Rocky Top Trail
By Designsensory, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get to know the spirit of Appalachia on the Rocky Top Trail when you explore the culture, history and beauty of this region through its world-class attractions and “best-kept secrets” spots outside the city. Explore all that Knoxville has to offer, but don't stop there. Use this app to discover the hidden gems that surround Knoxville and the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Customize your trail experience and share your journey with friends.
Let this app be your guide to more than 130 points of interest along Rocky Top Trail. Filter points of Interest by interest category or "favorite" and reorder points of interest to fit your schedule and travel plans. Search points of interest nearest to you or find upcoming events along the trail. With the Rocky Top app and a customized trail experience in the palm of your hand, it's time hit the trail!
• View points of interest as a list, tiles or in a map
• "Favorite" points of interest to create a custom trail itinerary
• Share points of interest on Facebook, check in to points of interest or upload a photo
• View points of interest by category and see how many points of interest are included in each category
• Filter points of interest by interest category including What's Nearby, Food & Wine, Nature & Outdoors, Attractions, Sports & Rec, Civil War, History & Heritage, Agritourism or Music & Arts.
• View "Did You Knows?" along the trail for interesting facts about the trail's points of interest
• Click on a point of interest to read a full description, view photos and find contact information
• Find events along the trail throughout the year
• Click on the trail playlist to enjoy trail-related tunes
About Rocky Top Trail
Rocky Top, a Discover Tennessee Trails and Byways Initiative, follows the path of early American settlers along 282 miles of historic sites and preserved homes, natural attractions and craft communities. Enjoy southern cuisine and East Tennessee’s amazing stories from the 1700s to the Civil War and early 20th century mountain life. Explore points from start to finish, or choose off-trail attractions to see a different side of Tennessee. Find the best of Tennessee’s Appalachian spirit along the Rocky Top: Smoky Peaks to Crafts & Creeks Trail.
Rocky Top takes you through the breathtaking scenery of Great Smoky Mountains National Park and the East Tennessee Crossing National Scenic Byway, stopping in small towns along the way, including Gatlinburg, Newport, Pittman Center, Dandridge, Seymore, Pigeon Forge, Sevierville, Townsend, Knoxville, Friendsville, Lenore City, Loudon and the Maryville area.
What's New in Version 2.01
Updated load speed.
Additional location images.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Jul 15, 2014
- Version: 2.01
- Size: 18.4 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Designsensory, Inc.
- © 2014 Designsensory, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.