By ROKU INC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Roku® mobile app is a free iOS application that turns your mobile device into the ultimate streaming companion for Roku streaming players and Roku TVs.
To use the Roku mobile app, you must connect your phone or tablet to the same wireless network as your Roku device. Certain features require a compatible Roku device, and may require logging in to your Roku account.
Complement your Roku streaming experience and use the Roku mobile app to:
• Use your phone or tablet as a remote control for your Roku device
• Browse a hand-picked selection of great movies and TV shows using What’s On
• Use your voice or mobile keyboard to search for movies, TV shows, actors and directors
• Launch your favorite channels directly from your mobile device
• Add channels and games from the Roku Channel Store
• Listen to audio from streaming movies or shows through your headphones with Private listening
• Cast videos, photos, and music to your TV using Play on Roku
• Use your mobile keyboard to enter text on your Roku device
• Follow your favorite movies, shows and actors/directors using My Feed
THIS APP REQUIRES A ROKU STREAMING PLAYER OR ROKU TV™
Certain features require compatible Roku devices and may require logging in to your Roku account.
· Roku Search is available only when your connected Roku streaming player or Roku TV supports this functionality. Roku Search is not available in Mexico.
· Searching by voice is available in English in the US and Canada only.
· Mobile Private Listening is available for Roku Express, Express+, Roku Streaming Stick (3600), Roku Premiere, Premiere+, Roku Ultra and Roku TVs
* Subscription or other payment may be required to access certain channel content. Channel availability is subject to change and varies by country.
For more information and troubleshooting help, go to http://support.roku.com
What's New in Version 4.0.4
Get alerts to stay in the know on the latest and greatest entertainment available to stream on Roku devices
This app works impressively fast given the fact that it runs through the wifi network. When you hit a button the TV reacts almost instantly. Just as quick as a regular remote, maybe a bit faster actually. Biggest upside is that it has a way longer range than the terrible remote that came with the TV. The regular remote stops working at about 12ft. This app works anywhere you have wifi signal. Only downside I've found is that you can't switch between multiple TVs unless the TVs are actually powered on, and it takes like 15-ish seconds to do. It's a minor thing, but I have a TV in the living room and another in the bedroom and so I switch which one I'm watching at least once a day. The traditional remotes work on either TV with no issue. The app just takes a bit more effort. Overall I'm very impressed with the app and would definitely recommend it. You can even control the TV volume with the physical volume buttons on the phone. That's a nice touch.
The complete Roku remote with better range and free keyboard
This app almost makes me want to throw away my remote control, except if I don't have wifi it may not work...but I doubt that's gonna happen. Long story short, this virtual remote is great. I can control it anywhere in my house, pause a show or increase volume if I'm in the kitchen...plus I have to point my remote a certain way which is over with now. I downloaded two versions before this which work well but what made me choose this is the fact that it is not just the complete remote but also contains a keyboard so you don't have to click through alphabets. Real sized this trying to search a Netflix show, other apps trying to make u purchase a keyboard but this is the complete package. Definitely get it
Fantastic App, but there's a couple things
First off, this application is a necessity for the TV I bought due to the horrid Roku remote system that came with the TV. Even if I had not had needed it, it is a wonderful application you can use anywhere within your wifi's network. I love it. One thing I think can be added for better functionality, we should have the ability to browse on your phone, multiple channels, letting you see what's out there while watching still. This would mean I could browse on my phone looking for the next show from my plethora of sources, and click WATCH NOW to swap the channel to that program. As a society we are always doing multiple things at once, this I think would bring the apps level to near perfection. Great app, just think about what I said. Thanks guys.