By Roku, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The free Roku iOS application allows you to:
· Control your Roku player from your mobile device
· Find something to watch by searching for movies, shows, actors, or directors and easily launch the content on your Roku player. Search is available today with the Roku Streaming Stick (HDMI version) and will be available on additional Roku players at a later date.
· Browse, add, and rate Channels from more than 1,200 Roku Channels offered in the Roku Channel Store
· Quickly launch your favorite Roku Channels
· Enter text using you device's keyboard
· Name and switch between multiple Roku players
· Enjoy your iPhone’s photos, music, and video on your Roku player (Supported on Roku 3, Roku 2, Roku LT, Roku HD (model 2500) and Roku Streaming Stick only)
THIS APP REQUIRES A ROKU PLAYER
To use this app, you must connect your iOS device to the same network as your Roku player. Certain features require compatible Roku players or may require logging in to your Roku account.
HAVING TROUBLE FINDING YOUR ROKU PLAYER?
Note: If the app does not recognize your Roku player (you see a “No Roku Devices Found” message after you sign in), try the going network setup again on your Roku player. This will wake your Roku player on your home network. Then, select “Try Again” in the Roku app.
Go to support.roku.com for FAQs or to get help.
What's New in Version 3.0.1
Bug fixes and enhancements to address user feedback
Loving this app once again
April 13, 2014: I haven't been able to use the app on my phone since the last update as per my previous review below. As a last ditch effort I thought to try deleting and re-downloading the app and now it works! So glad to have everything functioning correctly again. Since our remote broke it's much more convenient to just use the app than having to buy a new remote. Thanks Roku!
April 3, 2014: I have loved this app from the first day I set up my Roku. It's so convenient having my phone/iPod to use as extra remote. I've never had a single problem with it... that is, until your most recent update a couple days ago. Now I try to open the updated app on my phone and it crashes, every single time without fail. It's completely unusable. Thankfully I can still use the app on my iPod because I have not updated that one. I hope you'll be able to fix this glitch soon.
I don't like the recent update
The old version of the app was just fine. It was simple and easy to use.
More importantly, it WORKED!
The new updated version doesn't work as well. The buttons on the bottom part of the screen (the down button and the rewind button) do not work at all.
Edit on4/3/14 (after an update to fix the problems with the last update):
Well, they just keep making it worse and worse!
Now the darned app doesn't work AT ALL!
I use the app on my ipad and now the whole display is completely off center! The buttons don't line up at all.
This looks like an app designed by a 5th grader!
This app used to work so well before you guys started monkeying with it. Can't we just have the old app back?
Better than Roku's remote!
Not sure what the recent reviewers' problem is. Hopefully they'll figure it out. Mine works perfectly on my new iPod. Easier to use than my Roku 3 remote. I'm used to touch and swipe, so super intuitive. Using my iPod or ipad is way better for searching since they have a keyboard. Works like a charm, super fast and easy.