Professional video encoding for humans
Simply the best way to get your videos subtitled, metadata tagged, chapterized, encoded and uploaded to your portable device or website. RoadMovie 2 brings you "video-encoding-super-powers" in a friendly and easy to use interface. Now you can finally create professionally encoded videos without using several apps for each task. All you need comes in this one app. Easy to use, yet super-powerful. Enjoy!
• Powerful video encoding using FFMPEG or QuickTime.
• 64-bit encoding whenever possible for optimal encoding speed.
• Support for soft and hard-coded subtitles.
• Subtitle support for SubRip (.srt), SubViewer 1 & 2 (.sub), SubStation Alpha (.ssa/.ass) and MicroDVD.
• Built-in subtitle file search with automatic download, unarchive and parsing.
• Full iTunes metadata editor and automatic metadata fetching from TMDb and TVDb.
• Add/Edit Chapter markers.
• Track inspector.
• Batch encoding in a separate export queue.
• Built-in encoder Presets for popular devices.
• Presets for iPad, Apple TV, iPhone, iPod, PS3, PSP, Xbox, Wii, Web and more.
• Customize your own set of Presets. Possibilities are endless.
• Upload to FTP, SFTP, WebDav or YouTube.
• Automatically add to iTunes.
• Create and manage Destinations.
• Full AppleScript support to easily automate workflows.
• Video Podcast support. Publish video podcasts with one click.
- If you are having issues using RoadMovie, we want to help. Please contact us!
- Please install Perian from www.perian.org to support more input formats like MKV and AVI.
- Fixed a bug where RoadMovie could crash on malformed metadata.
- Subtitle search templates for Podnapisi updated.
- Italian localization by Paolo Navaretti. Thx!
Ratings and Reviews
This app has potential to be great but is unstable. It converts many different video file formats, adds metadata, subtitles and can import them into iTunes. Wow! A process Ive been doing manually using different apps. Unfortunately, after two weeks something went wrong and I can no longer preview .avi files and cannot convert .mkv files. Tech support was very responsive and friendly. But in the end they said it was a bug in the latest version of OS X and would report problem to Apple. Bummer.
-problem in Tv shows metadata not showing the poster or the picture of the show on iPads ,iPhones and iPods
- hope to add some kind of tool to be able to control the video aspect ratio so we can remove the top and bottom black bars in the video app
Screws the Screen size
Update solved many of the issues described here. Hopefully the developer will address the rest. Seems like It is evolving...
It is unbelivable this app calls itself professional. First it doesn't keep the correct aspect ratio by default, you have to find out what is your specific aspect ratio and then create a presset and add it to it. Suppose your file has the correct aspect ratio of 1920x1040 (because the black bars were cropped), if you use the default pressets it will always encode it as 960x540, yes not even HD! You have to create a new presset with your specific HD aspect ratio. Also, there is no way to use this software to remove black bars. The most BASIC thing an encoder mst do is KEEP THE ORIGNAL ASPECT RATIO! It also removes the Anamorphic features from your video, another cripple bonus!
It does not let you encode 2 audio options, just one. Because it has to load the whole movie it takes eons before letting you start riping, specially if your movie has 10GBs+. Well, many more limitations. The good thing, it is relatively fast and can use Elgato Turbo if you want to. Really this costs $30, and it is more limited than Handbrake! Right now it is an expensive disappointment.
- Bitfield AB
- 23.2 MB
- OS X 10.6.8 or later
- English, Catalan, Dutch, Finnish, French, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Bitfield AB
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.