Road Trip Planner
By William Modesitt
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Road Trip Planner helps you plan your next road trip, or use it to record your past road trips.
Drop pins worldwide anywhere on the map by shift-clicking onto the map, or by entering an address (type the address, or obtain it from your Contacts). Once the pin drops onto the map, its address is retrieved. Customize your route by dropping additional pins. When two or more pins are on the map, routes between the pins can be displayed. The routes can be driving or walking, and they show the distance, travel time, fuel cost if driving, and any advisories. Perfect for anyone planning a road trip, or wants to maintain a record of past road trips.
- Add an unlimited number of pins to the map.
- Map pins can be placed anywhere there’s a map (Europe, Asia, America, etc).
- Save each road trip as a separate document.
- Add notes (including images), arrival and departure date and time, URLs, and more for each pin.
- Rearrange the pins so they’re ordered the way you want.
- View weather and web cams for each pin location.
- Search for places or amenities (gas, hotels, food) for each pin location.
- Send a route or the pins to Apple Maps.
- Routes show fuel costs when driving.
- Customize routes by dropping more pins.
- Create activities for any map pin. Each activity consists of a name, date, cost and related notes. Helps plan for your trip as well as keep a handle on expenses.
- View an itinerary of your road trip on a separate window.
- Enter document info such as start date, end date, and notes on each road trip.
- Receive location data from some of our other map related apps (see web site below for specifics).
- And more!
For more info and images click on the Road Trip Planner Support button or visit http://www.modesittsoftware.com/RoadTripPlanner/Road_Trip_Planner/Intro.html
More features are planned, so please send you comments to email@example.com.
Contacts access: this app requests access to your Contacts for two reasons:
1. It uses the address book to create address information based on a given latitude and longitude. In this instance your contacts are not used, but in order to compute the address from a latitude and longitude, developers are required to request access to your Contacts.
2. For the Add Pin window, we tried to make it easy for you by allowing you to select a location from your Contacts to drop a pin on an address in your Contacts.
That’s it. Nothing evil. Just trying to make the app easier for you to use.
What's New in Version 1.4.1
Some minor bug fixes.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Mar 06, 2014
- Version: 1.4.1
- Size: 4.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: William Modesitt
- © 2014 Modesitt Software
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor