Rocket Video for Google Cast and Chromecast to TV
By Omar Mody
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Unleash your Chromecast with Rocket Video Cast. With Rocket you can browse the web and stream any web video on your Chromecast attached TV, and you can even store those videos and cast them later.
Rocket is also a fully featured file manager that allows you to store files to your iOS device. You can then view/play the stored files right on your device offline or transfer them to your computer, and of course you can cast your stored videos to your big screen.
- Cast videos from all major streaming video sites
- Cast from major file sharing sites
- Full featured web browser
- Start screen with the most frequent visited history entry's
- Open saved tabs on startup
- Real-time search in your browsing history, bookmarks and tabs
- Search engine integration in the Address bar
- Share URL's via Twitter, Mail
- Search in the website
- Passcode protected
- FTP Server to transfer files in and out of the app
- Download Manager
- FIle Manager to organize your files in folders etc.
- Playlists and background audio
- Address bar search engine options (Google, Bing, DuckDuckGo, StartPage can be changed App Settings > Search Engine)
- Multi format video/audio player allows you to play almost any video and audio format without leaving the app (wmv, mpeg, mpeg1, mpeg2, mpeg4, 3gp, sf, avi, divx, dv, gxf, m2p, m2ts, m2v, m4v, mkv, moov, mov, mp4, mpg, mpv, mt2s, mts, mxf, ogm, ogv, ps, qt, ts, vob, webm, wm, mp3, m4a, wma).
- Extract audio from mp4 files (convert to mp3)
- File Manager - create folders/organize/move files/etc.
..and lots lots more.
- (NEW!) Cast your Rocket playlist for files in the app
- (NEW!) Download m3u8
Supported format for Chromecast include mp4, m4v, m3u8, hls, and live streams are supported.
IMPORTANT NOTES, PLEASE READ BEFORE PURCHASING:
Flash video, iTunes purchased videos, Silverlight and other DRM protected videos like Amazon Instant Videos, HBO now, Hulu, Netflix are not supported!
This app is not affiliated with Google or one of its products or trademarks and is developed independently.
What's New in Version 3.2
We have made some performance improvements to the app. Thanks for all your patience while we fixed bugs and made the app more robust. Keep us posted if you run into additional issues and thank you for your continued support. Enjoy!
(NEW) - Proxy headers option added to App Settings (on by default). To restore previous functionality set to Off if needed.
DO NOT GET
This app is garbage. It lags. It freezes. It boots you off frequently and then you have to start an entire movie over but then because it's so touchy, that's a challenge itself. You would think that when casting a more legit website, it would work even a LITTLE bit better. But no. It just flat out does not work for legit websites. So if you want subpar quality that becomes more frustrating than useful, stick to the pirated websites. If you want absolutely nothing, try real websites! What a joke. Don't waste your money.
Sorting and firestick
An option to sort files by more than just title. Date downloaded. File type. The simple things. And I wish it worked with firestick as well. There is a rocket firestick app, but I don't want separate apps. Other than that it works well for chromecast.
Loved the app always, 5 stars truly but...
The latest app update prevents casting almost 90% of the time, either leading to crashing or the app being unable to stream the video or cast it at all, the screen just goes black whether casted or not and the playback time automatically lapses to 0 when casted. I love this app and it's helped me greatly. PLEASE. FIX THIS.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jan 09, 2017
- Version: 3.2
- Size: 48.5 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Omar Mody
- © Gplex
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to Rocket ProFree