Rocket.Chat is a free and open source team chat collaboration platform that allows users to communicate securely in real-time across devices on web, desktop or mobile and to customize their interface with a range of plugins, themes and integrations with other key software.
By opting for Rocket.Chat, users also benefit from free audio and video conferencing, guest access, screen and file sharing, LiveChat, LDAP Group Sync, two-factor authentication (2FA), E2E encryption, SSO, dozens of OAuth providers and unlimited users, guests, channels, messages, searches and files. Users can set up Rocket.Chat on cloud or by hosting their own servers on-premises.
With more than 1.000 developer-contributors and over 22k stars on Github, Rocket.Chat has the largest and most active community of chat developers in the open source communication sector.
When you choose Rocket.Chat, you join a passionate community who help to grow the platform with us!
* Free Open Source Software
* Hassle free MIT license
* BYOS (bring your own server)
* Multiple Rooms
* Direct Messages
* Private Groups
* Public Channels
* Desktop and Mobile Notifications
* Edit and Delete Sent Messages
* Choose between 3 themes: Light, Dark, Black
* Sort conversations alphabetically or group by activity, unread or favourites
* Transcripts / History
* File Upload / Sharing
* I18n - [Internationalization with Lingohub]
* Hubot Friendly - [Hubot Integration Project]
* Media Embeds
* Link Previews
* LDAP Authentication
* REST-full APIs
* Remote Locations Video Monitoring
* Native Cross-Platform Desktop Application
GET IT NOW:
* Learn more and install: https://rocket.chat
* ONE-CLICK-DEPLOYMENT – See instructions on our GitHub repository: https://github.com/RocketChat
- Now the app supports Threads;
- Do not group messages from the same user, but different alias;
- Added support to two-way SSL authentication;
- Ability to crop the avatar before uploading it;
- Fixed the background color of the "swipe to read" to fill the content;
- Fixed a bug on custom emojis with URL escaped name;
- Fixed a bug with reactions on the main message of a discussion;
- Some fixes on theming overall;
Ratings and Reviews
Cannot stop unwanted “forced” conversation feeds.
There are 2 feeds that keep pushing their conversations on me that I have in two different ways tried to get stopped and no solutions.
So far I am only interested in a single chat and I get really annoyed when the post count shows I should check the feed I like only to find the other feed I do not care about.
I will rate it again when a feature to remove unwanted feeds is added.
The new UI sadly wastes a lot of space in the channel list due to big avatars and lots of padding - I wish there was an optional compact/condensed channel view similar to what the previous version looked like so I wouldn’t have to scroll so much. When you choose to “group by favorites” and also “group by type”, the favorites aren’t grouped by type. Apart from those issues, there have been a lot of improvements. Being able to pick an app icon and choose between themes is neat.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback harrybenson! The whole space you're seeing is because your server does not have the setting "Store Last Message" enabled. Please ask the administrator of your server the enabled here: Administration -> General -> Store Last Message. Then you'll start seeing the last message text filling the blank space. Thank you!
Not bad. Notifications broken again.
When the Version 3 update came I finally got push notifications working flawlessly. Since I’ve updated to the most recent versions notifications are broken again. This app is only as good as the notification system. I give it 4 stars because it’s a huge step forward in version 3. But with the broken notification system my team and I have resorted back to texts until they fix it.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback johnmarki! Notifications working depends on the configuration that your server and your users are using. Please check our community support channels in our forums to resolve this issue.
- Rocket.Chat Technologies Corp.
- 62.2 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Czech, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2019 Rocket.Chat Technologies Corp.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.