Rover Wireless Spy Tank by Brookstone
By Brookstone Innovation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NOTE: This app can only be used with the Rover Wireless Spy Tank sold exclusively at Brookstone stores and Brookstone.com.
MAKE STEALTH YOUR MISSION. ROVER'S FREE APP IS THE "KEY" TO ITS IGNITION.
Download and you’re ready to go. Navigate the office, follow your friends & family, even the activities of your dog up to 200 feet away! You’re “behind the wheel” with real-time video and audio. Drive by the seat of your pants, the on-screen arrows, or the accelerometer.
• Built-in mic transmits sound in real-time
• Manually-adjustable camera streams live video, takes still photos
• Undetectable infrared light lets you see items in the dark
• Generates its own Wi-Fi wireless connection for your device
• Travels up to 200 ft. unobstructed, 100 ft. around walls
• Runs on 6 AA batteries (included)
• Exclusively from Brookstone
• This message with self destruct. (Not really.)
Tons of Fun !
Great "Toy". Works as advertised. Has great range on an Apple AirPort Extreme WiFi setup. Ran it out to the garage and down the sidewalk to the neighbors driveway and back. Tracks enable it to climb small ledges or go over door thresholds.
For those having wifi connection issues. turn on - go to settings, wifi, pick device. Exit settings. THEN open app for Rover. Have to pick wifi first, before opening app. Once wifi connection is made, it is rock solid.
Have been chasing the cat with it all over the house. Camera, sound, night vision all work. Have been using the on screen buttons for steering. Have not tried the G-Mode for steering. Directions seem backward as buttons control left or right "tracks" on device, thus making it seem to steer reverse from what you would think buttons should do. Does not take very long to get the hang of it though. Overall excellent device and innovative use of an app. Great work Brookstone!
Ideas for upgrades:
Ability to transmit sound from iPad to Rover.
Elevate camera somehow, swivel?
Great toy, but could use better quality assurance department
I bought the rover for my 10 year old brother. After initial trouble setting it up, it is now fully functional and my brother absolutely loves it. Overall I would say it is a great present and would give more stars if it weren't for the buggy software.
Reasons for 3 stars:
1. Initially app crashed on start up (mentioned by other reviewers). I've had similar experiences due to old OS (iPad still had IOS 3). So I spent an hour+ upgrading the OS even though the app is supposed to work on iOS 3. Upgrading to iOS 5 fixed the crash.
2. After the upgrade, the app started, but would post an "invalid user/password" error (also mentioned by other reviewers). Then the app would crash. After about 30 minutes of frustration playing with settings, etc, I finally restarted the iPad and then re-installed the app. For some reason, this fixed the issue and it has been working ever since.
I hope that Brookstone can figure out a way to improve the intial user experience with their next app release.
It does what it says...!!!!
It really works...!!! Im not a paid customer...!!! I'm a satisfied customer...!!! Don't believe what people say, maybe they don't know how to turn on this gadget...it's so simple...turn on the on/ off switch to on, then go to to your iPad or iPhone or what ever you have...go to settings...then go to wifi give it a few seconds...automatically appears some kind of numbers or letters...that's your wifi for your vehicle (toy)...you are set to have fun for hours, my pet at the beginning was kind of scared but later was jumping up n down and barking....it really works...the camera works... I have a blast at home with my kids (4)...they have a blast too....!!!!NO, I'm not getting paid for this...I think people before they write good or bad reviews they should check things first...I love it and believe me....you will love it too...!!! EXCELLENT WORK...!!!
- Category: Entertainment
- Released: Aug 10, 2011
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 1.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Brookstone
- Copyright©Brookstone. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.