Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Rogue Touch is based on the classic dungeon crawler Rogue. This famous turn based adventure-RPG has been re-designed from the ground up for easy touch screen gaming, no crazy keyboard commands or dozens of hard to learn gestures here! Rogue Touch is so simple a child can play, but still offers deeply strategic gameplay and literally hundreds of hours of fun and replay value!
Your mission is simple: Explore the Dungeons of Doom while trying to retrieve the Amulet of Yendor... Descend into the depths, find and identify strange and powerful items... Learn how to use your pack full of equipment effectively against increasingly dangerous monsters. Few have made it out alive with the Amulet. Do you have what it takes?
If you liked games such as Torneko / トルネコ / Taloon or Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer (Chunsoft) you have to play Rogue Touch! (Rogue is the great-grandfather of these games and spawned an entire genre of "roguelikes" over nearly 30 years).
"Rogue Touch is really a dream-come-true for fans of the genre. It's an impressive adaptation of a true classic." - Blake Patterson, TouchArcade.com
"You won’t find a better version of Rogue on the iPhone" - Eric March, Frapstr.com
"Rogue Touch is now easily the definitive Rogue app for the iPhone/Touch platform. Buy this game now if you haven’t already" - Swain Valasek, iphoneappreviews.net
"For a great and fun dungeon crawl that plays out like an old D&D solo adventure, Rogue Touch is the only way to go! " - Bob, appversity.com
100% Anti-Krapps certified! - Krapps.com
Rogue Touch features:
- Random dungeon layouts and items: no two games are ever the same!
- Graphical, animated actions, special monster attacks, traps, and more.
- Ambient background dungeon sounds, or play your own iPod music while gaming.
- Auto-mapping feature with map overlay (including locations of doors, stairs, monsters and items)!
- Streamlined inventory-item-action system for simple touch gameplay. Read scrolls, Drink potions (or throw them at your enemies!) and much more with a clear, simple interface.
- Movement/Attacking is handled with classic touch control or a virtual D-Pad for single handed gaming on the go.
- Dedicated on-screen buttons for both "resting" to heal your character, and "searching" to find traps and secret doors.
- Auto save system records your progress upon exiting the game so you can resume exactly where you left off next time you play.
- All of the monsters and items as seen in the Rogue ports of the mid 1980s, plus *many* new items!
- Secret characters to discover and play as, with powerful special equipment and abilities!
- Online Leaderboards with many ranking categories and statistics! View your rank at: BestRogues.ChronoSoft.com
See the video at our website below, or view it on YouTube:
Don't forget to follow us at http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft and visit our forums for info on our next great RPG adventure: Spirit Hunter Mineko! Coming soon... thanks for your support everyone!
New rogues- please read: All settings are available in the "Settings App". That's the icon with the little gears on your home screen. From there you can turn off our music and SFX to enable audio playback, D-pad controls, and more. Enjoy :)
What's New in Version 1.70
* Updated to correctly support iOS 7 interface elements
* Added support for 4" tall displays, including the iPhone 5, 5c, 5s, and 5th generation iPod Touch!
A completely new and beautiful re-imagining of Rogue Touch is coming soon, to be released at a very special date! Spirit Hunter Mineko is also back in production, with a vengenace! Expect great things from her coming in 2014...
Just as fun as the original was 25+ years ago!
With more enjoyable graphics than the original, the gameplay itself feels identical. I wish there were a way to save and make copies of games, in order to cheat death, or maybe have some sort of "hardcore"/"easy" system, where you could respawn on lev 1 with no equipment after dying, or something. I know that would differ from the original, but I think having different modes like that would add to the playability of the game for a lot of people. Anyway, *love* the job they've done with this app, and happy that they're still supporting and updating it, years after I got it. Easily 5 of 5 stars. :)
Just like the original, only better! And just as addictive. Just an update. This is STILL the one and only game that I keep playing and playing and playing. Perhaps because it is so quick and simple, when I am waiting at the doctor’s or for a bus, or train, or anything. I don’t have to remember what I was doing last time I played and it automatically saves. I have to get a new phone (mine is a 3GS still) but this will definitely move to the new one!!
⭐️Must Play!! ⭐️
I've played Rogue and Nethack on a couple of other platforms but stopped enjoying it after a short while. But I cannot put this game down! Every time I die (frickin' trolls!!), I go right back in! I think I'm starting to get the hang of it after about a week and made it down to level 19. Must find the amulet...