By ROKU INC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The free Roku iOS application allows you to:
· Control your Roku player or Roku TV from your mobile device
· Find something to watch by searching for movies, shows, actors, or directors and easily launch the content on your Roku player or TV. Search is available today with the Roku Streaming Stick (HDMI version), Roku TVs, and will be available on additional Roku players at a later date.
· Browse, add, and rate Channels from more than 2,000 Roku Channels offered in the Roku Channel Store
· Quickly launch your favorite Roku Channels
· Enter text using your device's keyboard
· Name and switch between multiple Roku players and TVs
· Enjoy your iPhone’s photos, music, and video on your Roku player or TV (Supported on Roku 3, Roku 2, Roku LT, Roku HD (model 2500), Roku TV, and Roku Streaming Stick only)
THIS APP REQUIRES A ROKU PLAYER
To use this app, you must connect your iOS device to the same network as your Roku player or TV. Certain features require compatible Roku players/Roku TVs or may require logging in to your Roku account.
HAVING TROUBLE FINDING YOUR ROKU PLAYER OR ROKU TV?
Note: If the app does not recognize your Roku player or TV (you see a “No Roku Devices Found” message after you sign in), try going to network setup again on your Roku player. This will wake your Roku player on your home network. Then, select “Try Again” in the Roku app.
Go to support.roku.com for FAQs or to get help.
What's New in Version 3.1.6
WAS a good app
I own 3 rokus. The first gen purple hockey puck, the big HXD or whatever it's called and the roku stick in my kids TV, this app at one point was awsome, because I could use it for all three rokus, now it constantly crashes, and now it refuses to find any roku, even though all three are online and streaming at this very moment, I have reinstalled the app, reset my phone, nothing works, I'm now going to dish out the 99cents for the paid app with 80+ five star ratings. This WAS the best app on my phone, it's going to be like saying goodbye to an old lover. Fix your issues and I may rekindle our relationship, but for now I'm going to cheat on you with the girl next door.
Love the app so far! Was actually able to use it from my phone in the living room to control the box in the bedroom. Can have the standard remote, or pull up your channels and select one. Best feature is being able to use the keyboard on the phone to type in a search or log-in information. So much easier than trying to use the Roku remote and on-screen keyboard
So far it's great!
Haven't had my Roku 3 for long (maybe 2 weeks) but downloaded this app right away on my iPhone. So far it works great, actually better than the Roku remote itself. And I always have my phone nearby, so it's handy. Plus with 2 of us, both always have a remote which makes it more convenient. Time will tell if we have issues like others have reported.