Rock-a-bye Baby: a Read-a-Long, Sing-a-Long Lullaby
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** We have been included in Babble.com's Top 50 iPhone apps for kids! **
Cuddle with your little one as this classic lullaby comes to life with beautiful illustrations, song, music and narration. This delightful app includes richly illustrated pages and professional singing, reading, and instrumental versions of the beloved children's song — plus the ability to record your very own versions to enjoy with your child!
Brought to life from the acclaimed tiger tales children's book, this is a wonderful app for sharing the joys of reading and music with your special little one. Enjoy the vivid illustrations and enchanting stereo recordings at nap time or bedtime while you sing or read along to the softly highlighted words. You can also create your own library of recordings: the intuitive interface means it only takes a few minutes to record your own voice singing or reading, or to record your child singing his or her very first lullaby. It's also perfect to capture the voice of a loved one who may not always be there to share bedtime — a real bonus for traveling parents, distant grandparents, even families in the armed forces!
More than a just a picture book, richer than a simple audio recording, Rock-a-bye Baby: a Read-a-Long, Sing-a-Long Lullaby is designed to offer a complete listening, reading and recording experience. We are proud to offer three different classic lullaby children's book applications. Unique in illustration, each tells a lovely story that can become the highlight of a very special bedtime.
* Two complete versions, which will download specifically for your device: an iPhone/iPod version and an individually-designed version that makes use of the full iPad screen at its most brilliant resolution. If you have an iPhone/iPod and an iPad, you get both at this one low price!
* Beautiful and engaging illustrated pages, created from the original paintings from the tiger tales hardcover picture book "Rock-a-bye Baby", illustrated by John Kanzler, published Fall, 2010.
* Softly lit words that help users follow the song or narration — great for little readers!
* Professional stereo recordings of song/instrumental, narration, and instrumental only.
* Sing-to-me option: listen to the song as the pages turn and words light up along with the lyrics.
* Read-to-me option: listen to the professional narration on each page with softly-lit words as you follow at your own pace.
* Instrumental-only option: watch the pages turn and sing or hum along as the music lulls your child to sleep.
* Record your own singing: a unique interface lets you record with the music and syncs your voice right to the instrumental background. You’re the singing star!
* Record your own narration: read each page with your own emphasis and at your own pace — or have your child read — to create a priceless keepsake recording.
* Create and save an unlimited number of recordings — record yourself, your child, your entire family — to enjoy again and again.
Please visit our website to find out how to archive your recordings from your iPad or iPhone to your Mac or PC so you'll always have these recordings. (A link is on the lullaby page).
mytales digital is a member of Moms with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families.
Recommended ages: 1-3, 3-6
Categories: Music, Reading
Dare I say it?
I love reading books to my daughters. I love the feel of the pages, the way they reach out and touch the pages, the experience of curling up and watching them absorb it all. But, dare I say that apps like this (and the publisher's other titles) might be even a slight touch, gulp, better? Maybe it's just the way the artwork jumps off the page, maybe the nice touch of softening the follow along highlights...heck, maybe it's just iPad itself. Something just feels right about this new way to read with my kids. Will I ever completely abandon "real" books? Probably not. But I'll definitely add more digital versions to our family's library.
An app with illustrations worth the money -- like a beautiful picture book that is brought to life -- with a much better voice than mine (LOL). Lots to do to, including reading, listening to soundtrack, and recording your own singing. I'm teaching my daughter the song, then I'll record her voice and keep it to show her when she grows up. Now we have all three.
The future of bed time stories!
This app is groundbreaking; the ability to record your voice and narrate the story while focusing entirely on your child's experience is revolutionary. My only complaint is that there aren't more titles available!
- Category: Books
- Released: Jun 22, 2010
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 11.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Labotec
- © 2010 mytales digital, llc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.