By ROKU INC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The free Roku iOS application allows you to:
· Control your Roku player or Roku TV from your mobile device.
· Use Roku Search with your mobile device. See what’s on, where you can watch it for free, with a subscription, or how much the different channels charge to rent or buy.
· Use your voice to search for movies, TV shows, actors, and directors as well as for streaming channels by name.
· Follow movies, TV shows, and actors in Roku Search and get updates when new content is ready to stream – on what channel and at what price.
· Browse, add, and rate Channels from more than 2,500 streaming channels offered in the Roku Channel Store.*
· Quickly launch your favorite Roku Channels on your Roku player or Roku TV from your mobile device.
· Enter text in your Roku player on-screen interface using your device's keyboard instead of the included remote.
· Name and switch between multiple Roku players and Roku TVs.
· Enjoy your iPhone’s photos, music, and video on your Roku player or Roku TV using the “Play on Roku” feature (Supported on Roku 3, Roku 2, Roku LT, Roku HD (model 2500), Roku TV, and Roku Streaming Stick).
* Subscription or other payment may be required to access certain channel content. Channel availability subject to change and not all content is available in the countries in which Roku devices are sold.
THIS APP REQUIRES A ROKU PLAYER OR ROKU TV
To use this app, you must connect your iOS device to the same network as your Roku player or Roku TV. Certain features require compatible Roku players/Roku TVs or may require logging in to your Roku account.
HAVING TROUBLE FINDING YOUR ROKU PLAYER OR ROKU TV?
Note: If the app does not display your Roku player or Roku TV when starting your app for the first time, try going to network setup again on your Roku player or Roku TV. This will wake your Roku player or Roku TV on your home network. Then, restart the Roku app.
· Roku Search is available when your connected Roku player or Roku TV supports this functionality.
· Searching by voice is available in English in the US and Canada only and elsewhere when updates make voice search available.
· The Roku app is available in English language only in Mexico.
Go to support.roku.com for FAQs or to get help.
What's New in Version 3.3.1
1. Create a screensaver for your Roku player using photos from your mobile devices (Available with Roku 4 only).
2. Support for iCloud photos in Play on Roku photo and Mobile Screensaver.
3. Find My Remote feature (Available with Roku 4 only).
4. Stability and performance improvements.
Great app, save for the last update.
The app used to default to the remote before the most recent update. The whole point of having this app is that the remote that came with our Roku 3 died (disappointing) and we needed a replacement remote. We barely if ever use the other features, and are constantly using the remote. Please update with an option to choose "default to remote on app launch" or something like that. I would adjust the rating to 5 stars if that happened. Thanks.
I really enjoy this remote because I can control the television set from across the room with very little problems. I usually have my phone handy and this makes it easier to control the television than trying to find the remote. In fact I can change the show from almost any room in the house.
Have it on both ipad and iPhone so I can virtually never lose my "remote". WAY more convenient to type searches than the stupid old hunt and peck method. Also fun to play with "Play on Roku" features. DRM protected songs won't play but you can show pics to your group via your tv. A little setup and dicking around but worth it. Who needs Apple TV anymore?