The team at RoadsideAmerica.com has spent decades exploring the weird wonders of America’s highways. The Roadside America app puts their expertise at your fingertips to help you on your own unforgettable adventures. Fun reports, maps and photos guide you to the less traveled places just waiting off the next exit.
App purchase includes your choice of 1 permanent U.S./Canada region (of 7 total regions).* Optional in-app purchases with a Roadside America account unlock more or all regions ("All Access").
- The Today Show: "Road Trip Must Haves"
- Travel + Leisure: "Great Road-Trip App"
- Real Simple: Recommended Road Trip "Escape App"
- Conde Nast Traveler: "Best Travel Apps for Kids"
- NY Times: "For a more lighthearted road trip, with more quirky sights highlighted, check out Roadside America…"
DISCOVER UNUSUAL AND FUNNY PLACES ALONG THE HIGHWAY
- World’s largest and smallest sights
- Strange museums, graves, statues, Muffler Men
- Bizarre architecture, obscure history
- Route 66 sights, tourist traps, odd theme parks
- Mystery spots, gravity hills, caves, unnatural wonders
SEE WHAT'S UP THE ROAD
- Check map or list for what oddities are nearby, or drop a pin ahead.
- Search by attraction name, address, or browse by city.
- Explore 70+ themes: Atomic, Music, Celebrities, Tech, Zombie Army, more!
PLAN A TRIP -- OR JUST LAUGH
- Read amusing field reports by our travel gurus, the authors of Roadside America.
- View photos, maps and directions, addresses, hours. Call attractions.
- Find out about exclusive "research" attraction targets we think have potential!
- Filter Editors' Ratings to focus on the must-sees in your vicinity.
USE ROAD TRIP TOOLS
- Send an attraction location to Maps or other popular routing apps
- Export/Import your Saves and Been Theres to a 2nd device
- Submit Tips on oddball and unique discoveries to our editors for possible inclusion.
FAQ AND CONTACT INFO
For region activation issues, please contact us in the app: More, Feedback or via the website https://www.roadsideamerica.com/mobile/
* REGIONS: HOW TO COMPLETE YOUR IN-APP PURCHASE(S)
When first launching app, select your one permanent region (see included states, below). Then, you can make optional in-app purchases to permanently unlock more regions, or All Access unlocks all remaining regions. Sign up for a Roadside America user account for region purchases and device access restores.
- NORTHEAST: Delaware, DC, Connecticut, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia
- SOUTHEAST: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee
- MIDWEST: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, Wisconsin
- SOUTHWEST: Arizona, Colorado, Kansas, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas, Utah
- NORTHWEST: Idaho, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Washington, Wyoming
- CALIFORNIA: California, Alaska, Hawaii
- CANADA: Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Northwest Territories, Nova Scotia, Ontario, PEI, Québec, Saskatchewan, Yukon
- Fixed FAQ display at More>Feedback
- Fixed photo format for Submit Tip. Send 'em!
Ratings and Reviews
I loooove this app
Help find interesting things to do when just entering a town and have time to waste. Also to find historical spots that you would never think to search for. Plus weird and cool things too. My kids always calls this my adventure I take them on. Especially now that they are getting their drivers licenses and needs hours behind the wheel. I look for something and not tell them then once we get to the spot they will say, “really mom?” Or “wow, now this is cool!”. We have tons of fun with this app.
Purchased the app once I received email to confirm wouldn’t allow access states I had to register. Tried to register again,said account was already active. Had to delete app and start over. Once I finally was able to access app tried to unlock all. Will not allow me to tells me I have to purchase the unlocked version which I have. Still will not allow me to access everything. Waste of money and time.
Developer Response ,
You can restore access via More > All Access by tapping the red Restore button and logging in. Please contact us via More > Feedback if still encountering a region access issue, and we can provide support and more detailed troubleshooting instructions.
This app is a lot of fun if you like to meander by car. Sometimes we enjoy happening upon these treasures and sometimes we make destination trips. In either case, the descriptions are hip and fun and make us chuckle. If you like “freaky hoo-ha”, odd monuments, drive-by sculpture parks and sometimes
Historical treasures, this app is recommended. Where else can you be directed to eat the worlds first hamburger and then see Jayne Mansfield’s other grave whilst reading up on iconic muffler men and ghost stories.
- This Exit LLC
- 10.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2009-2018 This Exit LLC
- In-App Purchases
- All Access $5.99
- US Access (v1.0-1.3) $5.99
- US - Southeast $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.