Roku Remote - RoByte
By TinyByte Apps
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The best Roku remote available. No setup required.
RoByte turns your iPhone or iPad into a Roku remote, but does way more than your standard remote!
• No setup is required. RoByte automatically scans your network to find your Roku.
• Easily change channels with one tap
• Use your keyboard for quick text entry for channels like Netflix or Hulu
• RoByte is designed for iPhone as well as iPad
• Easily navigate without looking at your phone using the swipe-pad
• More than 1 Roku in the house? RoByte pairs with multiple Roku players.
• Most problems connecting to your Roku can be resolved by simply reinstalling RoByte.
• RoByte can only connect if you are on the same wifi network as your Roku device.
In order for RoByte to talk to your Roku, the following must be true:
1. Your Roku must be connected to your home's wifi network.
2. Your iPhone or iPad's wifi must be turned on and connected to the same network as the Roku.
In most cases, RoByte will automatically scan and find your Roku device but there is a small case where if you have a more complicated setup, you may need to manually enter your Roku's IP address to connect.
If you're still unable to connect to your Roku, theres a good chance there's an issue somewhere within your network. Most common cases are Roku devices getting disconnected from your home wifi if it gets unplugged. You can also try reinstalling RoByte to do a fresh scan. Shoot us an email if you're still having trouble.
Email Support: email@example.com
Handcrafted by two brothers in San Francisco & Illinois. We call ourselves TinyByte Apps.
What's New in Version 2.0.9
Most everything works great, I have three Roku tvs in the house and I can control all of them with the app, but, wth, I paid $4 and can't control the volume. That was the whole point of why I bought the app in the first place because my fiancé falls asleep on top of the remote and I have to turn it down to fall asleep; the tv itself does not have physical buttons to do so. **I hope the makers of this app read this and figure it out... seems kind of obvious; to have volume control with a REMOTE.
I own this now on all platforms.
It's that good. Convenient, lets your rename your devices for easy identification, and works like a charm! I even use it on chrome. Would love Launch Center Pro support.
So far so good
I'm surprised at how well this app works, but it definitely needs sound control.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jun 23, 2016
- Version: 2.0.9
- Size: 8.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: TinyByte Apps
- © 2016 TinyByte Apps
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.