RoomScan Pro is the only app with three great ways to get a floor plan, making sure it always gets the job done:
1. Touch Phone Against Walls — perfect where the view of the floor is blocked or poorly-lit, just touch your phone against each wall for a rapid plan.
2. Augmented Reality Scanning — new in iOS 11, use your iPhone 6s, iPhone SE or above's camera to scan the floor and accurately add walls in seconds.
3. Draw Manually & Use Laser — take advantage of slick integration with Leica & Bosch laser measures to get precise measurements onto your plan in moments.
RoomScan Pro can scan building exteriors, yards and gardens too, with the ExteriorScan & PlotScan features.
Export, saving, sending and printing of your plans as standard image files is completely free and unrestricted. Optionally you can buy Export Credits for PDF, CAD and other formats.
"This app is incredible. It draws a floor plan after you tap it against the wall a few times." — LIFEHACKER
"It's incredibly simple, but seems to work really well." — HUFFINGTON POST
"You can trade your tape measure for this slick app called RoomScan" — GIZMODO
Questions or comments? We're here to help: firstname.lastname@example.org
US Patent 8868375
UK Patent Pending
Fix for 3D problem when scanning the room counter-clockwise.
Now creates a realistic 3D model of your room which you can view on-screen, or tap "View in AR" and you can experience walking around the room again anytime, anywhere. This version also includes major performance improvements.
To create a 3D model of your room:
1. Scan with Camera as usual until the finish flag button appears. It's only possible to create a 3D model when you're scanning a real room with walls in the correct positions.
2. Before pressing the finish flag, hold the phone close to walls with visible features like tiles, wallpaper, pictures etc, which should get "painted" onto the walls and floor.
3. Tap finish when you're happy with the coverage.
4. Tap the 2D/3D selector above the floor plan to view your model. In 3D mode, use one finger to rotate, two fingers to move and zoom in/out.
5. Tap "View in AR" to experience being back in the room — anytime.
Ratings and Reviews
Glad I found it
I am glad I found this app, because my room plans have some unusual angles with small doorways. I needed a floor plan to plan for a bathroom remodel. This app is very difficult to learn how to work with. Yes, I read the instructions, and was able to use the “touch” method with my phone. However, it kept telling me I had not touched after returning to the wall after the start point, when I had. So, I had to keep trying over and over. I couldn’t get the AR method to work for me. I tried the Get Assistance email, but no one got back to me today. I also had problems with linking another room thru a doorway—the two rooms weren’t properly aligned (remember the doorways are narrow—24” wide, and set at angles), and I had problems trying to rotate and slide them into position. In two rooms, the measurements surrounding a window area aren’t accurate, and I don’t know how to correct that.
Needs more support FAQs, or instructions.
I admire the app’s comprehensive functionality to map the entire plan of a home or building, especially the wall touch feature. I would like to provide one major recommendation. But first, a prelude . . . .
I read some of the reviews and I noted a single common thread among those that have a problem with the app. The app has many complex features that require practice to handle. Some of the features are not inherently obvious. It took me at least twelves times to map my home adequately. This implies, along with the looking at some of the reviews, that there is a steep learning curve to understand the app at a competent level.
With that said, my recommendation is to provide more extensive videos and/or training instructions for users. The current videos are helpful, but is lacks how to accomplish the finer details on essential functions to pull all the information together harmoniously - like how to add additional rooms to existing rooms, adding openings, editing, etc. These are some of the things I grappled with. I saw the potential, so I stuck with it until I found the solutions.
In summary, the this app has powerful capacities, yet it currently requires the user to adapt to its capability at a deliberately moderate rate.
Tried all the options, but it’s junk
I tried Wall/surface scanning, I tried camera scanning, every option and it’s junk. I took it into an empty bedroom with literally just four walls in an almost square proportion and a little open side cubby for a closet space. It couldn’t “draw” the room accurately not one time. Once it actually just drew some kind of thin rectangle and told me the entire 20’x15’ room was only about 3 square meters! The tutorials barely give you any guidance, mostly trial and error attempts teach you anything. And the “drawing” that results from the auto scan methods is lumpen, the lines aren’t straight at all they look like I could have done better scribbling on a pad of graph paper freehand. I’m glad I didn’t pay to try this app out, it was total junk. If it can’t measure a simple square room accurately then what good would it be in other more complex layouts? Those demo videos must be doctored to look professional because this app did NOT work as advertised.
Hi Joe Blow, thank you for taking the time to write a review. If you'd like to open your latest scan and then choose "Get Assistance" from the (?) menu, we'll have you up and running with accurate plans in moments. RoomScan Pro currently has over 2,000 four or five star reviews in the US and many more worldwide.
- Locometric Ltd
- 34.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2012 Locometric Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- 20 Export Credits $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.