Rocket Video Cast for Roku - Stream Movies to TV
By Omar Mody
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Unleash your Roku device with Roku Rocket Video Cast. With Roku Rocket you can browse the web and stream any web video on your Roku attached TV, and you can even store those videos and cast them later.
The app currently works with following: Roku 4, Roku Streaming Stick, Roku 3, Roku HD (2500) or Roku LT (2400+2450) Player!
[Roku 1 and 2 not supported]
Rocket is also a fully featured file manager that allows you to store files to your iOS device. You can then view/play the stored files right on your device offline or transfer them to your computer, and of course you can cast your stored videos to your big screen.
- Cast videos from all major streaming video sites
- Cast from major file sharing sites
- Full featured web browser
- Start screen with the most frequent visited history entry's
- Open saved tabs on startup
- Real-time search in your browsing history, bookmarks and tabs
- Search engine integration in the Address bar
- Share URL's via Twitter, Mail
- Search in the website
- Passcode protected
- HTTP Server to transfer files in and out of the app
- Download Manager
- FIle Manager to organize your files in folders etc.
- Address bar search engine options (Google, Bing, DuckDuckGo, StartPage can be changed App Settings > Search Engine)
- (NEW!)Multi format video/audio player allows you to play almost any video and audio format without leaving the app (wmv, mpeg, mpeg1, mpeg2, mpeg4, 3gp, sf, avi, divx, dv, gxf, m2p, m2ts, m2v, m4v, mkv, moov, mov, mp4, mpg, mpv, mt2s, mts, mxf, ogm, ogv, ps, qt, ts, vob, webm, wm, mp3, m4a, wma).
- (NEW!) Extract audio from mp4 files (convert to mp3)
- (NEW!) File Manager - create folders/organize/move files/etc.
..and lots lots more.
Supported format for Roku include mp4, m4v, m3u8, hls, and live streams are supported.
IMPORTANT NOTES, PLEASE READ BEFORE PURCHASING:
This app currently does NOT support Flash, Silverlight and iTunes purchased movies and other DRM protected videos like HBO now, Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Instant Videos.
This app is not affiliated with Roku or one of its products and produced independently.
What's New in Version 3.2
Thanks for all your patience while we addressed the bugs. Keep us posted if you run into additional issues and thank you for your continued support. Enjoy!
Please remember your 5-star app reviews are very much appreciated.
Should be required for roku
This app works the way you want it to. I use it to stream live HD racing from both my phone and iPad. The picture on my TV is always as good as my friends with cable or satellite, sometimes it's even better. The app support is amazing. I had a couple of bugs at first and then again recently when I got a new phone, but the app support was fast in a response and it fixed the bugs. If you have a roku this is the app you want for casting.
I absolutely love this app. It works amazing, and you can still use you ipad/iPhone while you're watching a show on the TV. Flawless! I do wish that the iPad/iPhone didn't have to be on wifi, though. I prefer to use my phone's data.
This app really is a five star app. It does what they promise flawlessly. The only way it could be better is if it air played anything on the screen or desktop rather than just in the browser. Risk a buck. It's worth it.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 16, 2016
- Version: 3.2
- Size: 51.6 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Omar Mody
- © Gplex 2016
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to Rocket ProFree