By ROKU INC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The Roku® mobile app is a free iOS application that turns your mobile device into the ultimate streaming companion for Roku streaming players and Roku TVs.
To use the Roku mobile app, you must connect your phone or tablet to the same wireless network as your Roku device. Certain features require a compatible Roku device, and may require logging in to your Roku account.
Complement your Roku streaming experience and use the Roku mobile app to:
• Use your phone or tablet as a remote control for your Roku device
• Browse a hand-picked selection of great movies and TV shows using What’s On
• Use your voice or mobile keyboard to search for movies, TV shows, actors and directors
• Launch your favorite channels directly from your mobile device
• Add channels and games from the Roku Channel Store
• Listen to audio from streaming movies or shows, or local antenna TV, through your headphones with Private listening
• Cast videos, photos, and music to your TV using Play on Roku
• Use your mobile keyboard to enter text on your Roku device
• Follow your favorite movies, shows and actors/directors using My Feed
THIS APP REQUIRES A ROKU STREAMING PLAYER OR ROKU TV™
Certain features require compatible Roku devices and may require logging in to your Roku account.
· Roku Search is available only when your connected Roku streaming player or Roku TV supports this functionality. Roku Search is not available in Mexico.
· Searching by voice is available in English in the US and Canada only.
· Mobile Private Listening is available for Roku Express, Express+, Roku Streaming Stick (3600), Roku Premiere, Premiere+, Roku Ultra and Roku TVs
* Subscription or other payment may be required to access certain channel content. Channel availability is subject to change and varies by country.
For more information and troubleshooting help, go to http://support.roku.com
What's New in Version 4.2.1
- Performance improvements and bug fixes
I’d give the app 5 stars if after downloading and syncing to my tv I could use it to power on the tv. My kids lost the very small remote that came w my roku tv. They actually suggested I look for a remote app lol. I have to power the tv on manually to be able to utilize the app instead of it recognizing my tv. Small problem yes, however, the power button is underneath so I have to hope I find the right one in the dark and almost turn over the tv(my baby shares my room so lights at night will wake him.) even w lights on, nearly flipping my tv over to power on ( wth were they thinking w that design) makes the app nice but not fully convenient. 3 stars firm
Remote no longer works (fix in review!)
Upgraded to a new iPhone X last night. I can no longer get my tv and my phone to see each other. Exact same network worked on my iPhone 7 Plus but not the X. Even put in the IP manually and it still couldn’t find it.
Roku is getting worse and worse all the time
Edit: fixed it by turning reserved DHCP for the roku tv. Seems idiotic that even roku customer help couldn’t figure that one out. But at least I did
Roku BRICKED the App on 2 of My Devices!
I have a couple older devices & a couple of weeks ago both started displaying a pop-up when I start the app saying I need to get a newer version of the app from the App Store but these devices will not run the version of iOS required for the new version of the Roku App.
Since I did not change anything on my iPhone or iPod touch, Roku has done something (my belief is the Roku App reaches out to Roku servers) that bricked the Roku App on my devices.