"RS-R30I" is a remote control application for the ICOM Wideband Handy Receiver "IC-R30."
You can operate and change the receiver’s settings using an iPhone or iPad, and you can also check
iOS version 9.0 or later for 64 bit CPU models.
Refer to the instruction manual for details.
- The RS-R30I does not guarantee compatibility with all iPhones and iPads.
It may not work, depending on its OS version, installed applications, and so on.
- Confirm the IC-R30's Serial port function is set to"CI-V (Echo Back OFF)"
( [MENU] > Bluetooth Set > Data Device Set > Serialport Function )
- Bluetooth LE is used to connect with the IC-R30 and it is a slow data transfer.
So there may be a time delay between the receiver’s operation and the display on the data device.
In addition, depending on the receiver environment, it may not be able to operate properly.
- Bluetooth may be disconnected in the following cases:
· The screen of the device is locked.
· The application is running in the background mode.
· Wi-Fi is enabled.
· Connecting or removing a Bluetooth headset.
Ratings and Reviews
Airpods or app but not both.
I like the app - it’s not quite smooth and trouble free yet but it generally works. If Icom can make it able to stay connected with Airpods I’d love the app. Thanks Icom for this capability when others are ignoring iOS or remote options.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.