RoomScan Pro - The app that draws floor plans by itself
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
RoomScan Pro draws floor plans all by itself - just touch each wall with your phone! Please look at these videos before purchasing: http://locometric.com/demo
"This app is incredible. It draws a floor plan after you tap it against the wall a few times." — LIFEHACKER
"It's incredibly simple, but seems to work really well." — HUFFINGTON POST
"You can trade your tape measure for this slick app called RoomScan" — GIZMODO
We're here to help if you need assistance. Tap the ? button in the app and send us an email.
• The floor plan appears in seconds, with approximate wall lengths and floor area.
• Unlike some floor plan apps, RoomScan can draw floor plans of complex rooms just as easily as small rectangular rooms.
• Measurements are estimated to the nearest 10cm (or half a foot).
• For super-accurate instant floor plans, use RoomScan in conjunction with a laser measure. Just tap a wall on the finished floor plan and input your measurement. RoomScan intelligently combines its own measurements with yours to create a perfect plan.
• Add doors as you walk around the room by touching the door frames, and select from a variety of door types.
• Rooms are automatically connected together to create a plan of the whole floor.
• Scan building exteriors, yards and gardens with the new ExteriorScan & PlotScan features.
• Save your floor plan to the Camera Roll (no charge) or export to other formats like PDF, DXF for AutoCAD and SketchUp. There is a nominal fee for advanced export options but not for saving as an image.
• Add notes and photos to the floor plans - RoomScan can even take photos automatically and place them in the correct position on the plan.
• Choose your own custom floor plan colours.
• Measurements are available in metric, feet & inches and East Asian units (坪 / つぼ / 평).
Questions or comments? Before leaving feedback here, please give us a chance to help by emailing email@example.com
US Patent 8868375
UK Patent Pending
What's New in Version 5.0.2
5.0.2: Support for Bosch laser measures & minor bug fixes. New in 5.0:
- Stairs — add stairs by placing the phone down on the top/bottom step during a scan
- ExteriorScan — scan the outside of buildings
- PlotScan — scan yards and gardens by placing the phone flat on the ground at each corner
- Compass support — compass point added automatically
- Enhanced multi-floor capabilities — floors are automatically oriented to match up
- High-precision mode for entry of mm or fractions of an inch
- Add a range of new objects to your plans
- Rooms now snap into alignment as you move them in relation to each other
- Hundreds of fixes and usability improvements
A great app!
If you don't want to have to always be going back and measuring walls, windows, and doors for projects and the like, then this would be a great app for you to buy. I've looked at a few others where they utilize the camera in the phone to capture a room dimensions in an 'augmented reality' kind of sense, but, believe it or not, they're not that good.
To developers: I'm noticing a glitch sometimes when I adjust the length of a wall where it will completely reposition a room in relation to others. Could you also make it to where the width *and* depth of a stair segment symbol could be adjusted, and not merely a square segment?
Also, please add symbols for other appliances such as the refrigerator, TV, desk, table, bed, and so on, with adjustable width and depth. On a related note, I think it would make positioning symbols just a little bit easier if when rotating a symbol there were 'detentes' at 0°, 90°, 180°, and 360°.
Amazing App, Technology, Innovation
I am amazed by the usability, ingenuity, value, & perfect presentation of very little on the App Store; this app however is absolutely brilliant! As a real estate agent I use it constantly, but it is even more useful to remodelers, DIY'ers, Interior Designers, Contractors, Inspectors, appraisers, and even architects! The fact you can measure a room in a very accurate and detailed manner in a matter of minutes is mind boggling, even more outstanding is that you can create as is floorplans in just a few additional taps. The integration of app/phone/user is at a higher level then I have ever encountered, and they should use the design of this product as a teaching tool that explains both the ideal way to have a fully immersive experience with a software/hardware integrated process and how to develop usable technology that anyone, and I mean ANYONE can utilize!! Congratulations on a brilliant app!
Very promising but needs improvement
Great app especially for square rooms. A little more challenging to use when you have multiple turns and it's not a perfect square but with practice you can usually get a room down with a few good tries. Took me about 2 hours to do a whole apartment properly to scale. Also syncs with other blue tooth laser measuring devices not just Leica brand. I think needs a lot of improvement is needed is using the feature where you start in the opening to another room. Often misdirects right off the first wall application leaving your room floor plan running north and south instead of East and West and vice versa. This can be solved by adding a feature where the room can be rotated once created and then manually connect it to the opening or door from the previous room.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jun 21, 2016
- Version: 5.0.2
- Size: 12.1 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Locometric Ltd
- © 2012 Locometric Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 50 Export Credits$0.99