By ROKU INC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The free Roku iOS application allows you to:
· Control your Roku player or Roku TV from your mobile device.
· Use Roku Search with your mobile device. See what’s on, where you can watch it for free, with a subscription, or how much the different channels charge to rent or buy.
· Use your voice to search for movies, TV shows, actors, and directors as well as for streaming channels by name.
· Follow movies, TV shows, and actors in Roku Search and get updates when new content is ready to stream – on what channel and at what price.
· Browse, add, and rate Channels from more than 2,500 streaming channels offered in the Roku Channel Store.*
· Quickly launch your favorite Roku Channels on your Roku player or Roku TV from your mobile device.
· Enter text in your Roku player on-screen interface using your device's keyboard instead of the included remote.
· Name and switch between multiple Roku players and Roku TVs.
· Enjoy your iPhone’s photos, music, and video on your Roku player or Roku TV using the “Play on Roku” feature (Supported on Roku 3, Roku 2, Roku LT, Roku HD (model 2500), Roku TV, and Roku Streaming Stick).
* Subscription or other payment may be required to access certain channel content. Channel availability subject to change and not all content is available in the countries in which Roku devices are sold.
THIS APP REQUIRES A ROKU PLAYER OR ROKU TV
To use this app, you must connect your iOS device to the same network as your Roku player or Roku TV. Certain features require compatible Roku players/Roku TVs or may require logging in to your Roku account.
HAVING TROUBLE FINDING YOUR ROKU PLAYER OR ROKU TV?
Note: If the app does not display your Roku player or Roku TV when starting your app for the first time, try going to network setup again on your Roku player or Roku TV. This will wake your Roku player or Roku TV on your home network. Then, restart the Roku app.
· Roku Search is available when your connected Roku player or Roku TV supports this functionality.
· Searching by voice is available in English in the US and Canada only and elsewhere when updates make voice search available.
· The Roku app is available in English language only in Mexico.
Go to support.roku.com for FAQs or to get help.
What's New in Version 3.5.5
Bug fixes and Performance Optimization
Originally I gave this app 5 stars. It did everything I needed it to do, never had a single problem with it. I believe my phone auto updates apps, and maybe that's why...but this thing has been a pile of junk lately. Constantly tells me it can't connect to my Roku, I have to hit refresh over and over, most times with no result other than the same old message about not connecting. When this thing is working, it's basically perfect. It even has what I consider some awesome features, being able to look at pictures and video from your phone on your tv. The keyboard is a great feature. All in all, I don't feel good leaving a 2 star review for a free product that used to be perfect, but until they get this thing working again, sadly I have to say 2 stars. Not even sure why I'm saying 2, I suppose because it does work, just not all of the time, so 1 star felt...well, this was a ramble no one will ever read. I do suggest this app over other Roku remote apps, though. Today I downloaded 2 that I had to pay for and they were both garbage. Hopefully this thing has an update soon and fixes the bugs, when that happens I will absolutely come back and add another 5 star review.
I love this app - easy clean functionality and nothing unnecessary. I usually use the search feature or the remote feature, but its got some other cool aspects as well. The only trouble I have is with connectivity - occasionally my phone will not connect to my roku device, which renders the app unusable. It would be cool to see a version that could still search the roku database of shows and films even when not connected to a device, as i often wonder if such-and-such a film or show is available on roku when i am not near my device, or when my app is having trouble connecting.
Practically Perfect in Every Way
I love to watch my roku in my bed, which means I'm constantly losing my remote control. This app not only lets me use it as a remote, which I never have a problem with, but lets me share photos and music on my TV. The only thing I wish this app had was support for headphone listening on the mobile phone. I don't know if it is supported on newer roku devices, but I feel if the device remote comes with a headphone jack, you should be able to listen on your phone.