Road Trip Planner
By William Modesitt
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Place pins on a worldwide map for each location you want to visit, then see your route. Enter trip details for each location and create a complete trip itinerary.
MAP PINS HOLD WHAT YOU NEED. Each pin shows:
- arrival date & time
- departure date & time
- travel time to this location
- time spent at this location
- name of pin (such as John’s house)
- address of pin
- notes and images
- custom pin color and icon (choose from over 90 designs or make your own)
- URL for related information
- URL for related images
- NOAA and Wunderground weather reports
- nearby web cams
- Flickr photo search
- transport type (driving or walking)
- satellite view
- Internet Search results
- list of activities (lodging, sights to see, etc.)
- choose between multiple routes (if available)
- set the route color between pins
- between pins view driving distance, driving time, fuel cost, travel advisories, turn-by-turn driving directions
- import pins from your Contacts (select as many at once as you like)
EACH PIN CAN HAVE MANY ACTIVITIES. For each activity you can record:
- name of activity
- activity date, time and duration
- email address
- confirmation number
There are two types of pins. Route Pins are used to create the route. POI Pins mark points of interest on the map.
Choose between driving and walking for each pin. For air and rail routes a straight line can be displayed between pins.
Add, remove or rearrange the pins in any order you wish. Search for places such as restaurants or hotels near each pin. Routes and pins can be sent to Apple Maps.
Each trip can be saved as a separate document. Perfect for anyone who wants to maintain a record of past trips.
PUT YOUR TRIP IN YOUR GPS device. Route pins and routes can be exported as GPX files that can be imported by many Global Positioning System devices.
VIEW YOUR TRIP ON YOUR IPHONE OR IPAD with our simple Road Trip Planner Viewer app, or other apps that import GPX data, such as our GPX-Viewer app.
THE ITINERARY HOLDS ALL OF THE DETAILS. Share it and take it with you.
- display the itinerary in a separate window
- save the itinerary to disk or share it easily
- optionally include a map image with pins and routes, activities for each Route Pin, costs for each activity, total fuel cost, total trip cost, information for Points of Interest Pins, and driving instructions
USE THE TO-DO CHECKLIST. Make sure you don’t forget anything.
Import location data from our other map-related apps for campgrounds, beaches, rest areas, coffee shops, offbeat tourist attractions, hot springs, and more. For a complete list visit website below.
Development is very active and we have many more features planned. We respond quickly to suggestions and questions in our forum.
PLEASE CONTACT US IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR AN ISSUE. We promise we'll respond as quickly as we can.
For more info, screenshots, videos, and support questions click on the Road Trip Planner support button or visit http://roadtripplanner.modesittsoftware.com
This app requests access to your Contacts for two reasons.
1. In order to compute an address for a specific latitude and longitude Apple requires the app to request access to your Contacts.
2. Access to your Contacts is required to create map pins from addresses in your Contacts app.
That’s it. Nothing evil. The app is just trying to make things easier for you.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PURCHASING:
The mapping and routing functionality Road Trip Planner uses is based upon Apple’s maps technology. If Apple Maps cannot find a route between map pins, then neither can Road Trip Planner. Please test the area you wish to travel using Apple’s Maps app to ensure that the area can be routed. If it cannot be routed, please submit the issue to Apple at http://www.apple.com/feedback/maps_mac.html. If Apple Maps cannot perform routing in the area you wish to travel then neither can Road Trip Planner.
What's New in Version 3.4
- New preference: scale images (for drag and drop). Scaling the images can greatly reduce the size of the file while maintaining image quality.
- New command: Optimize File, under the File menu. This command optimizes the images based on the two image preferences and can reduce the size of the file up to 90% or more, meaning faster load times for the file and the itinerary.
- Added a Save As command under the File menu.
- Bug fixes
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Apr 20, 2015
- Version: 3.4
- Size: 8.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: William Modesitt
- © 2015 Modesitt Software
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor