The team at RoadsideAmerica.com has spent decades exploring the weird wonders of America’s highways. The Roadside America app puts their expertise at your fingertips to help you on your own unforgettable adventures. Fun reports, maps and photos guide you to the less traveled places just waiting off the next exit.
App purchase includes your choice of 1 permanent U.S./Canada region (of 7 total regions).* Optional in-app purchases with a Roadside America account unlock more or all regions ("All Access").
- The Today Show: "Road Trip Must Haves"
- Travel + Leisure: "Great Road-Trip App"
- Real Simple: Recommended Road Trip "Escape App"
- Conde Nast Traveler: "Best Travel Apps for Kids"
- NY Times: "For a more lighthearted road trip, with more quirky sights highlighted, check out Roadside America…"
DISCOVER UNUSUAL AND FUNNY PLACES ALONG THE HIGHWAY
- World’s largest and smallest sights
- Strange museums, graves, statues, Muffler Men
- Bizarre architecture, obscure history
- Route 66 sights, tourist traps, odd theme parks
- Mystery spots, gravity hills, caves, unnatural wonders
SEE WHAT'S UP THE ROAD
- Check map or list for what oddities are nearby, or drop a pin ahead.
- Search by attraction name, address, or browse by city.
- Explore 70+ themes: Atomic, Music, Celebrities, Tech, Zombie Army, more!
PLAN A TRIP -- OR JUST LAUGH
- Read amusing field reports by our travel gurus, the authors of Roadside America.
- View photos, maps and directions, addresses, hours. Call attractions.
- Find out about exclusive "research" attraction targets we think have potential!
- Filter Editors' Ratings to focus on the must-sees in your vicinity.
USE ROAD TRIP TOOLS
- Send an attraction location to Maps or other popular routing apps
- Export/Import your Saves and Been Theres to a 2nd device
- Submit Tips on oddball and unique discoveries to our editors for possible inclusion.
FAQ AND CONTACT INFO
For region activation issues, please contact us in the app: More, Feedback or via the website https://www.roadsideamerica.com/mobile/
* REGIONS: HOW TO COMPLETE YOUR IN-APP PURCHASE(S)
When first launching app, select your one permanent region (see included states, below). Then, you can make optional in-app purchases to permanently unlock more regions, or All Access unlocks all remaining regions. Sign up for a Roadside America user account for region purchases and device access restores.
- NORTHEAST: Delaware, DC, Connecticut, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia
- SOUTHEAST: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee
- MIDWEST: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, Wisconsin
- SOUTHWEST: Arizona, Colorado, Kansas, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas, Utah
- NORTHWEST: Idaho, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Washington, Wyoming
- CALIFORNIA: California, Alaska, Hawaii
- CANADA: Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Northwest Territories, Nova Scotia, Ontario, PEI, Québec, Saskatchewan, Yukon
- Fixed FAQ display at More>Feedback
- Fixed photo format for Submit Tip. Send 'em!
Ratings and Reviews
This app is a lot of fun if you like to meander by car. Sometimes we enjoy happening upon these treasures and sometimes we make destination trips. In either case, the descriptions are hip and fun and make us chuckle. If you like “freaky hoo-ha”, odd monuments, drive-by sculpture parks and sometimes
Historical treasures, this app is recommended. Where else can you be directed to eat the worlds first hamburger and then see Jayne Mansfield’s other grave whilst reading up on iconic muffler men and ghost stories.
A road trip necessity
I love this app. I took a 3 1/2 week road trip to drive from the East Coast to the west and found amazing things along the way. I used the app on a 2 1/2 week trip from the West Coast to the east later and also enjoyed finding interesting places. I shared it with the fellow I met recently
And he got a great deal of pleasure of looking at the towns he knows in finding the interesting and weird places near his familiar sites. Keep up the good work
Account required for additional regions
First off this is a really cool App. I really want to give it five stars. But sadly I can’t.
I am located right between two regions and want to buy access to another region. However instead of a standard in-app purchase, setting up a separate account is required. This makes little sense - I’d like to just buy this as an in-app purchase but for whatever puzzling reason the developers won’t allow this. I understand a sign-up if, say, the region access was free, but with paid content this doesn’t make much sense to me.
- This Exit LLC
- 10.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2009-2018 This Exit LLC
- In-App Purchases
- All Access $5.99
- US Access (v1.0-1.3) $5.99
- US - Southeast $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.