RoomScan Pro - The app that draws floor plans by itself
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
RoomScan Pro draws floor plans all by itself - just touch each wall with your phone! Please look at these videos before purchasing: http://locometric.com/demo
"This app is incredible. It draws a floor plan after you tap it against the wall a few times." — LIFEHACKER
"It's incredibly simple, but seems to work really well." — HUFFINGTON POST
"You can trade your tape measure for this slick app called RoomScan" — GIZMODO
We're here to help if you need assistance. Tap the ? button in the app and send us an email.
• The floor plan appears in seconds, with approximate wall lengths and floor area.
• Unlike some floor plan apps, RoomScan can draw floor plans of complex rooms just as easily as small rectangular rooms.
• Measurements are estimated to the nearest 10cm (or half a foot).
• For super-accurate instant floor plans, use RoomScan in conjunction with a laser measure. Just tap a wall on the finished floor plan and input your measurement. RoomScan intelligently combines its own measurements with yours to create a perfect plan.
• Add doors as you walk around the room by touching the door frames, and select from a variety of door types.
• Rooms are automatically connected together to create a plan of the whole floor.
• Save your floor plan to the Camera Roll (no charge) or export to other formats like PDF, DXF for AutoCAD and SketchUp. There is a nominal fee for advanced export options but not for saving as an image.
• Add notes and photos to the floor plans - RoomScan can even take photos automatically and place them in the correct position on the plan.
• Choose your own custom floor plan colours.
• Measurements are available in metric, feet & inches and East Asian units (坪 / つぼ / 평).
Questions or comments? Before leaving feedback here, please give us a chance to help by emailing email@example.com
US Patent 8868375
UK Patent Pending
What's New in Version 4.20
- Now compatible with Leica® DISTO™ Laser Measurers. Pair your device in settings, select a wall, and press the measure button on the device.
- Fix for occasional crash when splitting walls. Many thanks to Peter Doris for his assistance in tracking this down.
- Fix for RoomScan Pro getting slower or crashing as the number of rooms and properties grows. Many thanks to Michael "Kapp” Brown for his assistance in tracking this down.
- Fix for purchasing export credits on iOS 7 devices
New in 4.19:
- New French, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese and Brazilian Portuguese translations making 9 languages in total.
- Leica® DISTO™ can also be used to position doors & windows.
- You can now choose colours for individual rooms.
- Room height can now be entered manually or using a Leica® DISTO™. Wall surface area is calculated automatically.
- Wall lengths can now be set by entering a length when drawing rooms manually as well as with AutoCorrect. This works with DISTO™ too.
- Doors, windows & other objects can now be dragged into place with your finger.
- The door type can now be chosen as part of the "add door" circular menu option, instead of having to change it afterwards
- New door type: Double Doors
- New door type: Garage Doors
- Room rescan button. Finally!
- Exported PDFs now only show the measurement units selected in preferences in the app
- Updated for iOS 9.
- Circular menu is now more user friendly.
- Notes now appear on exported PDFs.
- Fix for incompatibility with latest iPods
- Fix for pairs of "on closed door" doors erroneously becoming French Doors (thanks to Samuel).
- Updated Spanish translation with thanks to Antonio Sanchez
- There's no longer a confirmation prompt before AutoCorrect runs. Please let us know if this causes you any problems.
- Fixed: measurements left/right of door now show distances to corners in the selected room; previously always showed distances to corners in the room the door was originally created in
- Fixed: room name appearing not to update when renamed
- Fixed: when dragging walls around, doors etc would sometimes be left dangling
- The most recent property is now attached to support emails. You can remove it if preferred.
Huge time saver!
I saw ads for this app on social media and was highly skeptical, but decided to throw in a few bucks for it anyway. I was very pleasantly surprised to see that it works exactly as advertised. I'm renovating my 100 year old house and needed a floorplan, and measuring every wall with a tape measure was out of the question. Using RoomScan, I mapped out the entire first floor in under 30 minutes and every wall came within half an inch of the actual size after I spot checked. The second use case I have is finding properties to renovate and rent out. There's no way I'd be able to measure them and plan spaces in a timely manner without RoomScan. The interface could certainly use an update, but everything is in working order. Recommended!
This app is hard to review. It really is almost great, but falls a little short.
What is great is the magic, of walking around a room, touching the wall, and getting an accurate drawing of the room layout. Connect rooms through doors, and seeing things line up. It’s really cool!
I wouldn’t expect this phone app to be able to give me an architectural quality drawing of my whole house. Getting getting the drawings pretty close, in a form that I could edit on my laptop would be a game changer. And the app does give a really good start, though passageways get skewed, and rooms drift. I can export as a DXF, but it seems to be one big object, and not very editable.
Maybe the problem is that I just don’t know what I’m doing, which is true enough. But, in that case, the app should come with some pointers on how to keep going with polishing a set of plans. But there’s no help in that regard.
Finally, the publisher’s attitude is pretty bad. When it prompts you to rate the app, it threatens “no free upgrades” unless you give a 4 or 5 star review. For that alone, they deserve no more than 3 stars.
I don’t take away any points because they charge to export the plans, because they don’t charge very much.
Read b4 you buy, Tough to use
So this is a really cool concept, and a great start!
But if you are measuring older construction (like the kind where the corners aren't square, and neither are the rooms, it is really inaccurate.
Manually changing the wall sizes doesn't change the shape, which is great for autocorrecting the estimated lengths (which obviously weren't going to be perfect, no foul there) but is useless in adjusting tricky rooms. In the end, I could have done better with a simple paint app and a measuring tape, and it only would have taken 2 minutes more to quick measure the rooms (which would have been way more accurate than the measurements you get that are off by three feet sometimes).
But... Overall, if this app were free, or refined, it would be awesome. Unfortunately, I just wasted five bucks.
The color option was really helpful though! And the layout did have basically the right shape.
So if you are touring rental properties and want to compare favorites, and the real estate agent didn't bother to make a hand out for interested parties, then this is your app. But if you're the real estate agent, so t waist your time. And if it's for construction.. Same thing.
DIY projects could benefit though.
Just remember it's a rough inaccurate help!
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Nov 25, 2015
- Version: 4.20
- Size: 7.2 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Locometric Ltd
- © 2012 Locometric Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 50 Export Credits$0.99