Guide your family to the pile of rocks shaped like Nixon's head, or the wax gallery of unelected presidents! Road trip-ready details for U.S. presidential landmarks -- museums, birthplaces, graves, unusual statues, tourist traps. RoadsideAmerica.com's offbeat experts uncover the obscure sights and must-see shrines, and provide POTUS profiles and amusing trivia.
"This app from the quirky online travel guide Roadside America makes it easy to find over 1,300 POTUS-related attractions…" (Wall St. Journal, Feb. 14, 2014)
Plan your own trail to the chiefs, with maps, directions, hours, phone numbers and helpful visitor tips:
- Birthplaces, graves, museums, libraries, monuments
- Waypoints to History: the slept-here, ate-here, dropped dead-here locations
- Tourist attractions and unique fan tributes
- Landmarks of the First Ladies and VPs, and the peculiar siblings, White House pets, and presidential also-rans and wannabes
- Assassins, scandal and conspiracy sites - from Ford's Theatre to Teapot Dome
- Museums with that one special president artifact - a lock of precious hair, or a funeral wagon
Profiles - From George Washington to Barack Obama to Donald Trump, read about triumphs and fumbles of each president, and how they aided or injured your inalienable Right to Road Trips!
Arcana - Become a presidential know-it-all, armed with fun trivia: Who had the biggest feet? Who drank poisoned milk and died? Did America really have a One Day President?
- Save favorites and a "Been There" list
- View nearby attractions on a map
- Snap pix or submit tips about presidential landmarks you've visited
- Plot your next stop using Maps (or popular alternate map apps)
Note: Presidential landmarks are clumped in the East and Midwest, but every state has something‚ and the app continues to add new presidential places, with your help!
- Fixed bug affecting submitted tip photos
- Removed outdated routing option
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
- FAQs at >More >Feedback
Ratings and Reviews
Great app? Or GREATEST app?
This "Roadside Presidents" app is SO GREAT! I just got it yesterday and it showed me so much POTUS-related stuff around Dallas/Ft Worth I didn't know about (including statues of Washington through Madison hidden in a Ft Worth Mausoleum I visited/posted yesterday). It's going to make traveling more fun than ever.
Easy to use. Very informative.
Must have for presidential historian buffs!
If you travel, if you love anything to do with presidents, if you love to make your wife hate you for extending the drive to your vacation Mecca just to see he biggest ball of twine, then you must own this app! Also, any substantiated presidential find you know of is welcomed with a minimum of background info. You can be the envy of all of us presidential geeks!
- This Exit LLC
- 16.1 MB
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2012-2018 This Exit LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.