RoomScan Pro is the only app with three great ways to get a floor plan, making sure it always gets the job done:
1. Touch Phone Against Walls — perfect where the view of the floor is blocked or poorly-lit, just touch your phone against each wall for a rapid plan.
2. Augmented Reality Scanning — new in iOS 11, use your iPhone 6s, iPhone SE or above's camera to scan the floor and accurately add walls in seconds.
3. Draw Manually & Use Laser — take advantage of slick integration with Leica & Bosch laser measures to get precise measurements onto your plan in moments.
RoomScan Pro can scan building exteriors, yards and gardens too, with the ExteriorScan & PlotScan features.
Export, saving, sending and printing of your plans as standard image files is completely free and unrestricted. Optionally you can buy Export Credits for PDF, CAD and other formats.
"This app is incredible. It draws a floor plan after you tap it against the wall a few times." — LIFEHACKER
"It's incredibly simple, but seems to work really well." — HUFFINGTON POST
"You can trade your tape measure for this slick app called RoomScan" — GIZMODO
Questions or comments? We're here to help: firstname.lastname@example.org
US Patent 8868375
UK Patent Pending
- Numerous small improvements to the UI to make creating floor plans even easier
- Revised screen for selecting a scan method
- Double-tap on a room in whole-floor view to go straight to that room
- The default width chosen for new objects like doors is now more intelligent based on what you've previously added to the plan
- Objects on walls behave more intelligently when being resized
- New objects are automatically shrunk to avoid “Can’t find space at that location” message
- When you finish scanning an adjoining room, the first view you go to is now the whole plan rather than the room just scanned
- Fix for plan zooming out unexpectedly on undo/redo
- Fixed problem that made it difficult to drag corners to make some shapes of wall such as angled bay windows. If you zoom right in, it's now much easier to make any shape
Ratings and Reviews
Glad I found it
I am glad I found this app, because my room plans have some unusual angles with small doorways. I needed a floor plan to plan for a bathroom remodel. This app is very difficult to learn how to work with. Yes, I read the instructions, and was able to use the “touch” method with my phone. However, it kept telling me I had not touched after returning to the wall after the start point, when I had. So, I had to keep trying over and over. I couldn’t get the AR method to work for me. I tried the Get Assistance email, but no one got back to me today. I also had problems with linking another room thru a doorway—the two rooms weren’t properly aligned (remember the doorways are narrow—24” wide, and set at angles), and I had problems trying to rotate and slide them into position. In two rooms, the measurements surrounding a window area aren’t accurate, and I don’t know how to correct that.
Needs more support FAQs, or instructions.
I admire the app’s comprehensive functionality to map the entire plan of a home or building, especially the wall touch feature. I would like to provide one major recommendation. But first, a prelude . . . .
I read some of the reviews and I noted a single common thread among those that have a problem with the app. The app has many complex features that require practice to handle. Some of the features are not inherently obvious. It took me at least twelves times to map my home adequately. This implies, along with the looking at some of the reviews, that there is a steep learning curve to understand the app at a competent level.
With that said, my recommendation is to provide more extensive videos and/or training instructions for users. The current videos are helpful, but is lacks how to accomplish the finer details on essential functions to pull all the information together harmoniously - like how to add additional rooms to existing rooms, adding openings, editing, etc. These are some of the things I grappled with. I saw the potential, so I stuck with it until I found the solutions.
In summary, the this app has powerful capacities, yet it currently requires the user to adapt to its capability at a deliberately moderate rate.
Tried all the options, but it’s junk
I tried Wall/surface scanning, I tried camera scanning, every option and it’s junk. I took it into an empty bedroom with literally just four walls in an almost square proportion and a little open side cubby for a closet space. It couldn’t “draw” the room accurately not one time. Once it actually just drew some kind of thin rectangle and told me the entire 20’x15’ room was only about 3 square meters! The tutorials barely give you any guidance, mostly trial and error attempts teach you anything. And the “drawing” that results from the auto scan methods is lumpen, the lines aren’t straight at all they look like I could have done better scribbling on a pad of graph paper freehand. I’m glad I didn’t pay to try this app out, it was total junk. If it can’t measure a simple square room accurately then what good would it be in other more complex layouts? Those demo videos must be doctored to look professional because this app did NOT work as advertised.
Developer Response ,
Hi Joe Blow, thank you for taking the time to write a review. If you'd like to open your latest scan and then choose "Get Assistance" from the (?) menu, we'll have you up and running with accurate plans in moments. RoomScan Pro currently has over 2,000 four or five star reviews in the US and many more worldwide.
- Locometric Ltd
- 34.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2012 Locometric Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- 20 Export Credits $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.