Romulus European History is a quiz-based application of iOS devices designed to help students review for exams in European History, such as AP European History and IB History of Europe and the Islamic World, as well as for unit tests and mid-term exams. Our goal in designing this program is to allow students to reinforce their content knowledge in a fun, quick and accessible way.
This app contains 11 sets of 50 questions each with topics ranging from the Renaissance to Contemporary Europe. All questions have been written or approved by Tom Richey, a teacher with several years of experience teaching AP European History and college-level Western Civilization. In order to best provide quick, accessible explanations to students, the app utilizes external Wikipedia and YouTube links that allow students to quickly review content when needed.
Question and answer updates.
Ratings and Reviews
I was approaching the final test date when I decided to buy this and give it a try. Overall, it's a pretty useful app for learning some basics about various topics, dates, events, ideas, and people.
- Simple and appealing layout
- Good for studying in small increments
- Questions cover most of the major topics and ideas
- Helps you remember a few key dates and people that you might normally forget
What I Would Like to See Improved:
- More questions covering a wider range of topics
- An in-app explanation of the right answer instead of just linking a Wikipedia page (doesn't have to be too long, just some starter info to give a basic understanding)
- Ability to select specific questions instead of having to go through the whole section to get to one
- Maybe some questions based on documents 😃
Overall I really liked the app, but now that I took the test it kinda just sits there on my home screen 😐
Forget quizlet or a tutor, this app is the way to go. I fall behind in history and don't always score the highest, but ever since I got this amazing app I have become one of the best students in my history class. The creator of this app was absolutely brilliant and I can't thank them enough. I am going into my history class with confidence on the day of the EOC. I highly recommend getting this app if you need help in history. By far the best 4.99 I've ever spent!
Fantastic AP Review app
As an AP teacher, I often see students struggle and become overwhelmed as the exam approaches. This wonderful app quizzes students in a fun format. I recommended this to my students, and encouraged them to study a unit at a time and then follow it up with the topic here on Romulus. Given al that it offers, this is a great value. Thanks Tom 👍🏻
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.