RollerCoaster Tycoon® 3 (RCT3) is the classic bestselling PC strategy simulation that now brings the fun of a roller coaster park right to your iPhone or iPad!
With a new mobile-friendly UI, the creativity, depth and sophistication of the classic PC game is all here - with NO in-app purchases.
· Create your ultimate theme park in stunning 3D!
· Let your imagination run free in Sandbox mode.
· Play through all 18 scenarios from the original PC game.
· Watch your guests react to your park as you try to make them happy.
· Happy guests earn you more in-game money to build out your parks even more.
· Design your parks using 5 fun themes: Generic, Spooky, Western, Adventure and Sci-fi.
· See every spine tingling detail with fully controllable cameras.
· Grab a front seat for the ride of your life with the jaw-dropping Coaster Cam.
· Cope with challenging objectives, changing weather patterns and enjoy beautiful vistas, sunsets, moonlight, and more.
Fix for crash when running on iOS 9.3.
Ratings and Reviews
Needs Work but Still Enjoyable
Great game but has a lot of bugs. Still one of the best gaming apps I've found, even with the flaws. It's worth the money anyway.
Placing paths with varying heights can be maddening. Placing benches/trash cans etc. doesn't always work when it should. Needs the ability to find which staff member is working highlighted area without looking through all of them. Needs a fast forward button. Needs an undo button when doing construction on paths, terrain, etc. Research doesn't work half the time and when it does, it doesn't give what you asked for. It seems that changing the amount of funding for research doesn't have an affect on how much is discovered, either. Profit doesn't add up right. Some of the buttons don't function at all. Needs to let you select an attraction straight from the news alert about it. Needs a button to select and move large groups of people (when you're taking out a path) so that you don't have to move them one by one.
Best port on the app store!
I've had this on my watchlist for sometime now. I was skeptical and hesitant because of my concern that this would be a bad port. Whoa was I wrong! This is just like the original pc game and the touch controls are intuitive and well executed. It just feels natural to play this on the ipad. This game loads fast and runs smoothly. As far as I can tell (and remember) all the original functions, controls and game modes are present. This is utterly impressive and I can't wait to see what the future holds for games such as this on the app store. Do yourself a favor and relive your nostalgic youth and buy this game. At $5 I feel like I stole it. Also, we airplay this to the tv so many people can watch and enjoy the game! It's a really neat feature. All these other reviews "I wish there was more"...holy cow...for $5 you get the original game with its modes. That is a completely cheap perspective and should be disregarded. There is plenty of content here to have fun.
Lives up to the original
I completely adored RCT3 on my PC, and when I saw this on the App Store I figured "worth a try, but I'll probably be disappointed." I'm happy to say that I was not disappointed at all -- in fact, I'm seriously impressed at how well this captures the original PC gameplay and adapts the controls for the touchscreen. The controls are intuitive and easy to use for the most part. My only criticism is that it's a lot harder to lay down paths and modify terrain in this version, which can be really frustrating sometimes. However, it's not a deal-breaker type of problem. I also love that they stayed true to the traditional model where you buy the game up front and get access to the whole game -- you don't have to deal with any nonsense of in-app purchases or waiting eons to unlock things. I really hope they add the RCT3 expansion packs in the future - I would gladly buy those too!
- Frontier Developments Limited
- 701.6 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Frontier Developments plc
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.