RoadAhead Highway Exit Finder
By RoadAhead Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
RoadAhead™ helps you find the best exit ahead on the highway for all your travel needs. RoadAhead automatically locates you on a highway, searches based on your categories, and displays merchants at upcoming exits - with user ratings, gas prices, distance from exit, and other helpful info.
Here’s what the media has been saying about RoadAhead:
• "Because we don't double back, kids. If you wanted to go to Burger King, you should have told me 30 miles ago." - Rafe Needleman, cnet - RoadAhead: Savior of the long-distance driver?
• "What if you could compare the gas prices of the stations at the next exit, versus those 30 miles down the road? What if you could make sure you never drove past another doughnut shop with a five-star rating on Yelp?" - Scott Kirsner, Globe Columnist, Innovation Economy RoadAhead, organizes the world by exit
• "RoadAhead is not your typical location-based app that simply tells you the amenities around you..." Best App: Find What's off the Next Highway Exit
• “One of the joys of writing for TUAW is being able to devote some time to finding apps that are unique and make life easier for our readers.” Mel Martin, TUAW RoadAhead is a different and clever nav app
• “Have you ever stopped off the highway for a quick caffeine jolt -- and then wanted to toss the bitter-tasting brew out the window as you whiz by a Starbucks five minutes down the road?” Automotive App of the Week: RoadAhead
• "..but if your question is, 'Where am I going?,' look to RoadAhead for answers.", Seth Kugel, NY Times Travel Section
Unlike other travel apps, RoadAhead organizes merchants by what is ahead and what is convenient to the exit:
• It knows which highway you are on, the direction you are traveling and the upcoming exits - for every exit on all highways in the US.
• It organizes merchants by the exits ahead, and doesn't bother you with stuff behind or around you.
• Other apps help you find gas OR food, but what if you want to optimize the stop with gas AND food AND groceries?
• It presents results in an easy to read list with ratings, prices and distance/direction from exit.
• It keeps the next exit at the top of the list, so you see what's coming up at a glance.
• Use it when you're not on the highway to plan your trip - just select the road and exits to search or search Nearby to find local merchants
• Get coupons and offers for restaurants, hotels, and shopping that match your criteria, organized by exit
• Unlike many road signs, it doesn’t mislead about how close or far the merchant is off the exit.
Please note that RoadAhead is designed to work on limited access highways, e.g. highways with exits - interstates, intrastates, state routes, and beltways. If you are not on a highway, RoadAhead can search nearby your current location.
One last, important thing - USING YOUR PHONE WHILE DRIVING IS A BAD IDEA (and in some states illegal). Hand your phone to your passenger and ask them to navigate. Please use good judgment when using your phone in the car.
Please join the RoadAhead community on facebook to give us feedback, learn about updates, and get help by clicking the RoadAhead Support link below:
What's New in Version 2.31 (130822)
Fixes preference bug
If you appreciate our free application please rate us five stars on the App Store. If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please send us feedback from the Support button in the app. Apple provides no way for us to respond to a negative review on the app store so we would appreciate the chance to resolve any problem you run into. You will find us very responsive.
The RoadAhead Team
I've used Road Ahead since I had a 3GS. The app was a little shaky on that phone, but these days, it's a very solid and useful tool. I use it all the time, when I'm on any sort of road trip. Setup is key, and I recommend that you let it find your highway. Once it has your location, you can specify how close to the exit you want the results to be, or you can filter results by type.
I occasionally find places that don't show up or have closed in the results. They are only as good as the info Road Ahead can access, but recent updates have addressed this, and I've used the app to find dozens of gas stations, restaurants, and stores, while traveling the last couple of years. This is a must-have for anyone who drives the interstate highways a lot for work or pleasure.
Works great! Glad we heard about it before our road trip to Florida!
My husband told me about this app after reading his HOG magazine. I loaded it before we left to move our daughter to Orlando. We used the app to locate gas, food and lodging. It worked great and found our highway even when we were in the mountains in Tennessee. Also found a great little BBQ restaurant in Georgia - we were tired of fast food. The reviews show up in this app. Great job developers!
Exactly what I needed
This is so easy to use- and genius. I'll never have wonder how long until the next Taco Bell (ha) or have exit envy if I choose a spot thinking there's nowhere else around but realizing your favorite restaurant was just one exit up the road. This eliminates all questions and I love the links to yelp reviews at your fingertips. When you're constantly on the road this makes figuring out your next stop fun.