Learn Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin (and more) anytime and anywhere with Rocket Languages. Our courses are designed to minimize your time to become conversational while keeping it fun!
THE ROCKET SYSTEM
We use the key strategies that successful polyglots use to learn 5 or more languages.
1. Making the BEST USE of limited time: Rocket is designed so that you can learn at your own pace and in your own time.
2. Understanding EXACTLY how the language and culture works: You get in-depth, step by step instructions on how the language works (in English), as well as valuable cultural tips
3. REINFORCE what you learn so that it sticks forever: Our scientifically designed Testing algorithm re-displays words and phrases that you are weak on until they stick in your head like glue.
4. Practice SPEAKING and SOUNDING like a native: The Rocket system has several features that prompt you to speak out loud. A key plank to your success.
5. Maintain MOTIVATION and have fun while you learn: Rocket has been designed to include a whole range of activities and features that will keep you engaged, motivated, and on track.
• You can learn Spanish, French, Italian, German, Japanese, Mandarin Chinese, Arabic (Egyptian), Russian, Portuguese (Brazilian), Hindi, and Korean.
• Free sample courses are available in all languages (no ads!)
ROCKETS MAIN FEATURES
Each full level has:
• Over 60 hours of Interactive Audio lessons
• Over 60 hours of Language & Culture lessons
• Plenty of Writing lessons (script languages only)
• Voice Recognition that lets you perfect your pronunciation on the thousands of phrases in every course
• 24/7 lifetime access with free upgrades
• All of your progress is synchronized across all of your devices
* Fixes an issue with the video player
* Fixes an issue with the Quiz game where you wouldn't see your progress
Ratings and Reviews
Purchased levels 1, 2, 3.
Really like this product! The introductory video is all you need to get the ball rolling. You are comped a couple of modules for each of the 3 levels so you get hands on practice before you buy. Cool.
It has a nice instruction pattern where you:
1. Listen to the lesson and practice a little
1. Hear and repeat words/phrases from lesson
2. Hear and spell words/phrases
3. Read the English and translate to Spanish
4. A 5 question comprehension quiz follows
You recite the lesson four times, with progressively less clues, for each of the roles.
I started using the flash cards and like the way you can group them for review, especially the ones you keep missing. I like to go back after I have completed each lesson and solidify my knowledge of the new phrases.
There are a few hiccups with the voice recognition, to be sure, but it's great practice that helps build confidence.
BTW, you can't purchase levels 2 or 3 from the iPhone at this time, you need to go online. I got confused but the folks at Rocket helped me sort it out :-)
I have done over 10 languages with Pimsleur, but was really disappointed with their Spanish. I felt like it was too stylized; I hadn't heard anyone speak Spanish like that. I went through DuoLingo but wanted something more. For me Rocket is taking my Spanish to the next level.
Camino de Santiago here I come :-)
Jury still out
The most important aspect of a language program is whether or not it guides you towards learning a language. In perhaps 4-5 weeks of use, I feel Rocket Languages is accomplishing that goal.
I like the lesson variety. They typically begin with 20ish minute audio exchanges, followed by lessons involving listen and repeat using speech recognition, listen and write, read and speak, etc. Combining hearing, seeing, speaking, and writing at least for me help to reinforce the learning process.
By far the worst aspect of the app is the plethora of bugs. As mentioned in at least one other review, the speech recognition software often has difficulty understanding you and the problem worsens the longer you use the app for a given sitting. Often it reaches a point where the moment you press the microphone to speak you receive an immediate disclaimer that the app is sorry but it didn’t understand you, failing to provide any time whatsoever to actually attempt to speak. Deleting and reloading the app clears things up for a bit, but the problem always returns. It’s also not uncommon to see other bugs related to missing words, sentences, or translations as you work through a given lesson.
I’m making progress leaning Spanish, but the app issues certainly have hindered my progress to a degree, and that’s disappointing.
Good service, but problems with mobile app
I use Rocket through my local library. I signed up and have found the courses pretty interesting. It's much more focused on real speech/listening than DuoLingo, which gave me a good start in reading French but pretty poor listening/speaking skills.
I can't figure out where to report bugs but I'm having some pretty frustrating issues with the microphone. It gets into a bad state where it claims it can't hear anything, and all speaking lessons stop working. Force closing and restarting can sometimes work to wake it back up. But I can't even get through the quizzes at the end of the first lesson without hitting this. I don't have the same issue on the website, so I hope they fix this soon.
- Libros Media Limited
- 17.4 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Libros Media Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Rocket Spanish Premium: Level 1 $149.99
- Rocket Italian Premium: Level 1 $149.99
- Rocket French Premium: Level 1 $149.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.