Rocket.Chat is a free and open source team chat collaboration platform that allows users to communicate securely in real-time across devices on web, desktop or mobile and to customize their interface with a range of plugins, themes and integrations with other key software.
By opting for Rocket.Chat, users also benefit from free audio and video conferencing, guest access, screen and file sharing, LiveChat, LDAP Group Sync, two-factor authentication (2FA), E2E encryption, SSO, dozens of OAuth providers and unlimited users, guests, channels, messages, searches and files. Users can set up Rocket.Chat on cloud or by hosting their own servers on-premises.
With more than 700 developer-contributors and over 17k stars on Github, Rocket.Chat has the largest and most active community of chat developers in the open source communication sector.
When you choose Rocket.Chat, you join a passionate community who help to grow the platform with us!
* Free Open Source Software
* Hassle free MIT license
* BYOS (bring your own server)
* Multiple Rooms
* Direct Messages
* Private Groups
* Public Channels
* Desktop and Mobile Notifications
* Edit and Delete Sent Messages
* Choose between 3 themes: Light, Dark, Black
* Sort conversations alphabetically or group by activity, unread or favourites
* Transcripts / History
* File Upload / Sharing
* I18n - [Internationalization with Lingohub]
* Hubot Friendly - [Hubot Integration Project]
* Media Embeds
* Link Previews
* LDAP Authentication
* REST-full APIs
* Remote Locations Video Monitoring
* Native Cross-Platform Desktop Application
GET IT NOW:
* Learn more and install: https://rocket.chat
* ONE-CLICK-DEPLOYMENT – See instructions on our GitHub repository: https://github.com/RocketChat
- Handle system/bots/private messages (messages that are temporary and only for you);
- Remove the defaults to open.rocket.chat on connect screen;
- Fixed a bug on uploading images with some specific size limitation on the settings;
- Fixed a problem with long channel names on the title view of the chat;
- Fixed a crash that rarely happened when tapping a invalid cell;
- Fixed a bug on clearing user's roles after going to the Members screen;
- Fixed a couple of random crashes during server changes;
- Fixed a couple of bugs on signup process;
Ratings and Reviews
The new UI sadly wastes a lot of space in the channel list due to big avatars and lots of padding - I wish there was an optional compact/condensed channel view similar to what the previous version looked like so I wouldn’t have to scroll so much. When you choose to “group by favorites” and also “group by type”, the favorites aren’t grouped by type. Apart from those issues, there have been a lot of improvements. Being able to pick an app icon and choose between themes is neat.
Thanks for the feedback harrybenson! The whole space you're seeing is because your server does not have the setting "Store Last Message" enabled. Please ask the administrator of your server the enabled here: Administration -> General -> Store Last Message. Then you'll start seeing the last message text filling the blank space. Thank you!
Not bad. Notifications broken again.
When the Version 3 update came I finally got push notifications working flawlessly. Since I’ve updated to the most recent versions notifications are broken again. This app is only as good as the notification system. I give it 4 stars because it’s a huge step forward in version 3. But with the broken notification system my team and I have resorted back to texts until they fix it.
The only issue and the biggest one that I have with this app is that it doesn’t notify me, or at least give me an option to be notified when in a specific chat room. I can miss so many messages and it can be frustrating going through all of those messages. Give us an option to choose if we want to be notified in a specific chat room, not only if we are tagged.
- Rocket.Chat Technologies Corp.
- 52.7 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Czech, French, German, Greek, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2018 Rocket.Chat Technologies Corp.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.