Download the app to get access to a mobile reading service that makes great fiction a seamless part of your life.
Rooster delivers short, satisfying installments that take an average of 15 minutes to read but build into two book-length works a month. Whether it’s on your morning bus ride, that long line at the DMV, or those minutes before bed, there's a story to keep you company anytime, anywhere, right on your smartphone.
Like your trusted friend who always has the perfect recommendation, we also take the guesswork out of choosing your next read. Each month, we pair our contemporary selection with a classic. Both are great on their own and together they’re even better, like a fine cheese with the perfectly selected wine.
With contemporary fiction from major award-winning and bestselling writers, and a curated selection of classics, Rooster makes your commute the most engrossing part of your day.
Rooster is free to download and use!
Please visit http://readrooster.com/privacy and https://readrooster.com/terms for more information.
- mobile reading service that brings great fiction to busy people
- installments take 10-20 minutes to read and create an immersive reading experience that fits your schedule
- two perfectly paired titles each month so you always know what to read next
- simple, elegant reader and layout keep you immersed in the reading experience
- Internal fix: Booklist will now be refreshed every time the app is opened.
- Renamed Your History to Your LIbrary
- Removed in-app subscription purchasing
Ratings and Reviews
I've tried using this app multiple times and every time it says it's unable to establish a connection even with wifi or 4g. Useless.
The app was unable to recognize a connection. I can make an account. I just can't subscribe to anything. Lame.
Great concept, Meh execution
The concept of this app is stellar. I'm already a huge reader, but $5/month for two books is too good a deal to pass up. The fact that you don't get to choose the titles is actually appealing to me. It's a chance for me to force my reading into new directions I normally wouldn't take myself. Delivery of small quantities of reading in doses is also fun and a great use of times I'm just waiting around (doctor's office, in line at the post office) which I'd probably otherwise use playing a mindless game.
I think that, over time, the app will get better. Right now, the bugs annoy me. Often, when I go to reopen the app to continue reading, I find an error message that does not go away unless I uninstall the app and reinstall it. Then, the app doesn't keep my place in the reading, but opens to the very end of the last installment and I have to go hunt for the page I left off on.
Since ease of use isn't huge for this app right now, I probably won't stick with it, but may check back in when they've worked things out a bit more.
- Plympton, Inc.
- 6.1 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © DailyLit
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.