By ROKU INC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Roku® mobile app is a free iOS application that turns your mobile device into the ultimate streaming companion for Roku streaming players and Roku TVs.
To use the Roku mobile app, you must connect your phone or tablet to the same wireless network as your Roku device. Certain features require a compatible Roku device, and may require logging in to your Roku account.
Complement your Roku streaming experience and use the Roku mobile app to:
• Use your phone or tablet as a remote control for your Roku device
• Browse a hand-picked selection of great movies and TV shows using What’s On
• Use your voice or mobile keyboard to search for movies, TV shows, actors and directors
• Launch your favorite channels directly from your mobile device
• Add channels and games from the Roku Channel Store
• Listen to audio from streaming movies or shows through your headphones with Private listening
• Cast videos, photos, and music to your TV using Play on Roku
• Use your mobile keyboard to enter text on your Roku device
• Follow your favorite movies, shows and actors/directors using My Feed
THIS APP REQUIRES A ROKU STREAMING PLAYER OR ROKU TV™
Certain features require compatible Roku devices and may require logging in to your Roku account.
· Roku Search is available only when your connected Roku streaming player or Roku TV supports this functionality. Roku Search is not available in Mexico.
· Searching by voice is available in English in the US and Canada only.
· Mobile Private Listening is available for Roku Express, Express+, Roku Streaming Stick (3600), Roku Premiere, Premiere+, Roku Ultra and Roku TVs
* Subscription or other payment may be required to access certain channel content. Channel availability is subject to change and varies by country.
For more information and troubleshooting help, go to http://support.roku.com
What's New in Version 4.0.3
- Performance Optimizations and Bug Fixes
Great so far!
So I first had the google chrome cast as my streaming device. It was terrible!!! Limited functionality, always missing the cast icon when I want to watch a different show and constantly missing device in its chrome app (even though it perfectly displayed fine in my tv). Roku has been amazing so far, no issues, easy to setup, more features, more options for watching different channels, and this app allows you to turn off your tv!! (my tv is high up and far from my room so constantly getting up to turn off my tv to go to sleep is annoying). Plus I have an iPhone so I know you guys are gonna be like get an IR remote app to turn off tv (doesn't work, already tried it).
Overall I love Roku so far! Hopefully I won't have any issues. I'll definitely write another review if I do. This app is amazing and I'm glad I only need this to view other channels instead of downloading each and everyone one like in the chrome cast. Also you can customize your setting enabling mirroring, cooling, theme changing options and more!
*Roku developer please don't mess up the Roku by giving us an update that has not been fully tested and debugged!*
BEWARE, this app is SPYWARE
This app is SPYWARE, collecting every piece of information it can about BOTH your Roku device, AND your tablet/phone (iPhone/iPad). It collects it, shares it, sells it. To unknown companies and people. It sends detailed personal data back to unidentified servers, possibly across international borders.
There is NO reason for Roku to collect most of this information. Except to sell this information to spammers, robo-dialers, criminals and assorted corporate thieves.
Roku now makes it more difficult than ever to just use the app as a remote control substitute. Roku changed the app to force more ads on users, and to collect more personal info.
Roku was an interesting concept back in 2010, now they are just another directionless, shady, and anti-consumer company. They are no better than Wells Fargo Bank.
Their overcollection of detailed personal information should be made illegal. Rokus business practices are shameful, unethical, and immoral.
I will not be using the app, and i will be looking for better alternatives to the Roku device.
Better and more reliMore reliable and less glitchy than the remote that comes with the device
This remote app is far superior than the remote that comes with the device. I have 4 Roku devices and each accompanying remote freezes and glitches after time and then burns out but the app remains consistent and much quicker than the hand held. I have an iPHONE 6s and it works flawlessly with this cell. It is simple and intuitive. I
highly recommend this app.