By ROKU INC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The Roku® mobile app is a free iOS application that turns your mobile device into the ultimate streaming companion for Roku streaming players and Roku TVs.
To use the Roku mobile app, you must connect your phone or tablet to the same wireless network as your Roku device. Certain features require a compatible Roku device, and may require logging in to your Roku account.
Complement your Roku streaming experience and use the Roku mobile app to:
• Use your phone or tablet as a remote control for your Roku device
• Browse a hand-picked selection of great movies and TV shows using What’s On
• Use your voice or mobile keyboard to search for movies, TV shows, actors and directors
• Launch your favorite channels directly from your mobile device
• Add channels and games from the Roku Channel Store
• Listen to audio from streaming movies or shows, or local antenna TV, through your headphones with Private listening
• Cast videos, photos, and music to your TV using Play on Roku
• Use your mobile keyboard to enter text on your Roku device
• Follow your favorite movies, shows and actors/directors using My Feed
THIS APP REQUIRES A ROKU STREAMING PLAYER OR ROKU TV™
Certain features require compatible Roku devices and may require logging in to your Roku account.
· Roku Search is available only when your connected Roku streaming player or Roku TV supports this functionality. Roku Search is not available in Mexico.
· Searching by voice is available in English in the US and Canada only.
· Mobile Private Listening is available for Roku Express, Express+, Roku Streaming Stick (3600), Roku Premiere, Premiere+, Roku Ultra and Roku TVs
* Subscription or other payment may be required to access certain channel content. Channel availability is subject to change and varies by country.
For more information and troubleshooting help, go to http://support.roku.com
What's New in Version 4.2.1
- Performance improvements and bug fixes
Very Convenient When you Misplace the Remote
I was very excited when I found out Roku made an app for the iPhone. My remote is often knocked over by the cats and lands under my wheelchair which makes it hard to find. Or when I misplace the remote which is why I wrote this review since I couldn’t find it and the rate screen popped up. Lol
I find it especially simple to use and though I only have one Roku still hooked up it always finds the right one. I’ve had my Roku for several years and was wondering if the app would work. The app works just fine on my iPhone 5. Plus it looks exactly like my remote the one without the channel buttons. If it is possible to change the skins I do not know I haven’t searched it out.
I read one reviewer mention it often can’t find their connection that has happened only once I just restarted the app and it was fine. This is one of my most useful and helpful apps I have on my phone!
I’d give the app 5 stars if after downloading and syncing to my tv I could use it to power on the tv. My kids lost the very small remote that came w my roku tv. They actually suggested I look for a remote app lol. I have to power the tv on manually to be able to utilize the app instead of it recognizing my tv. Small problem yes, however, the power button is underneath so I have to hope I find the right one in the dark and almost turn over the tv(my baby shares my room so lights at night will wake him.) even w lights on, nearly flipping my tv over to power on ( wth were they thinking w that design) makes the app nice but not fully convenient. 3 stars firm
Omg this app is a HUGE lifesaver! My boyfriend surprised the family by getting us a roku for the living room - just a little original to see if we actually liked it. We didn’t have it for a full week before the dang remote went missing. We searched and searched and searched and never found it. I was like “What do we do” ya know, like “Do they even make replacement remotes?” Then I found the Roku app and life was okay again. Pretty sure the toddler through the remote away.