By Faber Acoustical, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
RoomScope turns your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch into a room acoustics measurement and analysis tool. With RoomScope, you can measure a room impulse response and then calculate reverberation time, early decay time, clarity, and definition, as defined in the ISO 3382 standard. RoomScope also allows you to adjust the Schroeder decay curve integration limits with the touch of your finger and plot the calculated room parameters versus whole or 1/3-octave band center frequency.
- Easily accessible measurement, excitation, and room analysis screens.
- Export acquired data to CSV, TXT, or MAT files.
- Save impulse response (IR) data to AIF, CAF, or WAV audio files.
- Save high-resolution plots to PDF files.
- Save plots to your device’s photo library.
- Import IR’s acquired from other apps and stored in AIF, CAF, or WAV audio files.
- Single-channel Measurement (for audio input devices that support it, multiple channels of data can be acquired simultaneously, but each channel is handled independently)
- - Capture room impulse responses (IR’s) directly using impulsive noise sources, such as starter pistols or balloons.
- - Multiple triggering modes make it easier to capture an impulse.
- - Capture IR’s up to 10 seconds in length.
- Dual-channel Measurement
- - Measure room impulse responses (IR’s) up to 16 seconds in length (up to 5 or 10 seconds on older iOS devices).
- - View IR, squared IR, frequency response (FR) magnitude, or coherence in the measurement screen.
- - Excitation signals include linear and log frequency sweeps (chirps) as well as white or pink random and pseudorandom noise.
- - External excitation signals are supported with dual-channel (stereo) audio input hardware.
- - Calculate room acoustics parameters according to ISO 3382, including T20, T30, T60, EDT, C50, C80, D50, and D80, over the entire audio frequency range, or in whole or 1/3-octave bands.
- - Plot room parameters versus whole or 1/3-octave center frequency.
- - See the Schroeder decay curve plotted over the squared IR and set the decay curve integration limits with the touch of your finger.
What's New in Version 2.0
- RoomScope’s appearance has been completely revamped for iOS 7. RoomScope supports both iOS 6 and iOS 7, but looks largely the same on iOS 6 as the previous version.
- Audio data handling is more efficient.
- When entering a preferred sample rate, “48k” can be entered in the text box, as an alternative to typing out “48000.”
- Default input sensitivities have been updated, based on measurements of the iPhone 5S and 5C microphones and headset inputs. Nominal input sensitivities have also been updated for iPad Air and iPad mini with Retina display.
- Cursor info text now uses a larger font.
- 2Ch IR works properly when the internal excitation signal is selected for the X input and pan is set to 100%.
- A bug in the HTTP file server has been fixed.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Mar 04, 2014
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 4.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Faber Acoustical, LLC
- © 2014 Faber Acoustical, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.