By ROKU INC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The free Roku iOS application allows you to:
· Control your Roku player or Roku TV from your mobile device.
· Use Roku Search with your mobile device. See what’s on, where you can watch it for free, with a subscription, or how much the different channels charge to rent or buy.
· Use your voice to search for movies, TV shows, actors, and directors as well as for streaming channels by name.
· Follow "Movies Coming Soon” within My Feed and get updates when new movies are ready to stream – on what channel and at what price.
· Browse, add, and rate Channels from more than 2,000 streaming channels offered in the Roku Channel Store.*
· Quickly launch your favorite Roku Channels on your Roku player or Roku TV from your mobile device.
· Enter text in your Roku player on-screen interface using your device's keyboard instead of the included remote.
· Name and switch between multiple Roku players and Roku TVs.
· Enjoy your iPhone’s photos, music, and video on your Roku player or Roku TV using the “Play on Roku” feature (Supported on Roku 3, Roku 2, Roku LT, Roku HD (model 2500), Roku TV, and Roku Streaming Stick).
* Subscription or other payment may be required to access certain channel content. Channel availability subject to change and not all content is available in the countries in which Roku devices are sold.
THIS APP REQUIRES A ROKU PLAYER OR ROKU TV
To use this app, you must connect your iOS device to the same network as your Roku player or Roku TV. Certain features require compatible Roku players/Roku TVs or may require logging in to your Roku account.
HAVING TROUBLE FINDING YOUR ROKU PLAYER OR ROKU TV?
Note: If the app does not recognize your Roku player or Roku TV (you see a “No Roku Devices Found” message after you sign in), try going to network setup again on your Roku player or Roku TV. This will wake your Roku player or Roku TV on your home network. Then, select “Try Again” in the Roku app.
· Roku Search is available when your connected Roku player or Roku TV supports this functionality.
· Searching by voice is available in English in the US and Canada only and elsewhere when updates make voice search available.
Go to support.roku.com for FAQs or to get help.
What's New in Version 3.2.0
This update features improvements to the Roku mobile experience, including:
· Use your voice to search for movies, TV shows, actors, and directors. Voice search is currently available in the English language in US and Canada. Additional languages will be made available in subsequent updates.
· Follow "Movies Coming Soon” within My Feed and get updates when new movies are ready to stream.
· A number of bug fixes.
Okay… With a couple of bugs…
Generally, this app works quite well on my iPhone. My favorite feature is being able to use the complete alphanumeric keypad on the phone rather than scroll through punching buttons to get a single word into the search box. Here is the one annoying problem… We have several Roku boxes, and once I have my phone connected to one Roku box, I cannot change devices to one of the other boxes… The app sees the other boxes, but just won't let me connect to one of them. I actually have to uninstall the app and reinstall it if I want to change from one Roku box to another…Ugg! :-(
I cannot believe how well this app works. Every now and then though, it losses connection and have to hit "try again". Other than that, as well as the remote app for the Apple TV, I'm so impressed with its performance. The actual remote is too bulky and rounded on bottom, I'm constantly dropping it. I advice anyone who has a Roku device, or the Apple TV box, they are both great apps. I save time as well for pass codes. All in all, don't hesitate to use this app, I promise you will not be disappointed.
Only way it works
Since unboxing I've had to restart the stick every few hours to reconnect the remote. I've done everything Roku techs have suggested with no difference still. This app doesn't lose the wifi signal like the included remote does, so if you have the Roku stick, this is necessary.