History’s greatest empire, now in your hands.
Experience the full glory of ROME: Total War on iOS! Build and rule the ancient world’s greatest empire by fighting spectacular real-time battles in huge turn-based campaigns.
###BUILT FOR iOS###
Play the classic strategy game optimised for your device.
###ROME IN YOUR HANDS###
Rule the largest empire of the ancient world.
###INTUITIVE TOUCH CONTROLS###
Command your troops with ease using the touch-screen interface.
###ENORMOUS 3D BATTLES###
Turn your screen into an exhilarating battlefield with thousands of troops.
###SOPHISTICATED EMPIRE MANAGEMENT###
Direct your economic, civil and religious affairs from the Campaign Map.
This game requires iOS 11 and just under 4GB of space to install.
Supported iPod Touch/iPhones:
* iPod Touch (6th Generation)
* iPhone SE
* iPhone 5S
* iPhone 6/6 Plus
* iPhone 6S/6S Plus
* iPhone 7/7 Plus
* iPhone 8/8 Plus
* iPhone X
* iPad Mini 2
* iPad Mini 3
* iPad Mini 4
* iPad Air
* iPad Air 2
* iPad (5th Generation)
* iPad Pro (1st Generation: 9.7", 10.5", 12.9")
* iPad Pro (2nd Generation: 12.9")
© 2002–2018 The Creative Assembly Limited. Originally developed by The Creative Assembly Limited. Originally published by SEGA. Creative Assembly, the Creative Assembly logo, Total War, Rome: Total War and the Total War logo are either trademarks or registered trademarks of The Creative Assembly Limited. SEGA and the SEGA logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Corporation. Developed for and published on iOS by Feral Interactive Limited. iOS, iPad and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Feral and the Feral logo are trademarks of Feral Interactive Ltd. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
• Manual Camera Tilt mode - drag with two fingers to tilt the camera (can be enabled/disabled via in-game options)
• Increased zoom-in level on Campaign map
• Tap-to-move controls with improved pathfinding for multi-turn journeys
• Track your progress in Historical Battles; receive bronze, silver or gold ratings depending on what difficulty you completed the battle on
• Device battery level now visible on the Campaign Map
• Various UI and stability fixes
• Now supports iPhone
• Adds iPhone-specific UI with context-sensitive buttons
• iPhone only: Card bar can be expanded to display larger unit and building cards (can be triggered manually or set to expand automatically via in-game options)
• iPhone only: Scrolling tooltip ticker; key information scrolls along the panel at the top of the screen
• iPhone only: First Time Help system; help appears automatically whenever you access a new screen or attempt a new action (can be enabled/disabled via in-game options)
• iPhone only: Improved general help system; tap and hold on units and UI elements to see more information
• Increased zoom-out level on Battle map
• iPhone only: Battle UI can be hidden, allowing greater control over unit paths and formations (tap with two fingers to hide/display UI)
• Improved Character Details screen exposes previously hidden stats and retinue effects
• Improved Faction Summary screen provides at-a-glance information on your faction
• Retinue lists; easily track which followers are attached to which characters
• Auto-Merge Units' option to merge depleted units in armies or fleets
• Colour-coded tooltips in Battle mode to easily see positive or negative unit condition
• Improved Battle status info; status info can be toggled to appear above each unit, and shows unit alignment (friendly/hostile), unit type, health, current orders, morale and ammo, along with their current path
• In-game manual for hints and tips on Campaign and Battle play
Ratings and Reviews
If you’re going to wage Total War, you better have a total strategy. Feral’s faithful port takes us right back to the amazingly complex battles of Rome. We can’t help but make alliances, purposely break them, then chase down our newfound enemies. It’s all fun and games, right? That is, until they get the upper hand…
Good but not perfect
First and MOST IMPORTANT is this: Where are the compatible mods? Mods and modding are among the best and most important parts of the total war series (Which even Creative Assembly seems to forget sometimes.). It appears to be absent from this version so far though unfortunately. Secondly, the controls are quirky, as in they do not always seem very quick, accurate, or reliable. There are also a few inexplicable annoying bugs that occasionally crash the game or freeze the screen. In RomeTW, Numantia can’t produce ships with a port. In Alexander, India is occupied by Persia but can’t be reached.
On the good side, it does look like a faithful port to mobile devices. It is quite thrilling and very satisfying to see those armies marching on you portable devices instead iPod being tied strictly to larger computers. It’s a testament to how far mobile devices have come when you see a program like this that could even make a good computer lag on occasion rarely run into that issue. Updates through app stores are more streamlined and reliable. Start up is smooth and expedient. Aside from the occasional crashes, the game is actually overall a bit more stable.
What I've done and what I've received
I literally Bought the iPad just to play this game (and just make it my game thing), I'm not really disappointed, if this is your first time playing a total war game, you will love this game, it is by far one of the best strategy/war games in the store, still, if you played the CPU version you will realize the differences, these differences are the change in scale of battles, to fit with the ipads mobility, you still get most of total wars immersion but with a small quality drop, but with right marketing I know total war is something that could take over a large part of the gaming community, I am very happy the creators are bringing these games to mobile devices , and hope the consoles are next, I really believe total war games could be a triple A thing, please keep expanding, one day Everyone could be talking about these games like they do skyrim and GTA, you better hurry before mount and blade is also a good game expanding its reaches
- Feral Interactive Ltd
- 3.9 GB
- Requires iOS 11 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2002–2018 The Creative Assembly Ltd. SEGA and the SEGA logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Corporation. Feral and the Feral logo are trademarks of Feral Interactive Ltd.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.