Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
RPN computer scientist calculator emulating the voyager series (model 16) introduced thirty years ago. It employs mathematical computation as found in the original 80s calculators and comes with some unique features such as RPN stack visualization, macro recording of keystrokes, portrait view mode and fully customizable look and feel.
User Interface features:
– 39 keys in both portrait and landscape orientation
– 4 level RPN stack display (X, Y, Z and T)
- simultaneous hexa, binary, decimal and octal of stack top value
– RAM editing and backup (swipe left on calculator display)
– customized keystroke behavior (click, glow, vibration on iphone)
– toggle mode for prefix keys
– customized look and feel, choose a modern flat look or more classic emboss look
– back label reference information display
– contextual help for calculator functions
– RPN (Reverse Polish Notation) entry mode, programmable
– Functions are identical to those found in the 80s model e.g. binary, octal, decimal and hexadecimal display, adjustable word length (64 bit max), floating point and fixed point arithmetic, register shifts, mask, bit operations and much more
What's New in Version 7.1
New User Interface
Optimized for new devices
Dropped support for iOS6 and earlier
Numerous customization options
Love this App, Except...
I've been using this app for over 4 years now. I especially like it on the iPhone 6 as the larger screen improves button accuracy. I would have given a higher ratings if the current version had the old user interface as one of its options. I loved the look of the older version (exactly like the real calculator), but don't care for the new look. I especially dislike that the option to lock it in landscape mode is gone. In the real world, having your buttons change location just because you happened to tilt a little too far is annoying and counter-productive. I'm glad the update appeared on my iPad before my phone got it, as the phone is where I really use it a least a couple of times a week. I will really try to avoid upgrading to this version as long as possible.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jan 09, 2015
- Version: 7.1
- Size: 3.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Guenole Silvestre
- © 2015 AmeloConsulting
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.