ROLANDO 2: Quest for the Golden Orchid
By ngmoco, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
**Supports iOS4 and above only.**
"If you do not like Rolando 2, then you do not like videogames."
- IGN, Editor's Choice Award, 9 out of 10
“Best App of the Year – Paid”
“Best Adventure Game”
- as decided by 50,000+ voters on AppAdvice.com App Awards
Get ready to rock n’ roll with the sequel to the everyone’s favorite iPhone Game of the Year, Rolando! Spin, jump, twist, bounce around 45+ levels as you guide a massive cast of characters on a funky new quest filled with action and surprise behind every touch.
In your pursuit of the legendary Golden Orchid, you will help the Rolando clan navigate through tropical beaches, ancient ruins, volcanic caverns and dark jungles, all while battling nasty new nemeses.
-- DRIVE, FLY, SWIM
Expand your tactics and take your adventure to new heights and depths with a variety of physics-based gameplay features like vehicles, buoyancy and flying Rolandos.
-- THESE ROLANDOS FIGHT BACK!
Blast, zap, drown and skewer the island’s most hostile inhabitants as you battle your way to victory using all-new combat features.
-- CHART YOUR OWN COURSE THROUGH AN EPIC STORY
Choose which mission to play next as you lead a brave new family of Rolandos through more than 45 challenging levels in search of the fabled Golden Orchid.
-- SHARE THE GLORY
Compare awards and high-scores with friends via leaderboards as you roll, fly, jump, flip, and twist your way to a triumphant victory! Requires internet connection.
ROLANDO 2 is created by Hand Circus and presented by ngmoco:) exclusively for the iPhone and iPod touch
What's New in Version 1.2
Supports OS4 and above only. If you experience crashing on launch, please update your device to the latest OS.
- Registering with plus+ network is optional
- Optimized graphics for retina display
- Fixes an issue where saved games could become corrupted
Fantastic concept but...
* Levels are out of order: You are expected to use tools (boomfinger) to beat levels before you get to the boomfinger tutorial level.
* CAMERA CONTROL: On more than one occasion I've had to completely restart a level because the camera controls prevented me from saving a character from death. At one point, you're expected to save the princess from what appears to be a bird's nest. Precious seconds tick away while she sits there talking, the camera completely locked on her.
* Controls: Boomfinger is incredibly twitchy. I've wasted many explosions and killed many Rolandos while attempting to select a unit.
* Controls+Camera: Nearly impossible to hit a rolling purple bomb when you have no control over the camera.
* Intuitive interface: No clear differentiation is made between items that behave differently in the world. Some red panels recede into the background, some are permanent. It is up to you to figure out which is which.
The game was fun, much of the music was quite good (Except the annoying one with the bell), unfortunately I will not be playing any more.
For me, this game could actually be a benchmark one with the combination concept of puzzle platform plus strategy.
I really miss the old good days with my 2nd generation iPod Touch, and of course with this creative game.
Now after so many generations' update of Apple's iOS device, I still keep this one on my iPhone. I don't know why…time change, people change, but this game spirit never dies.
Rolando is a decent game, really, I mean it.
Really, I mean this could be categorized into APP STORE ESSENTIALS. This series should continue. If Rolando 3 comes out, I would spend 10 bucks for it.
First, this game is fun, but it can get very frustrating. Second, the sale price is much better than the previous price, which was to high at 5.99. Third the contact update, was rather ridiculous. It supposedly added retina support, but the game is still somewhat grainy. Lastly, ngmoco (and everybody else, for that matter) should stop using "Plus+" all other third party "networks" is favor of the much better and much more centralized Game Center. I would strongly recommend another update to fix these issues.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Mar 31, 2011
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 77.7 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: ngmoco, LLC
- © 2009 ngmoco, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.