By This Exit LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Never miss another giant twine ball, crazy museum or hilarious statue. App purchase ($2.99) unlocks ONE of 7 oddity-rich US or Canada regions. Optional in-app purchases unlock all 9,500+ attractions, or individual regions (See below, **States and Provinces by Region**). The experts at RoadsideAmerica.com reveal a world of nutty sights and wonders along the highway.
- Recommended Road Trip "Escape App" (Real Simple, May 2013)
- App of the Week (San Francisco Chronicle, Jan. 27, 2013)
- One of the "Best Travel Apps for Kids" (Conde Nast Traveler, 2012)
- #1 Paid Travel App, May 19-20, 2013
REPORTS ON ALL THE UNUSUAL PLACES
- World’s largest and smallest sights
- Little museums, quirky graves, statues, Muffler Men
- Odd buildings and architecture
- Route 66, classic attractions, tourist traps, bizarre eateries
- Mystery spots, gravity hills, caves, natural and unnatural wonders
FIND WHAT'S UP THE ROAD
- Check map or list for what oddities are near you or ahead, wherever you travel
- Search by attraction name, zip, address, or browse by city
- Explore 70+ categories (ex., Atomic, Music, Celebrities, Tech, Zombie Army)
PLAN A TRIP -- OR JUST LAUGH
- Read amusing field reports by our travel gurus and tipsters
- Get maps and directions, addresses, hours. Call attractions.
- View photo galleries
- Check Editors' Ratings to see how a place stacks up
- Get access to special "research" attraction targets
SPECIAL ROAD TRIP TOOLS
- Sunset Alert - Last daylight photo opportunity!
- Tourist Interruptus - Schedule an "urgent call" to yourself.
- Been There! - Mark your past conquests.
- Plot your next stop using Maps (or a popular alternate map app), or MotionX-GPS Drive or Drive HD
EASY TO SHARE
- Share your adventures through Facebook and Twitter
- Submit your tips and photos to RoadsideAmerica.com
Backed up by decades of research and eclectic eyewitness reports -- and with new info updated straight to your device -- Roadside America is your best mobile guide to the weird and wonderful along the road.
More details at RoadsideAmerica.com/mobile
* REGIONS, ENTIRE USA/CANADA OPTIONAL UPGRADE
When first launching app, select your one region. In-app purchases unlock additional individual regions as you need them, or you can permanently unlock all remaining regions with All Access purchase. Note: US Access (1 year) subscription purchase discontinued in versions 1.5 and newer. In-app purchases require a free Roadside America user account -- sign up within the app.
**States and Provinces by Region**:
- NORTHEAST: Delaware, DC, Connecticut, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia
- SOUTHEAST: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee
- MIDWEST: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, Wisconsin
- SOUTHWEST: Arizona, Colorado, Kansas, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas, Utah
- NORTHWEST: Idaho, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Washington, Wyoming
- CALIFORNIA: California, Alaska, Hawaii
- CANADA: Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Northwest Territories, Nova Scotia, Ontario, PEI, Québec, Saskatchewan, Yukon
What's New in Version 1.8.7
- iOS 7 optimization
- Added "What's New" launch message
- About section: "Version History" and app review links added.
- Web View progress spinner fixed
- Initial region selection problem? Please contact us for help: http://www.roadsideamerica.com/mobile/support/
Opens your mind and I love it
There are many places that do not have their unique attractions listed. That's why it is great to take pictures and submit them to the app to help build up the database. Not all towns have cool and odd attractions, but that is not the apps fault. For the person who has an adventurous spirit this is a fun app, almost like a treasure hunt. It's a lot of fun to use. It opens ones mind to seeing new things. With this app I have found amazing and odd things on my trips to Denver, Amarillo, Abilene, Chicago, Fort Worth. I am working to build up the list for central Texas. Keep on adding!
I bought this app because of the great reviews. I don't know where these people are traveling, but on my trip from NC to KS the app offered really uninteresting things to see, some of which were impossible to get to or ON PRIVATE PROPERTY and only viewable from a distance. When I pay for an app I expect quality, and this interface seems sort if just thrown together. The updates for site rely on users' direct contribution, so why did I have to pay for the app? It's really annoying that you can only unlock one region. Again, I paid for the app, so let me USE the whole thing. Really disappointed & I would recommend just doing research online before your trip & mapping it out that way.
Best App for Roadtrips!!
Roadside America's website and app made my cross country roadtrip so enjoyable! Never before have people been able to locate and see such interesting sites with such ease before! It's a great interface and easy to use. I do wish that they'd allow users to rate the roadside attractions, but their ratings seemed pretty accurate.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Jan 04, 2014
- Version: 1.8.7
- Size: 13.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: This Exit LLC
- © 2009-2014 This Exit LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- All Access$5.99
- US Access (v1.0-1.3)$5.99
- US - Southeast$1.99
- US - Midwest$1.99
- US - Southwest$1.99
- US - Northeast$1.99
- US - California$1.99
- US - Northwest$1.99