By ROKU INC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The free Roku iOS application allows you to:
· Control your Roku player or Roku TV from your mobile device.
· Use Roku Search with your mobile device. See what’s on, where you can watch it for free, with a subscription, or how much the different channels charge to rent or buy.
· Use your voice to search for movies, TV shows, actors, and directors as well as for streaming channels by name.
· Follow "Movies Coming Soon” within My Feed and get updates when new movies are ready to stream – on what channel and at what price.
· Browse, add, and rate Channels from more than 2,000 streaming channels offered in the Roku Channel Store.*
· Quickly launch your favorite Roku Channels on your Roku player or Roku TV from your mobile device.
· Enter text in your Roku player on-screen interface using your device's keyboard instead of the included remote.
· Name and switch between multiple Roku players and Roku TVs.
· Enjoy your iPhone’s photos, music, and video on your Roku player or Roku TV using the “Play on Roku” feature (Supported on Roku 3, Roku 2, Roku LT, Roku HD (model 2500), Roku TV, and Roku Streaming Stick).
* Subscription or other payment may be required to access certain channel content. Channel availability subject to change and not all content is available in the countries in which Roku devices are sold.
THIS APP REQUIRES A ROKU PLAYER OR ROKU TV
To use this app, you must connect your iOS device to the same network as your Roku player or Roku TV. Certain features require compatible Roku players/Roku TVs or may require logging in to your Roku account.
HAVING TROUBLE FINDING YOUR ROKU PLAYER OR ROKU TV?
Note: If the app does not recognize your Roku player or Roku TV (you see a “No Roku Devices Found” message after you sign in), try going to network setup again on your Roku player or Roku TV. This will wake your Roku player or Roku TV on your home network. Then, select “Try Again” in the Roku app.
· Roku Search is available when your connected Roku player or Roku TV supports this functionality.
· Searching by voice is available in English in the US and Canada only and elsewhere when updates make voice search available.
Go to support.roku.com for FAQs or to get help.
What's New in Version 3.2.0
This update features improvements to the Roku mobile experience, including:
· Use your voice to search for movies, TV shows, actors, and directors. Voice search is currently available in the English language in US and Canada. Additional languages will be made available in subsequent updates.
· Follow "Movies Coming Soon” within My Feed and get updates when new movies are ready to stream.
· A number of bug fixes.
The solution to the always missing remote!
How many times have you lost the remotes to the devices you need? If you are like me and my family it's at least once a week. You cannot find it. Kids screaming wanting to watch tv and you have searched everywhere for that little bitty remote and it's just GONE! That is why I got this app and I love it!! It connects easily and works easier than the remote that came with the roku. I love the keyboard instead of having to select one letter at a time when you want to search for a show or app!! Save your sanity and download this app.
Very good, fast, easy to use.
It was easy to install, easy to use interface, app keyboard much faster to use than the Roku remote "typing" interface. Easier to hold phone than remote, no stuck buttons, larger buttons, too.
It does drop the connection to the Roku box occasionally but that's about the same as my remote. Probably signal interference from other tenants in my building, many of whom are disabled and stuck at home watching TV. Ultra small apts. plus lots of remotes makes that likely.
Overall I like it enough to use it instead of the remote most of the time.
Just what I needed
So, my kids lost one of the remotes to one of our 2 Rokus. They looked for a grand total of 7 minutes before declaring it lost to the netherworld. 4 minutes later they suggested I just buy a new one. That's not how I work. You lose it and "I" have to pay for a replacement? No. So, now I have my very own remote on my phone, I have my very own Roku since they can't use it, and now they have to share a small tv in the back of the house.
I should have lost that remote a long time ago. This is the best app ever.