By ROKU INC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The free Roku iOS application allows you to:
· Control your Roku player or Roku TV from your mobile device.
· Use Roku Search with your mobile device. See what’s on, where you can watch it for free, with a subscription, or how much the different channels charge to rent or buy.
· Use your voice to search for movies, TV shows, actors, and directors as well as for streaming channels by name.
· Follow movies, TV shows, and actors in Roku Search and get updates when new content is ready to stream – on what channel and at what price.
· Browse, add, and rate Channels from more than 2,500 streaming channels offered in the Roku Channel Store.*
· Quickly launch your favorite Roku Channels on your Roku player or Roku TV from your mobile device.
· Enter text in your Roku player on-screen interface using your device's keyboard instead of the included remote.
· Name and switch between multiple Roku players and Roku TVs.
· Enjoy your iPhone’s photos, music, and video on your Roku player or Roku TV using the “Play on Roku” feature (Supported on Roku 3, Roku 2, Roku LT, Roku HD (model 2500), Roku TV, and Roku Streaming Stick).
* Subscription or other payment may be required to access certain channel content. Channel availability subject to change and not all content is available in the countries in which Roku devices are sold.
THIS APP REQUIRES A ROKU PLAYER OR ROKU TV
To use this app, you must connect your iOS device to the same network as your Roku player or Roku TV. Certain features require compatible Roku players/Roku TVs or may require logging in to your Roku account.
HAVING TROUBLE FINDING YOUR ROKU PLAYER OR ROKU TV?
Note: If the app does not display your Roku player or Roku TV when starting your app for the first time, try going to network setup again on your Roku player or Roku TV. This will wake your Roku player or Roku TV on your home network. Then, restart the Roku app.
· Roku Search is available when your connected Roku player or Roku TV supports this functionality.
· Searching by voice is available in English in the US and Canada only and elsewhere when updates make voice search available.
· The Roku app is available in English language only in Mexico.
Go to support.roku.com for FAQs or to get help.
What's New in Version 3.5.3
Yes! Yes! Yes!
Works perfectly - I'm using Roku 3 with iPhone 6
Voice control - just say movie title or movie star's name. Or regular search using your phone's keyboard - OMG so much easier than all that scrolling around with their remote selecting one letter at a time.
Stream from your phone directly to TV, Nice! Videos and Pics. I'm a folk singer and often record vids of songs with iPhone - loads and plays flawlessly, with surround sound hooked-up even better.
The Roku 3 has a USB port but can not get to your phone data via phone cord - must transfer to a USB flash drive first - this app does it all straight from your phone.
With no instructions as to which button to tap for what you want to do - the app is so user friendly Everything is simple and intuitive. After loading I was playing videos with in a single minute, Wow!
1. Load app
2. Turn on tv open Roku
3. Open app
4. Choose an operation in the app > press ok
*the movie, the search, the pic or vid appears on screen. With a movie or search your phone screen turns into the remote - up down forward back "ok" to select or your phone pic folders or your phone videos. Done :0)
5 stars perfect interface so very pleased :0)
Love this app, especially because a week into purchasing our roku the remote was misplaced by my 2 year old. When visiting friends with a roku I can put their remote up high (where my 4 kids can't lose theirs too) and get out my phone, easily connect, and choose an appropriate program for my kids , and then lock my phone up with no worries. The app is also great for preventing kiddos from watching things they should not. I have the only remote so I must approve their viewing selections. My only reason for not giving 5 stars is because when attempting to turn the closed captions on a lot of times it does not work. My husband is hard of hearing and prefers it on.
Yes! Great app
I use the app on my iPad and iPhone. I love that I can see the remote buttons in the dark unlike the remote that came with the Roku. I have only had Roku a short while but I can say using the app is so much easier than the original remote. And since it is infrared I don't need a direct of sight for it to work my Roku. None of that pointing the remote all over which way to make it work. Also it is nice to have the keyboard and not have to use the buttons on the remote to type something. I haven't lost my remote yet but I'm sure one day I'll be looking for it and it will be easy to find with the find my remote.