Finally, you can create RPG's on the go with RPG Creator for iOS!
This unique app will have you building maps, creating npcs and monsters, fighting epic battles, and sharing your creation with the world in no time at all!
- Create villages, castles, caves, world maps and more with the Map Editor!
- Easily create events and bring your RPG to life!
- Extensive Database allows you to modify and customize your game!
- Default resources and assets to get you started or you can import your own!
- Play Games made by other users or upload your own creations!
Create RPG's with the touch of your finger! Compatible with both iPhone's and iPad's!
Version up with various improvement:
NEW: Sample games translated in English.
- wrong state/item lists used when adding/removing items through an event;
- wrong terrain shown in "Tileset Settings";
- re-naming of imported resources;
- player remaining stuck in the water if loading a game where the last position was in a boat vehicle;
- wrong volume value shown in the BGM event window;
- reset of some effects (mostly using-of/equipping-of items) after a game has saved;
- possible corruption of the map when the app goes in background;
- vehicle issue when disembarking in the same tile of an event.
- various crashes
Ratings and Reviews
Good Stable RPG Creator System
I’ve just picked this RPGC up after wanting to see if there were any new “Game Development Software” on the ios market, since I last looked about a year ago, and found this one to not only look decent from the developer’s media, but look like it had some fairly decent customization options to use. When I got into the software it took only a few minutes for me to figure out how to use the map editor properly; though there are still undo bugs with it. The Event Editor I’m still playing with, and I have read a lot of the comments, it seems like most “Event” commenters are placing far too many events into a map and the source script either is taking a while to process them all, or can’t and just crashes. (NOTE: With the 300 tile max for free edition, a possible 25x21 map size has 96 edge tiles, if you have all sides lined with “Move To” events that’s 92 events the game has to process BEFORE the player’s input. Divide that by the Logic Ticks per second the game runs on (probably 24) and you have lots of input lag on the controls. FIX: Limit Events to <20 for best results. Logic Ticks =\= FPS.)All things considered, this is the best ios Game Dev App I’ve ever tried, and anyone wanting to try and make a retro rpg should definitely take a look at.
Fun, But Has Issues
It's a fun little tool. I bought the premium version, and I've had a blast putting my game together, even though I knew squat about programming. However, there are a few things that desperately need to be fixed:
The game crashes if you enter a battle while in the Confused state.
There needs to be a way to publish games on other platforms, such as being able to make it downloadable on the App Store, Steam, personal websites, etc. Many people, such as myself, have invested hours upon hours working in their games, so there needs to be a way to at least play a game without using the RPG Creator app.
Battle dialogue needs to be able to be edited. For some reason, when I enter a battle in my play tests, the word "of" often appears next to nouns. For example, the battle dialogue will say "Aliceof attacks!" or "Received 50 Goldof!". At the very least, the "of" issue needs to be fixed.
The app is great for aspiring creators, but it does have some glaring issues that can easy be fixed by the developers. I hope you see this, developers: people are forking over $8 for your app. It's important that you fix the issues they're pointing out.
Bugs and Ads EDIT
Edit: looks like they've fixed the issues I was complaining about. The it works so much better now. I recommend this if people want to get their foot in the door for game development. Five stars.
This is pretty good considering the things you can do and its price. I wasn't expecting this to be as good as RPG Maker but still pretty good. But I have noticed a bug. When selecting an item for the character to receive in the event window, It shows the items as "state" instead of which item I want. I have to choose "Death" for receiving a potion and so on. Also I don't like that when I purchased the app there's still ads on the app. I gave one star just so the developers can notice these issues. Will gladly give five stars once these issues are fixed.
- RYOHEI SATO
- 138.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Japanese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © satoapp.com
- In-App Purchases
- Unlocked contents $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.