By Recoil Games Ltd
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
* NOW 60% OFF! *
* App Store Arcade: OS X Game of the Month (January 2012)
* IGM Game of the Year Awards 2011: PSN Editor's Choice
Grab a G-Lifter - your new best friend! Use it to change gravity at will, manipulate the environment, and throw huge crates at your enemies. Join the amazing exploits of astro-miner John Rochard and embark on a gravity-bending journey across the Solar System! Rochard is an award-winning side-scroller featuring hours of mind-blowing gravity gameplay, puzzle-solving and action. Narrated in a humorous cartoony style, Rochard tells a thrilling story of villains, a damsel in distress and a mysterious alien civilization.
- 5 long Chapters crammed with fast-paced platforming action and mind-bending puzzles based on gravity
- A beautifully crafted cartoonish visual style, rich with humor and personality
- Incredible items able to influence gravity and grab, swing and throw objects to solve puzzles or get rid of enemies
- A groovy soundtrack composed by Markus “Captain” Kaarlonen from Poets of the Fall, mixing southern rock/blues and 80′s inspired electronic music
- The legendary performance of Jon St. John as the voice of protagonist John Rochard
- The most advanced use of the Unity engine in a video game
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS — IMPORTANT FOR PRE-2010 MACS:
The game requires minimum of 256MB video memory to run smoothly. Please check the amount of video memory by running 'System Information' (Graphics/Displays:VRAM).
Specifically, the game does NOT run properly on these configurations:
- iMac: 2006 (Intel GMA or ATI Radeon X1600 128MB or NVIDIA GeForce 7300GT 128MB)*
- iMac: 2007-2008 (ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT 128MB)*
- Mac Mini: 2006-2008 (Intel GMA)
- Mac Mini: early 2009 (NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 128MB)*
- Macbook: 2006-2008 (Intel GMA)
- Macbook Air: early 2008 (Intel GMA)
- Macbook Pro: 2006 (ATI Radeon X1600 128MB)*
- Macbook Pro: 2007 (NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT 128MB)*
Performance may be low on these configurations (switch to the lowest possible resolution from the game options):
- iMac: 2006 (ATI Radeon X1600 256MB)
- Mac Mini: 2009 (NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256MB)
- Macbook: late 2008-2009 (NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256MB)
- Macbook Air: late 2008-2009 (NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256MB)
- Macbook Pro: 2006 (ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 256MB)
- Macbook Pro: mid 2009 (13" models MB990/MB991 with NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256MB)
- Macbook Pro: mid 2009 (Low-end 15" model MC118 with NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256MB)**
*) Please note that 256MB configurations of these models exist
**) Please note that most 15" Macbook Pro models with GeForce 9400M also have faster GeForce 9600M GT with dedicated video memory
- Customizable keyboard and two-button mouse controls. Use of Trackpad not recommended (except for ninjas).
- Wireless PS3 controller (OS X built-in driver; Pair as a Bluetooth device using USB cable)
- Logitech controllers (OS X built-in driver)
- Wired Xbox360 controller (with Tattiebogle Mac OS X driver)
- Gaming Universe: Best Downloadable Game of Gamescom 2011
- Unity Awards 2011: Best Graphics
- Unity Awards 2011: Best Gameplay
- GamingXP: Best Arcade Game of Gamescom 2011
- IGN: Editors' Choice
- GameShark: Editors' Choice
- GamePro: Editors' Choice
- Gaming Nexus: Editors' Choice
"Rochard kind of looks like a Metroidvania or Bionic Commando-style game at first, but it’s really neither. Instead, its focus is primarily on puzzle solving, and in that it succeeds, with clever challenges that get progressively more difficult." - Ars Technica (Verdict: BUY)
"Rochard is a breath of fresh air for the PlayStation Network and the gaming industry as a whole. It is an original ideal filled with great puzzles and an entertaining sense of humor." - Gaming Nexus (A-)
"Enjoy Rochard as it was intended, and let it bend your mind a bit. You won’t be sorry you did." - IGN (8.5/10)
What's New in Version 1.3
- Localizations for Russian, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Polish, Czech and Turkish
- iCloud support
- On some Retina systems the fullscreen modes may not behave correctly. Pressing cmd-F twice fixes the problem.
A true gem, Polished, and executed on a AAA level.
A thoroughly charming, exceptionally well polished 2.5d platformer and puzzle game. The art direction and characters have a cohesive sense of style and humor.
The puzzle aspects play with gravity, physics and object manipulation. New concepts are expertly and seamlessly introduced at a perfect pace. You're never faced with the frustration in which solving a situation requires discovering and using a new capability or mechanic you were previously completely unaware of.
The platforming and control are enjoyably tight and responsive -- (highlighting how sloppy, unresponsice controls like those in The Cave can become an irritating and encompassing distraction.) Graphics, voice acting, and score are vibrant and high quality. The tone manages to keep things light and humorous without detracting from the characters' sincerity or the story's stakes. Twisty plotting isn't the focus here, but the story isn't tossed off or truncated. The game takes you through a lot of varied content and areas; and the story developes nice turns. It's full length without overstaying or growing tedious.
I'd purchase a sequel without hesitation and look forward to putting my dollar down on anything else the folks behind this cook up.
Finished it a while ago, but go back again and again to play it over.
It reminds me of the side scroller games when I was younger. The graphics are amazing and the story line is fun. The main character is fun to play and as the game goes on, his main weapon gives more options.
I recommend it to anyone who is looking for a good looking game that can be addictive at times.
I absolutely loved this game. I bought it a while ago, but life had been keeping me busy, I finally had time to play it through and was absolutely impressed. The joystick support is something ALL other games at the APP Store should have, no fuss, no buts, it just plain works. Kudos to the developers!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Nov 07, 2012
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 1.05 GB
- Languages: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish
- Seller: Recoil Games Ltd
- © 2011-2012 Recoil Games, Ltd. The Recoil Games and Rochard® logos are trademarks of Recoil Games, Ltd. or its licensors in the US and/or other countries. All other trademarks are properties of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later