Rowmote Pro: Remote Control for Mac
By Evan Schoenberg
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Rowmote Pro is the ultimate wireless remote, trackpad, and keyboard for Mac. A gorgeous universal app for iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad, with everything from a multitouch trackpad to full extended keyboard support, and with no-configuration control of dozens of the best Mac applications plus AirPlay mirroring, it is a must-have for any home media center or presentation!
* Rated "Excellent" and one of just 400 apps featured in the WIRED App Guide 2011 *
You love the remote control which came with your Mac - so simple yet elegant, with easy control of Front Row, iTunes, Quicktime, DVD Player, Keynote, and more.
Or, your Mac didn’t come with a remote control or doesn’t even have an infrared port. The Apple Remote would cost a significant amount. Add ANOTHER hit to your wallet for a wireless control like a keyboard, mouse, or the Apple Magic Trackpad!
You carry your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad wherever you go… so why should you carry a second device just to control your computer? Furthermore, why should you need line-of-sight to do so?
Enter Rowmote Pro! Rowmote Pro is like your Mac’s remote control, but over the wireless network and even better! Trackpad and keyboard give you complete control over your computer, and you can control, launch, and quit apps, toggle the iTunes Visualizer, and more without ever having to squint at your screen. Rowmote is Mac-like from the ground up.
- Control your Mac completely over a wireless network. No line of sight necessary.
- Works like the hardware Apple Remote Control in:
• Front Row
• Adobe Lightroom 2
• Airfoil Video
• DVD Player
• eyeTV 3.x
• Hulu Desktop
• Keynote ‘08 & ‘09
• kJams Pro
• Microsoft Powerpoint ‘04 & ‘08
• OpenOffice Impress
• PandoraOne Desktop
• Plex & Plex Home Theater
• The Tube
• xbmc (Xbox Media Center)
PRO CONTROL: A single tap switches to the keyboard & trackpad mode.
- Portrait & landscape
- True multitouch: Scroll with two fingers, right click, drag, pinch to zoom, and swipe with 3 or 4 fingers.
- Tap anywhere or use the virtual button
- Keyboard includes extended characters, modifier keys, function keys, numeric pad, brightness control, and more
- Multiple monitor support
- SWITCH: Access your Mac’s Dock; launch & switch between all controllable applications on the Mac; toggle the iTunes visualizer; and more.
- Sleep & wake as needed (wireless waking requires Mac OS X 10.6+).
- Control AirPlay mirroring and audio output (requires Mac OS X 10.8)
- Innovative Gesture Pad for no-look control over menu-driven applications like Plex and Hulu Desktop
- Pause the music or video automatically when you answer a call on your iPhone
- Proximity sensor support to automatically turn the screen off if the device is face-down
- Secure authentication
- Connect via Bluetooth if your carrier supports Internet Tethering (iPhone)
• Mac OS X 10.4.0 or later: The free Rowmote Helper program must be running on the Mac. Download at www.rowmote.com. Some features require Leopard (10.5) or later; some gestures require Lion (10.7) or later.
• Apple TV: 1st gen/2nd gen only may see www.rowmote.com/atv for potential compatibility.
• The portable device must be on the same wireless network (or a computer-to-computer network). If a firewall is enabled, access must be allowed (port 5842).
Rowmote Pro is the only app you need to control your computer. Couple it with Apple’s free Remote app to turn your iPhone or iPod Touch into the ultimate controller for home stereo, mobile presentation, or casual video viewing.
Artwork of Rowmote Pro is by Rik Schennink.
What's New in Version 3.9.2
Fixed a bug in the Dock display in iOS 7
Great for AppleTV and XBMC
Loved using this app on my AppleTV and XBMC. It removed our need to use the apple remote and everyone in the house who has an iPhone / iPad no longer needs to search for the remote. It also adds the keyboard which keeps us from scrolling to all the different keys when typing. It's a great innovation.
It is only used over WiFi by us so do some research if you are looking to replace traditional tv remotes.
Rowmote works well for controlling Mac mini
We're using Rowmote as a controller from an iPhone to control a Mac mini as a home theatre computer (HTPC). Rowmote works better than the Bluetooth Mac keyboard & trackpad for the limited types of interactions to control a HTPC from a couch.
Great app, works like a virtual iRemote and turns your phone screen into a remote touch pad to move your mouse and click on things. Also can launch applications in your applications folder. Perfect.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jan 23, 2014
- Version: 3.9.2
- Size: 48.9 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Evan Schoenberg, M.D.
- © 2008-2014 Regular Rate and Rhythm Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.