RoadAhead Highway Exit Finder
By RoadAhead Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
RoadAhead™ helps you find the best exit ahead on the highway for all your travel needs. RoadAhead automatically locates you on a highway, searches based on your categories, and displays merchants at upcoming exits - with user ratings, gas prices, distance from exit, and other helpful info.
Here’s what the media has been saying about RoadAhead:
• "Because we don't double back, kids. If you wanted to go to Burger King, you should have told me 30 miles ago." - Rafe Needleman, cnet - RoadAhead: Savior of the long-distance driver?
• "What if you could compare the gas prices of the stations at the next exit, versus those 30 miles down the road? What if you could make sure you never drove past another doughnut shop with a five-star rating on Yelp?" - Scott Kirsner, Globe Columnist, Innovation Economy RoadAhead, organizes the world by exit
• "RoadAhead is not your typical location-based app that simply tells you the amenities around you..." Best App: Find What's off the Next Highway Exit
• “One of the joys of writing for TUAW is being able to devote some time to finding apps that are unique and make life easier for our readers.” Mel Martin, TUAW RoadAhead is a different and clever nav app
• “Have you ever stopped off the highway for a quick caffeine jolt -- and then wanted to toss the bitter-tasting brew out the window as you whiz by a Starbucks five minutes down the road?” Automotive App of the Week: RoadAhead
• "..but if your question is, 'Where am I going?,' look to RoadAhead for answers.", Seth Kugel, NY Times Travel Section
Unlike other travel apps, RoadAhead organizes merchants by what is ahead and what is convenient to the exit:
• It knows which highway you are on, the direction you are traveling and the upcoming exits - for every exit on all highways in the US.
• It organizes merchants by the exits ahead, and doesn't bother you with stuff behind or around you.
• Other apps help you find gas OR food, but what if you want to optimize the stop with gas AND food AND groceries?
• It presents results in an easy to read list with ratings, prices and distance/direction from exit.
• It keeps the next exit at the top of the list, so you see what's coming up at a glance.
• Use it when you're not on the highway to plan your trip - just select the road and exits to search or search Nearby to find local merchants
• Get coupons and offers for restaurants, hotels, and shopping that match your criteria, organized by exit
• Unlike many road signs, it doesn’t mislead about how close or far the merchant is off the exit.
Please note that RoadAhead is designed to work on limited access highways, e.g. highways with exits - interstates, intrastates, state routes, and beltways. If you are not on a highway, RoadAhead can search nearby your current location.
One last, important thing - USING YOUR PHONE WHILE DRIVING IS A BAD IDEA (and in some states illegal). Hand your phone to your passenger and ask them to navigate. Please use good judgment when using your phone in the car.
Please join the RoadAhead community on facebook to give us feedback, learn about updates, and get help by clicking the RoadAhead Support link below:
What's New in Version 2.52 (140924)
Quick update for iOS 8
If you appreciate our free application please rate us five stars on the App Store. If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please send us feedback from the Support button in the app. Apple provides no way for us to respond to a negative review on the app store so we would appreciate the chance to resolve any problem you run into. You will find us very responsive.
The RoadAhead Team
Needs Google map functionality.
This is a great app. I've used it on just about every road trip I've been on and it's been a real life saver more than once for finding gas stations (I'm very forgetful and often forget to get gas before leaving town, so this function has literally been a lifesaver), and healthy/local places to eat out at, which for someone with a whole host of food allergies like me is a great thing to have.
My only complaint is that if you need directions to be given from the app itself, it only has the option to use Apple Maps. I don't use Apple Maps because I don't trust the directions it gives and it's notoriously inaccurate.
I use Google Maps. So it's a bit of a pain having to toggle between two different app windows just to type in the address of a place from this app into Google Maps.
Not to mention that sometimes when I do this this app loses the address I had up, so I have to go search for it again, which is a pain to do with then limited cell service on the roads. It's doable of course but a hassle none the less. So if the devs of this app could please add direct Google Maps functionality that would be much appreciated. Until then, it only gets four stars.
Use it for planning road trips too
I use this app while I'm on the road of course, but also on long road trips - like 500 and 1300 mile trips. It allows you to look ahead anywhere in the country, just have the state, Interstate, and exit number or city to search (obviously don't perform this function while driving). While driving you can simply hit the "find me" button & it will bring up the next exit, then the one following and the one after that, etc. I have found one or two mistakes - a restaurant no longer there or one is there that is not indicated on the app. But it is about 98% accurate (that's not a scientific number).
LOVE THIS APP!!!
We use this on every single road trip!
It is sooo much nicer to stop at small local restaurants/cafés/pubs than to dine from fast food drive through windows!
Getting gas is never a problem when you're stuck between large stretches of highway with no rest stops.
This app shows you what's off of every exit ahead of you and not only tells you the exact distances everything is from the exit, but takes you there and gets you back to the highway.
I plan a little extra time for my road trips these days to check out something new on my route, all courtesy of this really cool app. Check it out.