There’s a master thief on the loose! Use your logic and creative thinking skills to track her and save history!
This newest iteration of Dig-iT! Games’ highly acclaimed Roman Town game is an exciting learning experience for kids that blends archaeology, history, puzzles and problem solving into a fun immersive adventure game. Explore Pompeii, play games and solve puzzles to track down the master thief, Ladrone. Gather clues by solving challenging mini-games that push logic and creative thinking skills to the limit. Players need to use all their expertise to beat Ladrone at her own game and save history.
• Unique, re-playable puzzles
• Explore Pompeii
• Detailed factual information about Roman life
• Play ancient Roman games
• Solve the mystery!
Roman Town 2 features an immersive learning environment that makes it fun and easy to learn and retain information about the ancient culture. Challenging puzzles exercise strategic thinking, spatial reasoning, memory, logic, math skills and more. Great for an in-class or homework activity. Use with Dig-iT! Games’ additional history games (including Excavate! Rome for a complete Roman history lesson).
Parents and Homeschoolers:
Roman Town 2 is a fun, self-contained introduction or reinforcement activity on Roman History. Great for car trips, rainy days, or even travel for that long flight to Italy !
The standards-aligned content includes:
National Council for Social Studies Curriculum Standards:
• D2.His.2: Compare life in specific historical time periods to life today and understand change and continuity in history
• D2.His.4: Understand and analyze the different perspectives of individuals and groups in a historical period
• D2.His.13.6-8: Evaluate and use historical sources
Common Core State Standards for ELA and Math:
• CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI: Reading: Informational Text: Range of Reading and Level of Text Complexity
• CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RH: History/Social Studies: Range of Reading and Level of Text Complexity
• CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.L: Language: Vocabulary Acquisition and Use
• CCSS.MATH.PRACTICE.MP1: Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them
• CCSS.MATH.PRACTICE.MP2: Reason abstractly and quantitatively
• CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.OA: Operations and Algebraic Thinking: solve problems, analyze patterns and relationships
• CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.EE: Expressions and Equations: use and solve algebraic equations
• CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.NBT: Number and Operations in Base Ten: place value, operations and their properties, mental computation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.