By ROKU INC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The free Roku iOS application allows you to:
· Control your Roku player or Roku TV from your mobile device.
· Use Roku Search with your mobile device. See what’s on, where you can watch it for free, with a subscription, or how much the different channels charge to rent or buy.
· Use your voice to search for movies, TV shows, actors, and directors as well as for streaming channels by name.
· Follow movies, TV shows, and actors in Roku Search and get updates when new content is ready to stream – on what channel and at what price.
· Browse, add, and rate Channels from more than 2,500 streaming channels offered in the Roku Channel Store.*
· Quickly launch your favorite Roku Channels on your Roku player or Roku TV from your mobile device.
· Enter text in your Roku player on-screen interface using your device's keyboard instead of the included remote.
· Name and switch between multiple Roku players and Roku TVs.
· Enjoy your iPhone’s photos, music, and video on your Roku player or Roku TV using the “Play on Roku” feature (Supported on Roku 3, Roku 2, Roku LT, Roku HD (model 2500), Roku TV, and Roku Streaming Stick).
* Subscription or other payment may be required to access certain channel content. Channel availability subject to change and not all content is available in the countries in which Roku devices are sold.
THIS APP REQUIRES A ROKU PLAYER OR ROKU TV
To use this app, you must connect your iOS device to the same network as your Roku player or Roku TV. Certain features require compatible Roku players/Roku TVs or may require logging in to your Roku account.
HAVING TROUBLE FINDING YOUR ROKU PLAYER OR ROKU TV?
Note: If the app does not display your Roku player or Roku TV when starting your app for the first time, try going to network setup again on your Roku player or Roku TV. This will wake your Roku player or Roku TV on your home network. Then, restart the Roku app.
· Roku Search is available when your connected Roku player or Roku TV supports this functionality.
· Searching by voice is available in English in the US and Canada only and elsewhere when updates make voice search available.
· The Roku app is available in English language only in Mexico.
Go to support.roku.com for FAQs or to get help.
What's New in Version 3.3.0
Version 3.3.0 of the Roku mobile app a number of new features, including:
• A new Homepage that gives users easy access to Roku Search, Play on Roku, My Feed, and the Remote Control.
• Zoom into photos in Play on Roku using a two-finger pinch or double-tap gesture.
• Pan around zoomed-in photos in Play on Roku using a single finger drag gesture.
New design is not good but overall it's a very useful app
Update: new user interface is now MUCH better!
Although I like some of the new features the new design took this app from 5 stars to 3. If the app had started this way I would have deleted it straightaway as it's now much more difficult to get around and the buttons are artsy but that's about the best thing I can say for it, totally unnecessary. I wish they had implanted a theme option instead. I'll probably keep using this app because it's so darn handy and really does work great, but I'll now cringe each time I see the looks of the new remote. So 5 stars for usefulness but the user experience team needs a good talking to.
They Finally got it right
Thank you Roku for finally adding the "Play on Roku". I did not want to purchase an Apple TV to just share my pictures, now I can easily share my iPhone pictures on my TV through my Roku. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!😀
However, you can't share PNG files only JPG files and when you take a screenshot capture from your iPhone it saves it as PNG. The other issue is I can't share my VIDEOS either and the community really needs that feature. For this reason I knocked off 1 Star. Once those options are added, this will be a perfect 5 star app.
BTW - I'm using an iPhone 6+ and the app works fine, I don't know why others are complaining about.
Suggestion for offline
I can't tell you how much I appreciate the newest update. Easier to use, more responsive.
I would like to see offline activities though. I would like to be able to search for a movie or show to see if it is available while not directly connected to the network the roku is on. A sort of "is it on roku" thing.