Rocky Isle Free - A new twist on Sudoku!
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Experience the number-based puzzle game that is as visually stunning as an arcade adventure yet challenging like the hardest available Sudoku puzzles! Download Rocky Isle & play through dozens of puzzles across nine varying difficulty levels!
Rocky Isle is a genuinely addictive grid-based numeric challenge in the spirit of classic titles such as Sudoku. Puzzles come in the form of grids which are further sectioned off into separate regions, all designed to take on the look of tropical islands. The player’s mission in the game is simple: place a hill onto every square of each island on any given level, utilizing up to seven differently sized hills to do so. What looks deceptively simple can be a daunting task, a mentally engaging puzzle juggernaut.
Important: please do not give one star feedback if you find a problem. Instead, report it to firstname.lastname@example.org. If problems are found, we promise to create an update in a timely manner.
A Unique Mobile Puzzle:
• The free version of Rocky Isle includes dozens puzzles spread over 9 difficulty levels and the full version has more than 5000 puzzles. The diverse range of included difficulties ensures that the game is accessible to novice players yet appealing to even the most advanced puzzle solving experts. As an ultimate challenge, we include some puzzles which have never been solved by human hands before! We verified that a unique solution exists, but we have no idea how to solve them. Send us email if you succeed!
• Furthermore, with smaller grid sizes – the game’s most difficult puzzles appear on 6x6 grids, unlike Sudoku’s normal 9x9 format – Rocky Isle is perfectly suited for gaming on small iPhone and iPod Touch screens. An iPad optimized version of Rocky Isle featuring board rotation features is available too!
The Rocky Isle Challenge:
Every empty square on each island corresponds to only one hill size. The number of squares a given island is comprised of dictates which sized hills must be used.
• For example: If an island takes up 3 squares on the grid, it must have a size 1 hill, a size 2 hill, and a size 3 hill on it. An island that takes up 4 squares must have hills sized 1 to 4 on it.
No islands can be populated with more than one of each hill size, and same sized hills appearing in the same row or column on the grid must be spaced apart by the at least same number of squares as their corresponding size values.
• For example: If two size 3 hills appear in the same row or column, they must be placed at least 3 squares apart from one another.
• dozens unique computer-generated puzzles
• upgrade to the full version and get more than 5000 puzzles
• 2 game display modes: Tropical Island Theme & Basic Numeric Grid
• 9 unique difficulty levels ranging from easy to extremely hard
• plus some “level 10” puzzles without known solution path
• “Harder than Print” numeric puzzle difficulties not found anywhere else
• Rocky Isle is also known as Hakyuu (波及効果), Ripple Effect or Seismic
Rocky Isle is a Pözzal puzzle developed by Hansruedi Heeb. Visit our web site at www.pozzal.com.
Good concept, but needs improvement
I love "ripple effect" Sudoku, and this was all I could find in the app store. The game works fine, but the graphics are so low quality and tiny (the peaks) that it makes game play difficult. It is too hard to distinguish between the peaks. Needs more detail and contrast between the peaks. But fortunately you can toggle the peak graphics off and just use numbers. Also, it does not take advantage of the larger screen space on an iPad. Game play area is about 1/4 the screen, so the rest of the iPad screen is wasted. You cannot even zoom in. Good concept and the game does work, but the developers need to rethink the graphics and functionality for the iPad. I am not giving up on the game and will watch for updates, hoping for some improvement. I hope I can come back someday and give a better review.
- Category: Games
- Released: Dec 14, 2011
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 2.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: HoboSoft GmbH
- © HoboSoft GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.