By This Exit LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Guide your family to the pile of rocks shaped like Nixon's head or the wax gallery of unelected presidents! Road trip-ready app of 1,300+ U.S. presidential landmarks, from the historical to the hysterical -- museums, birthplaces, unusual statues, tourist traps, and random nuttiness. RoadsideAmerica.com travel experts created tons of new content exclusively for this app. Who knew a bunch of guys with powdered wigs and nuclear arsenals could be this entertaining?
"This app from the quirky online travel guide Roadside America makes it easy to find over 1,300 POTUS-related attractions…" (Wall St. Journal, Feb. 14, 2014)
Plan your own trail to the chiefs, with maps, directions, hours, phone numbers and helpful visitor tips:
- Birthplaces, graves, museums, libraries, monuments
- Waypoints to History: the slept-here, ate-here, dropped dead-here locations
- Tourist attractions and unique fan tributes
- Landmarks of the First Ladies and VPs, and the quirkiest siblings, White House pets, and presidential also-rans and wannabes
- Assassins, scandal and conspiracy sites - from Ford's Theatre to Teapot Dome
- Museums with that one special president artifact - a lock of precious hair, or a funeral wagon
Profiles - From George Washington to Barack Obama to Donald Trump, read about triumphs and fumbles of each president, and how they aided or injured your inalienable Right to Road Trips!
Arcana - Become a presidential know-it-all, armed with fun trivia: Who had the biggest feet? Who drank poisoned milk and died? Did America really have a One Day President?
- Save favorites and a "Been There" list
- View nearby attractions on a map
- Snap pix or submit tips about presidential landmarks you've visited
- Plot your next stop using Maps (or a popular alternate map app), Waze, MotionX-GPS Drive or Drive HD
Note: Presidential landmarks are clumped in the East and Midwest, but every state has something‚ and the app continues to add new presidential places, with your help!
What's New in Version 1.4
- More Directions Options: Support for Waze, other navigation apps
- Added a map for each attraction
- Fixed bug crash when encountering bad map coordinates
- Adjusted for iOS 10, upgraded to 64-bit performance
Great app? Or GREATEST app?
This "Roadside Presidents" app is SO GREAT! I just got it yesterday and it showed me so much POTUS-related stuff around Dallas/Ft Worth I didn't know about (including statues of Washington through Madison hidden in a Ft Worth Mausoleum I visited/posted yesterday). It's going to make traveling more fun than ever.
Easy to use. Very informative.