Rocks & Gems
By EasyStreet Apps
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Quick reference guide for rock hounds to identify and learn about the rocks, gems, and minerals that they are looking to collect. Designed for easy use and fast response without information overload.
This App gives you information and pictures of the most common types of samples collected, such as Garnets, Agates, Geodes. It is not cluttered with information about samples that rock hounds are not interested in. Who is looking for Allanite or Manganbabingtonite?
Features of this App:
- View information and pictures of the most common collected rocks, gems, and minerals.
- Search by name and information to narrow your results to view.
- Add your own using pictures from your Photo Library. Enter name and description of your new addition and assign pictures from your Photo Library for the Icon and Pics pages. Once the pics are added from your Photo Library, they can be deleted, as the picture information is stored in the App.
- Submit your additions, so they may be included in future versions of this App. Share your knowledge with others.
- Tips section gives information about collecting as well as App specific information.
- Full screen pictures viewable in Landscape or Portrait mode.
- No internet connection needed. All data stored locally, so there is no delay in sorting or viewing.
- Compatible with iPod Touch
If you have an iPhone, you may be interested in the app "RockHound", which contains GPS data of collection sites and what you will find there, along with this module for identification. The RockHound app will not work on the iPod Touch, since the GPS data is critical for its use.
What's New in Version 1.7
User supplied samples added giving you over 70 Rocks and Gems with Pictures and Descriptions. Rocks & Gems gives you the samples that collectors are looking for with the ability to add your own and share with others.
Coolest app ever!!
I'm 8 years old and I love to collect rocks. Number 1 app ever. Buy It
Very handy app for any geology lab class
Very handy app for high school earth science and college geology lab class. However, it's not as good as the Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Rocks and MInerals handbook.
Not even worth a dollar, very limited information, poor quality Information. Here is an actual quote from the App, “Iron is the most abundant element in the planet you on, and iron is at the heart of civilization, too". Ha ha seriously.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Apr 25, 2011
- Version: 1.7
- Size: 20.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Jim Fredrick
- © 2010 EasyStreet Apps
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.