RoByte is a simple and easy to use Roku remote control that works with your Roku Player or Roku TV.
• No setup is required. RoByte automatically scans your network to find your Roku.
• Easily change channels with one tap
• Adjust volume of your Roku or Roku TV
• Use your keyboard for quick text entry for channels like Netflix or Hulu
• RoByte is designed for iPhone as well as iPad
• Easily navigate without looking at your phone using the touchpad
• RoByte pairs with multiple Roku players.
RoByte Free features:
• Roku remote control
• Play/pause, fast forward, rewind
• Pair with multiple Roku devices
RoByte Premium features:
• Channel Switcher
• Volume Control
• Keyboard & Voice Search
• Most problems connecting to your Roku can be resolved by simply reinstalling RoByte.
• RoByte can only connect if you are on the same wifi network as your Roku device.
In order for RoByte to talk to your Roku, the following must be true:
1. Your Roku must be connected to your home's wifi network.
2. Your iPhone or iPad's wifi must be turned on and connected to the same network as the Roku.
In most cases, RoByte will automatically scan and find your Roku device but there is a small case where if you have a more complicated setup, you may need to manually enter your Roku's IP address to connect.
If you're still unable to connect to your Roku, theres a good chance there's an issue somewhere within your network. Most common cases are Roku devices getting disconnected from your home wifi if it gets unplugged. You can also try reinstalling RoByte to do a fresh scan. Shoot us an email if you're still having trouble.
Email Support: email@example.com
Handcrafted by two brothers in San Francisco & Illinois. We call ourselves TinyByte Apps.
Fix issues with the volume control.
Ratings and Reviews
Why do I have to pay to change the volume
One of the main features of a remote is changing the volume. My Roku remote recently broke so I had to download this app and I discovered that many options that came with the remote I got with the TV are are locked behind a pay wall in this app. It is ridiculous to me that a app as simple as a remote substitute requires you to pay actual money to change the volume! I have paid Roku enough money by buying the smart TV I don't want to have to pay them more money to change the volume on my channel. As we become more and more attached to the digital world we have to stand up to anti-consumer things like this! I wish I could uninstall this app but I am forced to use it
Better than the other substitute remotes!!
Love this app which I stated using for a substitute when my Roku tv remote broke. Now it's just a habit and it's just easier to locate your phone/tablet over searching for a lost remote! Works better than other apps I have tried which lag and have ads. The only con is that sometimes I have to close out of the app and go back into it so that my tv registers the commands. Other than that, definitely recommend!
I got this app after I accidentally put my remote in the wash with all my throw blankets from the couch. It really works! I bought the upgraded version for $4 because the free one was kind of limited and $4 isn’t much to pay for a functional remote. The only problem I have is that I can’t turn my tv on or off with it, I have to use the button on the back of the tv for that. Besides that, it’s perfect! Definitely worth it.
- TinyByte Apps
- 12.2 MB
- Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 TinyByte Apps
- In-App Purchases
- RoByte Premium $3.99
- premium feature: Volume+Swipe $1.99
- premium feature: Keyboard $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.