Rome: Total War - Gold Edition
By Feral Interactive Ltd
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Welcome to Rome – Welcome to War. Two world-dominating games in one!
Before you buy, expand this description to check the system requirements below.
See the mini-site at feralinteractive.com/rometw
Uniting multi-award winning Rome: Total War and its official expansion pack, Barbarian Invasion, you must guide history’s greatest armies to victory in a game of epic real-time warfare, empire building, politics and treachery.
Play as one of three great Roman families, whose thirst for power will stop at nothing. This is the world of Hannibal, Julius Caesar, Cleopatra and a thousand others. This is a world of soldiers, gladiators, tyrants, monsters and fools. It’s a rich, exciting world, awaiting a conqueror – you! You must use military genius to build an empire that stretches across Europe and Africa. Finally march on Rome to seize control of the greatest empire in the world. Then in Barbarian invasion either defend it or lead a Barbarian horde and bring the once mighty empire to its knees.
• Experience real-time battles – Use innovative battle tactics in battles with up to 10,000 soldiers on-screen at once.
• Command and build your campaigns – Balance economic, civil, religious and military power in the century-spanning campaign.
• Learn from the best – Fight alongside or against history’s greatest leaders such as Julius Caesar, Spartacus, and Hannibal to expand or destroy the Roman Empire.
• Lay siege with signature weapons and abilities – Turn the tables against the Romans as Attila the Hun, the fearsome Saxons, and other savage factions in the Barbarian Invasion expansion pack.
4.5/5 – “The truth is, Mac players rarely enjoy a strategy game as deep or as fun as Rome: Total War.” – Macworld
4.5/5 – “…Total War delivers a strategy experience that’s hard to pass up.” – Mac|Life
5/5 – “There’s a lot to like about RTW; a lot of little details that separate it from other real time strategy games.” – Appletell
Important information regarding Rome: Total War - Gold Edition:
• Please note that we cannot reply to comments or questions left in Mac App Store reviews. If you require assistance, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Full system requirements are available on the Rome: Total War - Gold Edition mini-site at feralinteractive.com/rometw.
• Minimum System Requirements: Processor: 1.4 GHz, RAM: 512MB, Graphics: 128MB, Free Space: 5GB.
• This game is not currently supported on volumes formatted as Mac OS Extended (Case Sensitive).
© 2002–2014 The Creative Assembly Ltd. Total War, Rome: Total War Barbarian Invasion and the Total War logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of The Creative Assembly Ltd in the UK and/or other countries. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and trade names are the properties of their respective owners. SEGA and the SEGA logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Corporation. Mac and the Mac logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Feral and the Feral logo are trademarks of Feral Interactive Ltd.
What's New in Version 1.4.2
• Fixes a number of minor issues.
Amazing Strategy Game
I was able to play a two hour battle of a horde of 10,000 men attacking my stone walled city with about 2,400 men with no lag. I lost, but only after inflicting 7,000 casualties. I’m using a 13” macbook air mid 2012 intel i5 with hd 4000 graphics and 4g of ram. My settings are all set to low/lowest with 1440 x 900 resolution with the exception of troop size set to huge.
I recommend this game to anyone that enjoys building/commanding armies, managing/upgrading cities, and/or conquering regions. What’s awesome about this game is that they allow you to autoresolve battles and automanage cities/taxes so if there’s something you don’t fancy, you can have the AI do it for you.
The only cons I can think of is that the AI can make odd decisions and not having the option to watch battle replays. Sadly, I can’t relive that epic battle.
Best strategy game on the app store.
Starting at the begining of the game, you get an awesome tutorial. Unlike other games, you can choose not to complete missions, etc. This provides a lot of freedom, fun gameplay, and the experience of being a real faction. Advice is always available, which is useful considering the complexity of the game. You can even have suggestions for what buildings to buy and troops to recruit. This game, in adition to awesome battles where you can completely control your army and play with strategies, provides an experience to play around with politics and try to woo the roman senate and the people. Overall, this game is the best for politics, freedom, and excellent gameplay. Also: do not leave this game open as it takes up a ton of energy. IT WILL PREVENT A MACBOOK FROM CHARGING.
still works great for me
runs better than the windows version thanks to further patching. I think most people having problem have older version of OSX. The newest version of Rome Total War now requires 10.8.5 (Mountain Lion). If you are running up to date operating system, exit app store then delete the Rome Total War app. Come back to app store, go to purchases tab and redownload the game. If game STILL doesn’t work it is likely a hardware conflict. For instance, if you have multiple graphics cards and one of them isn’t compatabile the game won’t launch until you remove the other graphic card completely.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Mar 21, 2014
- Version: 1.4.2
- Size: 4.41 GB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Feral Interactive Ltd
- © 2002–2014 The Creative Assembly Ltd. SEGA and the SEGA logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Corporation. Feral and the Feral logo are trademarks of Feral Interactive Ltd.
Compatibility: OS X 10.8.5 or later
Top In-App Purchases
- Rome: Total War - Alexander$6.99