Invest for Free
- Invest in stocks, ETFs, options, and cryptocurrencies side by side, all commission-free and easily accessible in one app.
- No account minimum needed to get started.
(Please see Robinhood’s Fee Schedule to learn more)
-Use funds immediately for stocks and crypto with Robinhood Instant Deposits, instead of waiting the standard 3-day period.
-Instantly sell your stocks to buy cryptocurrency or sell your cryptocurrency to buy stocks.
Investing at Your Fingertips
- Sign up in minutes, trade stocks, options, ETFs, and cryptocurrencies in seconds.
- Stay on top of your investments with personalized price movement, earnings, dividends, and splits notifications.
- Access real time market data for stocks, options and cryptocurrencies.
- Place market, limit, stop loss, stop limit, and good-til-canceled orders.
Designed for You
- Approachable design, built from the ground up with newcomers and experts in mind.
- View beautiful, intuitively designed charts and historical market data for stocks and cryptocurrencies.
- Apple Design Award Winner.
Get More Buying Power With Robinhood Gold
- Invest more in the companies you love with up to double the buying power.
- Capture investment opportunities right away with larger instant deposits.
- Get access to extended market hours as early as 9am EST and as late as 6pm EST.
Get Free Stock
- Refer a friend and you’ll both get a free stock like Apple, Ford or Sprint.
- Earn up to $500 of free stocks that include some of the most popular stocks on the market.
Secure & Trusted Platform
- We use cutting-edge security measures to protect your assets and your personal information.
- Robinhood Financial is also a member of FINRA and SIPC, which protects securities in your account up to $500,000. For details, please see www.sipc.org. Robinhood Crypto is not a member of FINRA or SIPC and cryptocurrencies are not protected by FDIC or SIPC insurance.
What Experts Have to Say
“The public markets have long been intertwined with the American Dream and Robinhood offers a new generation the promise of owning a piece of it.” - Fast Company
"As their zero commission business model expands it could disrupt the traditional brokerage industry." - Jim Cramer, Mad Money
"It's sleek. It's easy to use. It's designed to give first time, small-scale investors a leg up on Wall Street hotshots." - Business Insider
"Stock trading was expensive and ugly. Robinhood makes it free and pretty." - Tech Crunch
Robinhood Financial LLC and Robinhood Crypto, LLC are subsidiaries of Robinhood Markets, Inc. Equities and options are offered to self-directed customers by Robinhood Financial, member of FINRA and SIPC. Cryptocurrency trading is offered through Robinhood Crypto. Cryptocurrencies are not stocks. Any information about Robinhood Crypto on any Robinhood website, platform, emails or other communications, are for informational purposes only and not intended as a solicitation or advertisement for Robinhood Crypto.
All investments involve risk and the past performance of a security, other financial product or cryptocurrency does not guarantee future results or returns. While diversification may help spread risk, it does not assure a profit or protect against loss. You can always lose money when you invest in securities, cryptocurrencies, or other financial products. Investors should consider their investment objectives and risks carefully before investing.
Margin trading in securities involves interest charges and risks, including the risk of losing more than deposited or the need to deposit additional collateral in a falling market. Before using margin, customers must determine whether this type of trading strategy is right for them given their specific investment objectives, experience, risk tolerance and financial situation.
Here's what's under the hood in our latest update:
- Bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Like the legendary outlaw it’s named after, Robinhood sounds too good to be true. Free stock trading in a gorgeously designed interface that’s tailored for iPhone and Apple Watch? It’s no scam—the company earns revenue on interest from uninvested cash. That makes this Apple Design Award winner a great way to start investing in stocks (there’s no minimum balance required) and a powerful tool in the arsenal of experienced traders.
Lack luster support, glitchy app, no service support team
I am a military member whose been trying to grind ahead for some time. I have had this app for over one year convincing my friends to utilize it. At first it had great interface and support. Whenever a glitchy interface issue happened it wasn’t a big deal. I am a bit aggressive with my investments and utilize margin. They have always been transparent with regards to when a calls happening and when funds are due. Recently, the app gave me conflicting messages. I lodged two complaints / trouble tickets as that’s the only means of communication besides a number that only plays a recording to lodge complaints online. Long story short, I was told to cover but when I went to cover and see what was needed and estimated as a safe amount, it said I was fine. Today they sold my positions at a huge loss. I was prepared to cover but they’d rather not answer customer service. I will be seeking recoupment legally as this is not a sound business model. Every brokerage is responsive within an hour or so or at the very least will tell you in a single location what amount of funds are needed and when. This is straight up bad business and a poorly run app. Unless customer service fixes this problem I will keep this review in place and encourage all my friends to place similar reviews. I will also be reaching out to the media as I have app screenshots showing it displaying this conflicting information.
Wow Randy, we’re really sorry about this poor experience you had. This definitely doesn’t sound like the type of service we’re aiming to provide. I’ve found your earlier inquiry in our system and will reach out to you to make sure we get this resolved. Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and keep up the feedback!
So far I have been using this app for around 6 months and have never had a problem. I sent a support ticket in asking about future additions to the app and was given a very vague and general response. The response time was with 3 days though. Overall; I will be using this app continually in the future as it has proven to be very simple and of course the first of its kind when it comes to trading.
Update: It has been a year now sense posting the last review and I have to say, this is the best App on my phone. They have just introduced options trading which I’ve been looking forward to for a long time. They continue to update the app adding features and improvements for a better experience as well as a larger selection of stocks. I highly recommend this app for beginners and experienced investors. The ad free support and free commission is possible by earning interest off unused assets. I always leave a couple hundred dollars in my account to help the company earn interest of me and you should too ;)
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.