By Faber Acoustical, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
RoomScope turns your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch into a room acoustics measurement and analysis tool. With RoomScope, you can measure a room impulse response and then calculate reverberation time, early decay time, clarity, and definition, as defined in the ISO 3382 standard. RoomScope also allows you to adjust the Schroeder decay curve integration limits with the touch of your finger and plot the calculated room parameters versus whole or 1/3-octave band center frequency.
- Easily accessible measurement, excitation, and room analysis screens.
- Export acquired data to CSV, TXT, or MAT files.
- Save impulse response (IR) data to AIF, CAF, or WAV audio files.
- Save high-resolution plots to PDF files.
- Save plots to your device’s photo library.
- Import IR’s acquired from other apps and stored in AIF, CAF, or WAV audio files.
- Single-channel Measurement (for audio input devices that support it, multiple channels of data can be acquired simultaneously, but each channel is handled independently)
- - Capture room impulse responses (IR’s) directly using impulsive noise sources, such as starter pistols or balloons.
- - Multiple triggering modes make it easier to capture an impulse.
- - Capture IR’s up to 10 seconds in length.
- Dual-channel Measurement
- - Measure room impulse responses (IR’s) up to 16 seconds in length (up to 5 or 10 seconds on older iOS devices).
- - View IR, squared IR, frequency response (FR) magnitude, or coherence in the measurement screen.
- - Excitation signals include linear and log frequency sweeps (chirps) as well as white or pink random and pseudorandom noise.
- - External excitation signals are supported with dual-channel (stereo) audio input hardware.
- - Calculate room acoustics parameters according to ISO 3382, including T20, T30, T60, EDT, C50, C80, D50, and D80, over the entire audio frequency range, or in whole or 1/3-octave bands.
- - Plot room parameters versus whole or 1/3-octave center frequency.
- - See the Schroeder decay curve plotted over the squared IR and set the decay curve integration limits with the touch of your finger.
What's New in Version 4.2
- The nominal microphone sensitivity is properly set on the new iPhones.
- RoomScope now allows mixing audio with other apps. This means that it is possible to play music from the Music app while performing signal analysis with RoomScope. It is also possible to mix the output of the signal generator with the audio output from another app.
- When working with an iPhone or iPad that has multiple built-in microphones, the unique name of the selected microphone is displayed (e.g. “Bottom Microphone” or “Right Microphone”).
- Other bug fixes/stability enhancements, including iOS 9 compatibility.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Oct 24, 2015
- Version: 4.2
- Size: 8.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Faber Acoustical, LLC
- © 2015 Faber Acoustical, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.