By Faber Acoustical, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
RoomScope turns your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch into a room acoustics measurement and analysis tool. With RoomScope, you can measure a room impulse response and then calculate reverberation time, early decay time, clarity, and definition, as defined in the ISO 3382 standard. RoomScope also allows you to adjust the Schroeder decay curve integration limits with the touch of your finger and plot the calculated room parameters versus whole or 1/3-octave band center frequency.
- Easily accessible measurement, excitation, and room analysis screens.
- Export acquired data to CSV, TXT, or MAT files.
- Save impulse response (IR) data to AIF, CAF, or WAV audio files.
- Save high-resolution plots to PDF files.
- Save plots to your device’s photo library.
- Import IR’s acquired from other apps and stored in AIF, CAF, or WAV audio files.
- Single-channel Measurement (for audio input devices that support it, multiple channels of data can be acquired simultaneously, but each channel is handled independently)
- - Capture room impulse responses (IR’s) directly using impulsive noise sources, such as starter pistols or balloons.
- - Multiple triggering modes make it easier to capture an impulse.
- - Capture IR’s up to 10 seconds in length.
- Dual-channel Measurement
- - Measure room impulse responses (IR’s) up to 16 seconds in length (up to 5 or 10 seconds on older iOS devices).
- - View IR, squared IR, frequency response (FR) magnitude, or coherence in the measurement screen.
- - Excitation signals include linear and log frequency sweeps (chirps) as well as white or pink random and pseudorandom noise.
- - External excitation signals are supported with dual-channel (stereo) audio input hardware.
- - Calculate room acoustics parameters according to ISO 3382, including T20, T30, T60, EDT, C50, C80, D50, and D80, over the entire audio frequency range, or in whole or 1/3-octave bands.
- - Plot room parameters versus whole or 1/3-octave center frequency.
- - See the Schroeder decay curve plotted over the squared IR and set the decay curve integration limits with the touch of your finger.
What's New in Version 4.0.1
- The black color scheme now uses black status bar, toolbar, and tab bar backgrounds.
- A bug has been fixed which sometimes prevented the cursor from displaying correct amplitude information in the 1Ch IR tab.
- RoomScope now supports fractional octave band smoothing of 2Ch FR magnitude and coherence data (1/6, 1/12, and 1/24 octave bandwidths).
- Built in support for iTestMic and iAudioInterface2 from Studio Six Digital.
- Built-in support for automatic downloading of sensitivity data for the Dayton UMM-6 USB measurement microphone.
- RoomScope 4 employs a new plotting framework for real-time data graphs and high resolution image export.
- A bar graph is now used to display room acoustics parameters across octave or 1/3-octave frequency bands.
- Support for drawing directly to an external screen (from iPad) has been removed in favor of screen mirroring, which is handled by iOS.
- Audio hardware input and output options are now presented from a separate toolbar button, which looks like a microphone, on iPad, iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
- It is possible to adjust the line thickness of plotted data.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Feb 04, 2015
- Version: 4.0.1
- Size: 5.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Faber Acoustical, LLC
- © 2015 Faber Acoustical, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.