This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Rodent's Revenge is a fast-paced puzzle game based on the 1991 version of Rodent's Revenge. Now you can play this classic on your iOS device and compete against other players all around the world!
As a lone mouse in a square world of cats, traps, holes, yarn, and other obstacles, the odds are pitted against you. Using only your wits and immense mouse strength, you must trap the cats using the blocks on the map to turn them in to cheese.
- Game Center functionality to compare your scores against other players.
- Infinite levels with the ability to select where you start.
- Multiple speed levels for those who like slow, fast, or somewhere in-between.
Rodent's Revenge App Features:
- iPhone, iPod touch, iPad compatible
- Game Center enabled
- Graphics designed for Retina displays - no fuzziness
- Available for iOS 4.3+
- Engineered to work perfectly with iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch, iPad, iPad 2, the new iPad, and the iPad mini
What's New in Version 1.0.1
- Fixed menu text issue when setting control scheme and speed.
- Fixed an issue causing the game to pause at the start of a new game.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when hitting a mouse trap.
- Fixed a crash that could occur after attempting to load the leaderboard when not logged in after manually selecting a level.
Not like the original
There is a lot that is disappointing. For 1. Every time you load the app, you choose your level. There is no option for continuing where you left off, even if you stop briefly to respond to a text. (You also have to change your "options" every time you load the app, as these do not save (i.e. tracking pad and speed.)) Highly annoying.
2. As previously stated by others, you cannot go diagonally on this version which really puts the mouse at an unfair disadvantage, as the cats move diagonally. The original "rodents revenge" allows diagonal movements.
3. The worst part is that to get quickly from one end of the screen to another, you must tap the arrow rapidly, instead of just holding the arrow in like on the keyboard and jetting across the screen. Even when doing this as fast as possible, the mouse is not nearly as fast as when played on the old packard bell; in comparison the movements of the mouse are awkward and hard to get the hang of.
These things make the game hard to enjoy; this app is just a teaser for the real thing. But change these things and it will get 5 stars.
Need to have a diagonal button.
This is very much like the original. The only problem is the controls. In the original you could Move diagonal and it helped with trapping cats and collecting cheese which is what give you a higher score. Other than that well done.
I have been trying to remember the name of this game for years and finally, the other day, I thought "what can google tell me?" They told me correctly. Then, I typed it in here. I now have Rodent's Revenge! There are only two things I dislike; the jabbing of the d-pad and that it doesn't up your level upon victory. However, still a great rendition. A few more updates and it will be a nostalgic masterpiece!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jan 14, 2013
- Version: 1.0.1
- Size: 0.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: GearSprout LLC
- © Gearsprout, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.