By ROKU INC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The free Roku iOS application allows you to:
· Control your Roku player or Roku TV from your mobile device.
· Use Roku Search with your mobile device. See what’s on, where you can watch it for free, with a subscription, or how much the different channels charge to rent or buy.
· Use your voice to search for movies, TV shows, actors, and directors as well as for streaming channels by name.
· Follow movies, TV shows, and actors in Roku Search and get updates when new content is ready to stream – on what channel and at what price.
· Browse, add, and rate Channels from more than 2,500 streaming channels offered in the Roku Channel Store.*
· Quickly launch your favorite Roku Channels on your Roku player or Roku TV from your mobile device.
· Enter text in your Roku player on-screen interface using your device's keyboard instead of the included remote.
· Name and switch between multiple Roku players and Roku TVs.
· Enjoy your iPhone’s photos, music, and video on your Roku player or Roku TV using the “Play on Roku” feature (Supported on Roku 3, Roku 2, Roku LT, Roku HD (model 2500), Roku TV, and Roku Streaming Stick).
* Subscription or other payment may be required to access certain channel content. Channel availability subject to change and not all content is available in the countries in which Roku devices are sold.
THIS APP REQUIRES A ROKU PLAYER OR ROKU TV
To use this app, you must connect your iOS device to the same network as your Roku player or Roku TV. Certain features require compatible Roku players/Roku TVs or may require logging in to your Roku account.
HAVING TROUBLE FINDING YOUR ROKU PLAYER OR ROKU TV?
Note: If the app does not display your Roku player or Roku TV when starting your app for the first time, try going to network setup again on your Roku player or Roku TV. This will wake your Roku player or Roku TV on your home network. Then, restart the Roku app.
· Roku Search is available when your connected Roku player or Roku TV supports this functionality.
· Searching by voice is available in English in the US and Canada only and elsewhere when updates make voice search available.
· The Roku app is available in English language only in Mexico.
Go to support.roku.com for FAQs or to get help.
What's New in Version 3.5.1
Introducing Private Listening for the new Roku® Streaming Stick® (3600R)
Use your own headphones with your iOS smartphone or tablet to listen to the content playing on your Streaming Stick. Get lost in streaming entertainment while keeping things quiet for everyone around you. Connect your new Roku Streaming Stick to the Roku Mobile App, and then watch what you want, when you want, as loud as you want. It even supports most Bluetooth headphones and speakers!
Works great as long as the Wi-Fi is strong
This app does everything that it is designed to do and does so with elegance, simplicity, and effectiveness… As long as the Wi-Fi is strong.
My first attempt to use this app was met with frustration because I attempted to install the Roku stick on the TV in our back bedroom. Because the Wi-Fi was not strong enough, the entire unit acted strangely and unpredictably even though it said it had a strong signal. However, once I put it on our front room TV, right next to the Wi-Fi hotspot, everything worked great.
Great, functional app
This app works well with the Roku. It's convenient to have everything on an app instead of relying on the remote. Oh Lord how hard it is to just keep track of the remote instead of just using your phone. Thankfully, I can lose the remote and it doesn't even matter.
Great app, use it all the time. Two suggestions
Great app, love it. Use all the time. 2 improvements 1. It would be good to have vibrate sensation when I tap on any keys in the remote. This give me an indication that my tap worked. 2. Why don't you have private listening for roku3 customer? Please bring this feature, will be great to have it.