RoadAhead Highway Exit Finder
By RoadAhead Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
RoadAhead™ organizes the world by exit. Why search around you, when you want to know what's Ahead?
RoadAhead searches the exits ahead for gas, food, lodging, landmarks, and many more categories - with ratings, prices, cuisine, distance from exit, and other helpful info.
Here’s what the media has been saying about RoadAhead:
• "Because we don't double back, kids. If you wanted to go to Burger King, you should have told me 30 miles ago." - Rafe Needleman, cnet - RoadAhead: Savior of the long-distance driver?
• "What if you could compare the gas prices of the stations at the next exit, versus those 30 miles down the road? What if you could make sure you never drove past another doughnut shop with a five-star rating on Yelp?" - Scott Kirsner, Globe Columnist, Innovation Economy RoadAhead, organizes the world by exit
• "RoadAhead is not your typical location-based app that simply tells you the amenities around you..." Best App: Find What's off the Next Highway Exit
• “One of the joys of writing for TUAW is being able to devote some time to finding apps that are unique and make life easier for our readers.” Mel Martin, TUAW RoadAhead is a different and clever nav app
• “Have you ever stopped off the highway for a quick caffeine jolt -- and then wanted to toss the bitter-tasting brew out the window as you whiz by a Starbucks five minutes down the road?” Automotive App of the Week: RoadAhead
• "..but if your question is, 'Where am I going?,' look to RoadAhead for answers.", Seth Kugel, NY Times Travel Section
Unlike other travel apps, RoadAhead organizes the world by upcoming exits:
• locates you and shows the upcoming exits - for most highways in the US
• shows what's ahead, and doesn't bother you with stuff behind or around you
• optimizes your pit stop with multiple services - gas AND food AND groceries - unlike other apps that can only search one category
• shows merchants in an easy to read list or map, with ratings, prices and distance/direction from exit
• let's you plan ahead - just select the highway and initial exit to search
Please note that RoadAhead is designed to work on limited access highways, e.g. highways with exits - interstates, US highways, state routes, and beltways. If you are not on a highway, RoadAhead can search Around your current location.
One last, important thing - USING YOUR PHONE WHILE DRIVING IS A BAD IDEA (and in some states illegal). Hand your phone to your passenger and ask them to navigate. Please use good judgment when using your phone in the car.
Please join the RoadAhead community on facebook to give us feedback, learn about updates, and get help.
What's New in Version 3.60
A big update with many helpful additions. New in 3.5 and 3.6:
• Use Google maps or Apple maps for navigation
• Collapse/expand exits to hide results
• Continuously updates distance to each exit
• Automatically scrolls to the next exit when you pass an exit (you asked, we delivered)
• Map mode - see a map of each upcoming exit and quickly skim the RoadAhead to find the easiest off/on exit
• Next highway - stitches together highways across state lines for a continuous list of exits
• Bug fixes, iOS updates and new roads/exits
RoadAhead is completely redesigned to take advantage of the latest iOS. It’s faster, simpler, and optimized to work on all devices - from iPhone 5S to 7 Plus, and iPads - in portrait, landscape, and split view. It's the easiest, most capable highway app on the app store.
If you’re a fan, please help us by letting your friends know - please rate us 5-stars on the app store and like RoadAhead on facebook.
New in 3.0:
• instantly locates you on the highway, or if you’re not on a highway finds the nearest exit
• improved exit data - including new roads, exits, and road aliases - capturing years of feedback from our users
• new filter - find just what you’re looking for - filter merchants by cuisine, ratings, price, hours, and distance from exit
• sort by distance from exit, price, rating or category
• re-architected to be a universal, 64-bit app, meaning - it’s faster, more reliable, works on all devices, and Apple will love us
• works in landscape, split view on iPads, and upside down
• fun new categories to search - landmarks, gyms, museums, RV stops, and EV charging
• rest areas stand out with a blue banner, helping you plan that next pit stop
• graphical road signs, with proper signs for interstate, US highways and every state
• clean, modern, more intuitive design - fits naturally with your favorite iOS apps
If you're having problems, please don't rate us less than 5*, let us help with your problem. Reach out to us using the support link on the social tab or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks,
the RoadAhead team
Thanks for continuing to update my favorite travel app.
Thanks for updating one of my favorite apps, I used this for years when driving to kid sporting events and looking for places on the way...great for finding a pizza place as you are driving to and from and ordering ahead of time. Yelp integration is very helpful, as well as the gas options. I love the additional categories and updated UI.
Saved me from running out of gas en route from DC to Boston!! Found a great sandwich shop and a nice park to walk my dog as well (all within a few minutes of my route) Amazing innovation. Excited to see what comes out of RoadAhead Labs in the future; the new update is sleek!!! Keep rocking on 👍
Love and use this app
This app is so user friendly. We are in our 70s and travel all over the US and this app gives us the information we need better than all the others.