By Rocket Matter, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Rocket Matter, the leading online legal time and billing software for small to mid-size law firms, now has an app! The Rocket Matter app puts your entire law practice in the palm of your hand, enabling you to manage your firm from anywhere.
Keep your calendar, contacts and billing information all in one place, backed up, secure and accessible wherever you go. Trusted by thousands of firms like yours, Rocket Matter makes life for lawyers a whole lot easier.
What Lawyers Are Saying
“Before switching to Rocket Matter, it would take us a day and a half to process our bills. Now, we get them out the door in 30 minutes.”
Jason L. Molder Molder Legal Group
“The Mac Lawyer has long found Rocket Matter to be the leading practice management program for law firms, including my own. It providers users the ability to quickly and efficiently manage their calendars, tasks, contacts, and time and billing.”
Ben Stevens The MacLawyer
- View and add contact data and calendar events, anytime from anywhere
- Initiate calls, e-mails, and Skype® conversations directly from your contacts
- Record billable activity as it occurs and assign it to a matter
- Access important client data “on the go”, including invoicing and trust account balances
- Stay current with synchronization of data entered offline
- Protect your data with enhanced security via user-defined passcodes
Here are some benefits lawyers enjoy from using the Rocket Matter app:
- Always have “on the spot” access to all your billing information
- Check your calendar at the courthouse and instantly schedule upcoming hearings, motions, conferences, depositions, and other important events
- Access to related contacts and custom field data, such as case numbers, in all your matters
- Use timers and convenient billing functionality to never again lose billable time associated with work you do between meetings, on the way back to the office, or on the spur of the moment
- Instantly attach expenses to matters right at the moment you incur them
- iPhone® (3GS, 4 or 4S & 5), iPod® touch with iOS® 5.0 and above, and iPad® (all versions)
- Rocket Matter subscription, including Username and Password
- Internet access required for some features
What's New in Version 1.6.0
Fixed critical bugs.
Great web software; limited utility app
I love Rocketmatter and can't imagine practicing without it. However, I could easily ditch this app. Right now it is not, in my opinion, fully functioning and is more of a limited viewer than an extension of RM. You can enter time, but when you search client matters to do so, the list only shows matter names, not client names. If matters are similarly named (estate planning documents) because the client is the distinguishing factor (T. Smith, etc) this isn't terribly useful. Additionally, the client matter screen is difficult to read since it is all in gray and the client names are very small.
Additionally, although you can enter a time entry, there is no field to "no charge" that entry so I have to go back and do it online. There is no access to tasks in the app and no way to edit contacts or calendar events. You cannot open new matters or send emails from contacts so to work from your iPhone, you still need to be relying on your calendar, contacts and tasks outside of RM.
RM is run by great people with continuous updates - I look forward to seeing this app updated.
Having iPad issues
This app is good enough to get me by when I'm on the road.
One thing that I've noticed, however, is that it doesn't seem to be allowing me to log in on my iPad. I can't get past the pin screen. The pin screen just stays there, no matter how many times I key in my pin code. It works well on my iPhone, just not on my iPad. Hope the debugging goes well.