Rozeta is a suite of MIDI sequencers and controllers that lets you explore a new, freeform approach to sequencing and controlling mobile music apps.
The app contains 10 MIDI Audio Units (a totally new feature in iOS11) in a single package, which can be loaded in compatible MIDI AU hosts (AUM, Cubasis 2, ApeMatrix, Sequencism).
1) Rozeta Bassline: a monosequencer based on the popular Troublemaker sequencer. Obviously comes with all the randomization and mutation features. Up to 8 patterns per sequence, with Follow Actions. Transpose using MIDI.
2) Rozeta Rhythm: a euclidean drum sequencer with mutations per instrument and polyrhythms. Comes with configurable key mappings for many popular drum apps.
3) Rozeta X0X: classic TR-styles step sequencer for drum machines. Supports triplets, polyrhythms and mutations per channel. Optionally emulates the exact timing jitter pattern of the legendary TR-808
4) Rozeta LFO: a triple MIDI LFO generator lets you modulate CC parameters of your MIDI instruments. Apply amplitude modulation to each wave for more organic behavior. Optionally syncs to tempo.
5) Rozeta XY: a double XY Controller Pad for generating 4 simultaneous configurable CC controller streams per instance. Also features MOD wheel and PitchBend sliders.
6) Rozeta Arpeggio: adds a MIDI arpeggiator to any of your synths. Offers latch mode, shuffle and automatic tempo synchronization. Turn any incoming MIDI stream into an arpeggio on the fly.
7) Rozeta Particles: MIDI particle generator - generates a cloud of MIDI notes that create pseudo-random patterns when bounding off the walls.
8) Rozeta Cells: Polyphonic Step Recorder - record and play back polyphonic phrases and patterns.
9) Rozeta Collider: MIDI Hadron Collider - explore semi-repeating generative patterns and melodies.
10) Rozeta Scaler (NEW): MIDI Scale Quantizer and Transposer - tune incoming MIDI to a different scale, never play out of tune again.
- these plugins do not run as a standalone app and require a compatible host to work
- MIDI is not sound. To make sound you'll have to feed the MIDI into a synthesizer or instrument app. Bring your own synths!
- MIDI Pass Thru switch in Rozeta LFO (for use in DAWs which chain MIDI filters)
- Automatic MIDI Thru in Rozeta XY
- Added some drum templates to Rhythm and X0X
Ratings and Reviews
The sequencer is awesome, but audio unit only is a problem
I bought this pack of sequencers because I love how it was done in their drum synths. While Im impressed with all the musical possibilities this unlocks, my biggest concern is the choice to only support this app as an audio unit plugin. I wont go into the awful DAW options out there, the lack of decent apps that support sequencer AUs or the painful process of trying to get them to work right and fit into my workflow. Ill just simply state that if this app had the option of being used full screen with midi out (similar to the drum synths) I would give it 5 stars no questions asked.
A great tool for music makers!
This is my second favorite ios music app (after Gadget). I have too many apps to name but this one gets used the most. Using this with AUM is an easy and fun way to make music, and the other apps by Bram Bos work together with this well. Other developers apps also work easily, i like using collider or particles with Imini or Isem for a great background bed of music. Funkbox with Xox is another great combo. The best part is the developer has added new features free of charge.
The plugins themselves are good. But I’m disappointed that I am unable to use them the way as I hoped in my DAW. The documentation to set them up is lacking. I would give 5 stars if I was able to actually use them to full potential. Perhaps it’s the development of the DAWs which are lacking. You would think after several years, iOS DAW developers would understand what a good DAW workflow entails. This particular developer makes cool stuff, but it seems the iOS platform is simply cumbersome.
Developer Response ,
It seems your issue is actually with Beatmaker 3, as I have no influence over how cumbersome it is to use plugins in a third party host. All Rozeta plugins do actually work without issue in Beatmaker 3 once set up correctly. There is a set-up guide available on ruismaker.com. If you have complaints about how a host works, it seems a bit unfair to blame my plugins and give a 1-star review.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.