By This Exit LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Never miss another giant twine ball, crazy museum or hilarious statue. App purchase ($2.99) unlocks ONE of 7 oddity-rich US or Canada regions. Optional in-app purchase unlocks all 10,000+ attractions for $5.99 more, or individual regions for $1.99/ea. (See below, **States and Provinces by Region**). The experts at RoadsideAmerica.com specialize in nutty sights and oddball wonders.
- #1 iPhone Paid Travel App (US), July 12, 2015
- Recommended as "Great Road-Trip App" (Travel + Leisure, July 2014)
- "For a more lighthearted road trip, with more quirky sights highlighted, check out Roadside America…” (NY Times, July 2, 2014)
- Recommended Road Trip "Escape App" (Real Simple, May 2013)
- One of the "Best Travel Apps for Kids" (Conde Nast Traveler, 2012)
UNUSUAL AND FUNNY PLACES ALONG THE HIGHWAY
- World’s largest and smallest sights
- Quirky museums, quirky graves, statues, Muffler Men
- Bizarre architecture
- Route 66, classic tourist traps, bizarre eateries
- Mystery spots, gravity hills, caves, unnatural wonders
FIND WHAT'S UP THE ROAD
- Check map or list for what oddities are near you or drop a pin ahead
- Search by attraction name, address, or browse by city
- Explore 70+ categories (ex., Atomic, Music, Celebrities, Tech, Zombie Army)
PLAN A TRIP -- OR JUST LAUGH
- Read amusing field reports by our travel gurus and tipsters
- View photos, maps and directions, addresses, hours. Call attractions.
- Check Editors' Ratings to see how a place stacks up
- Visit and report on exclusive "research" attraction targets
SPECIAL ROAD TRIP TOOLS
- Sunset Alert - Last daylight photo opportunity!
- Tourist Interruptus - Schedule an "urgent call" to yourself.
- Plot your next stop using Maps.
Backed up by decades of research and eclectic eyewitness reports, Roadside America is your best mobile guide to the weird and wonderful along the road.
FAQ AND CONTACT INFO
(For region activation or persistent network connection issues, please contact us via the website.)
* REGIONS, ENTIRE USA/CANADA OPTIONAL UPGRADE
When first launching app, you will select your one region (In your device Settings, Privacy: Location Services must be turned ON). In-app purchases permanently unlock other individual regions, or All Access unlocks all remaining regions. Sign up for a Roadside America user account for region purchases and device access restores.
**States and Provinces by Region**:
- NORTHEAST: Delaware, DC, Connecticut, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia
- SOUTHEAST: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee
- MIDWEST: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, Wisconsin
- SOUTHWEST: Arizona, Colorado, Kansas, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas, Utah
- NORTHWEST: Idaho, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Washington, Wyoming
- CALIFORNIA: California, Alaska, Hawaii
- CANADA: Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Northwest Territories, Nova Scotia, Ontario, PEI, Québec, Saskatchewan, Yukon
What's New in Version 1.8.8
- iOS 8 adjustments
- Location privacy settings updated
- Region selection or purchase problem? Please contact us: http://www.roadsideamerica.com/mobile/support/
Easy to use and helpful
My kids and I used this app for a road trip from CT to buffalo NY to Cleveland through PA and home. I bought the "Northeast" area with my purchase because that's where I live (!).
It provided us a number of great side trips to see the "Americana" that we all wanted to see. The app interface is intuitive even for adults (kids have no issues with technology). It would be nicer if the maps didn't re-center themselves, but that's a minor annoyance. Nice little app for organizing info on the attractions. Not sure if users can modify entries with the app, like updating web address or phone numbers for the attractions but you can do that on the roadsideamerica web page.
Overall a great app with a simple intuitive interface that will help you discover new interesting places wherever you may roam.
Tons of nothing!!!
I downloaded the app because we were traveling on a long trip and I thought it would be interesting to see attractions along the way... Let me just start by saying the $2.99 is only the beginning then you have to pay to "unlock" regions. Well if your idea of attractions include ole reds head the dead donkey or international water tasking... Or maybe it pleases you to jot off the highway at exit to see any number of various odd shaped buildings or weird statues... So for only $10 you can know where the countries oddest attractions are!!! I mean what cyclops wouldn't want to see the "largest real tire" in the world?!?! This app was created with great intentions but not even the dorks from national lampoons vacation would use this crap!
Travel made fun and exciting. Making for great trips
I have used this app as I travel the USA on business or pleasure! When I hit the road I always see what is nearby. I'm amazed at how much we miss in our daily "busy" lives. I purchase the entire country for my travel choices. Highly recommend this for the adventure of whats out there. A must for families with kids that like to be adventurous. See what great or weird things await you! We've been to all 50 states and find it fun to hunt for the unexpected. D&N.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Nov 03, 2014
- Version: 1.8.8
- Size: 9.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: This Exit LLC
- © 2009-2014 This Exit LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- All Access$5.99
- US Access (v1.0-1.3)$5.99
- US - Southeast$1.99
- US - Southwest$1.99
- US - Midwest$1.99
- US - Northeast$1.99
- US - Northwest$1.99
- US - California$1.99