Learn Languages: Rosetta Stone
By Rosetta Stone, Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Learn a new language the way you learned your first. Fun, intuitive, immersive lessons teach you to speak and think in your new language. Develop fundamental language skills naturally with no translation or memorization required! You’ll speak in your new language right from the start, and you’ll even get feedback on your pronunciation from our proprietary speech recognition technology.
Learn one of 24 languages including Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, English, German, French, and Italian with fun, self-paced lessons designed by experts in language learning. Our language apps are used by millions of people all over the world.
2014 Academics’ Choice Smart Media Award winner
2014 Tabby Awards Users' Choice pick"
2015 Tabby Awards Best Android App
“The gold standard” – CNN
“Rosetta Stone may be the next best thing to living in a country.” – The Wall Street Journal
“The approach to learning languages works.” – TechCrunch"
Both new and existing Rosetta Stone users should use this app for on-the-go language learning.
Download the app and try your first lesson for free.
• Gain practical conversational skills with lessons based on everyday scenarios
• Build confidence speaking with our speech recognition technology
• Practice anytime, anywhere to keep your skills sharp
• Learn core language skills: speaking, reading, and listening
• Start a lesson on your tablet and finish on your phone or desktop
• Download lessons to use offline (Coming soon for Enterprise and Education learners)
• Automatically sync your progress across all your devices, whether mobile or desktop
Spanish (Latin America)
COURSE MATERIAL AND LESSONS INCLUDE:
• Language basics
• Greetings and introductions
• Friends and social life
• Dining and vacationing
• ...and more!
What's New in Version 2.6.1
What's new in 2.6.1:
• Easier to remove downloaded lessons you are no longer using
• Improved offline mode experience
• Bug fixes
Not enough practice speaking
Nowhere near enough practice speaking, which may be just as well because it "okays" pretty bad mispronunciations, especially of vowels. This may be a misguided attempt to be "lenient" or avoid going too hard on students-- but pronouncing a vowel incorrectly can completely change the meaning of a word. It would be far better to be draconian from the get-go; garbled pronunciation defeats the whole purpose of learning a language. Not that you would, because as mentioned at the outset, there is barely any practice speaking. Both Pimsleur and Living Language beat the hell out of this VERY expensive software, at a fraction of the price. Though neither is an app, both would be a vastly superior way to learn another language--again, at a small fraction of Rosetta Stone's wildly inflated cost. I'd give it a negative star if I could, because it wastes your time.
Great but a bug or two
So far I really do like this app. The only major complaint I have is it has a few bugs. I downloaded all my lessons so as to be able to use them offline as well on an iPad. Occasionally in the middle of a lesson a message pops up stating the lesson is not loaded and must be downloaded. When this happens the library shows the lesson as NOT downloaded and must be re downloaded. It can be frustrating. Fix this major glitch, and I'd have no complaints and highly recommend this app!
Good, but a little misleading.
I bought this expensive program because it stated that up to 5 family members could use it, but once I bought it I learned that they could only use it on the computer, not on line. It would be extremely expensive to have a whole family being able to learn on iPads and iPhones which, of course, would be the most accessible way to use this program. I have learned a good bit on my own in only one week though.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Apr 11, 2016
- Version: 2.6.1
- Size: 80.3 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Rosetta Stone Ltd.
- © 2013 Rosetta Stone Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Spanish (Latin America) (5 Levels)$199.99
- English (American) (5 Levels)$199.99
- French (5 Levels)$199.99
- Italian (5 Levels)$199.99
- German (5 Levels)$199.99
- Japanese (3 Levels)$129.99
- Spanish (Spain) (5 Levels)$199.99
- Chinese (Mandarin) (5 Levels)$199.99
- Portuguese (Brazil) (3 Levels)$129.99
- Russian (5 Levels)$199.99