Unleash your Chromecast with Rocket Video Cast. With Rocket you can browse the web and stream any web video on your Chromecast/Google Cast attached TV.
Rocket is also a fully featured file manager that allows you to store files to your iOS device. You can then view the stored files right on your device offline or transfer them to your computer, and of course you can cast your stored videos to your big screen, just copy them into the app using iTunes File Sharing.
- Cast videos from all major streaming video sites
- Cast from major file sharing sites
- Full featured web browser
- Start screen with the most frequent visited history entry's
- Open saved tabs on startup
- Real-time search in your browsing history, bookmarks and tabs
- Search engine integration in the Address bar
- Share URL's via Twitter, Mail
- Search in the website
- Passcode protected
- FTP Server to transfer files in and out of the app
- FIle Manager to organize your files in folders etc.
- Playlists and background audio
- Address bar search engine options (Google, Bing, DuckDuckGo, StartPage can be changed App Settings > Search Engine)
- Multi format video/audio player allows you to play almost any video and audio format without leaving the app (wmv, mpeg, mpeg1, mpeg2, mpeg4, 3gp, sf, avi, divx, dv, gxf, m2p, m2ts, m2v, m4v, mkv, moov, mov, mp4, mpg, mpv, mt2s, mts, mxf, ogm, ogv, ps, qt, ts, vob, webm, wm, mp3, m4a, wma).
- Extract audio from mp4 files (convert to mp3)
- Cast your Rocket playlist for files in the app
..and lots lots more.
Supported format for Chromecast include mp4, m4v, m3u8, hls, and live streams are supported.
IMPORTANT NOTES, PLEASE READ BEFORE PURCHASING:
Flash video, iTunes purchased videos, Silverlight and other DRM protected videos like Amazon Instant Videos, HBO now, Hulu, Netflix are not supported!
This app is not affiliated with Google or one of its products or trademarks and is developed independently.
Fixed issue where segments were being ordered incorrectly.
Thank you for your continued support while we fixed bugs. If you enjoy the app please take a moment to rate in the App Store.
Ratings and Reviews
Still the only cast app that lets me cast live video
While it does crash and so on, it’s still the only app that lets me cast live video at the moment. Just noticed you made a new version just a few minutes ago, so I’m glad to see you’re still working on improving this app. If there’s anything you can do to fix the crashing or stalling it would be much appreciated. I’m sure if it was that easy, you’d do it, so I appreciate what you’ve done to this point.
The Best Offline Downloader
I don’t write reviews often, but I use this app more than any other app on my iOS devices, and I hardly ever run into any real problems. It’s easy to reach their tech support if you need to. I would give this app 10 stars or more if I could.
I use this app daily. I don't have home internet connection so I depend o this app for offline viewing. I like it because it's easy and dependable.
Great app, thanks
One of the best app to cast web video to Chromecast. It is not user friendly but once I figure how it work. It works well.
Special unique Features that I tried and worked:
1. Mkv videos, which I don’t think there is another casting app out there that could do that. Well done! Thanks developer.
2. Ability to save video file from web. Again, hard to find app that does it.
Suggestion to developer:
1. Multiple downloads would be great enhancement.
2. A more enhance file management system like about to transfer video files from other apps. I tried when using an app for example, file hue, I select a video file, then select open with Rocket, the file is not copied over. If that is can be done then this app is definitely a 5 stars app.
- Omar Mody
- 49.7 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © Gplex
- In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to Rocket Pro Free
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.