Robinhood - Stock Trading
By Robinhood Markets, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Invest for free
- Buy and sell stocks online, commission free.
- No minimum balance, so you can start investing at any level.
Investing at your fingertips
- Sign up in minutes, trade stocks in seconds. Easily buy and sell stocks in just a few taps.
- Use funds immediately with Robinhood Instant Deposits, instead of waiting the standard 3-day period.
- Stay on top of your investments with personalized push notifications that alert you on earnings, dividends, and splits.
- Access real-time stock market data.
- Place market, limit, stop loss, stop limit, and good-till-canceled orders.
Designed for you
- Approachable design, built from the ground up with newcomers and experts in mind.
- View beautiful, intuitively designed charts, and historical market data for any stock.
- Apple Design Award Winner.
Upgrade your account, subscribe to Gold
- Invest more in the companies you love with up to double the buying power.
- Capture investment opportunities right away with larger instant deposits.
- Get access to extended market hours as early as 9am EST and as late as 6pm EST.
Get Free Stock
- Refer a friend and you’ll both get a free stock!
- Earn up to $500 of free stocks that include some of the most popular stocks on the market.
Trusted by Millions in the USA
- Robinhood uses cutting-edge technology to ensure your information is fully encrypted and securely stored
- Robinhood is also a member of FINRA and SIPC, which protects securities customers of its members up to $500,000 (including $250,000 for claims for cash). Explanatory brochure available upon request or at www.sipc.org.
What Experts Have to Say
“The public markets have long been intertwined with the American Dream, and Robinhood offers a new generation the promise of owning a piece of it.” - Fast Company
"As their zero commission business model expands it could disrupt the traditional brokerage industry." - Jim Cramer, Mad Money
"It's sleek. It's easy to use. It's designed to give first time, small-scale investors a leg up on Wall Street hotshots." - Business Insider
"Stock trading was expensive and ugly. Robinhood makes it free and pretty." - Tech Crunch
Please read important disclosures below:
All investments involve risk and the past performance of a security, or financial product does not guarantee future results or returns. Keep in mind that while diversification may help spread risk it does not assure a profit, or protect against loss, in a down market. There is always the potential of losing money when you invest in securities, or other financial products. Investors should consider their investment objectives and risks carefully before investing.
Margin trading involves interest charges and risks, including the potential to lose more than deposited or the need to deposit additional collateral in a falling market. Before using margin, customers must determine whether this type of trading strategy is right for them given their specific investment objectives, experience, risk tolerance, and financial situation.
System response, execution price, speed, liquidity, market data, and account access times are affected by many factors, including market volatility, size and type of order, market conditions, system performance, and other factors.
All securities and investments are offered to self-directed customers by Robinhood Financial, LLC, member FINRA (www.finra.org) & SIPC (www.sipc.org). Robinhood Financial, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Robinhood Markets, Inc.
What's New in Version 5.42.0
Here's what's under the hood in our latest update:
- Options trading is here! Sign up for the waitlist in settings.
- Bug fixes and improvements.
The only app I’m using
This is the only app I’m using for trading. When I got this app, it was after reading many financial sources. Yes I’m glad it’s free etc. But I would pay for one extra feature. There are many stocks I’m interested in but I don’t have time to check prices even daily. I’d like to set a target purchase price (or I guess sale price) for my “watch” stocks/funds and be notified that a stock is at that price or close to it. But otherwise, I love the app.
Only 1 annoying flaw
I setup my pin and typed in my password. Overtime it will always forget my pin and make me login all over again. I have a very long password so having to reauthenicate from the beginning is incredibly annoying. If this is a security feature I don’t see the point of the pin. I think the app should take use of the iPhones native security of TouchID or FaceID for convenient authentication once you’ve already logged in.
Easy To Use
this app is great to invest in stock. I love it because it’s easy to use and they don’t charge per transaction which is nice.
Con: the only down side is that it takes about 3 days to submit the actual price you wanted.
Pro: Gold member is better since it executed the exact price you wish to submit at that exact moment